Saturday the 12th December

A Christmas Dream
“Aaron was seriously the funniest to prank call! Most people just hang up immediately, but he acted like he had never tried to get a prank call before,” Rainie said when we were eating breakfast.
“Yeah, seriously...”
I hadn’t told her about Aaron’s mysterious call last night, but it didn’t matter anyway.
I took out the Christmas decorations. It was always exciting to find all the old stuff again. And as I had two big boxes, there was enough to explore.
“Wow, look how cute this is!” Rainie exclaimed when she found a Christmas teddy bear. I remembered it – it had been my favorite teddy when I was a baby. I called it Xiao Xiong [[Little Bear]].
When we packed out all the stuff, I laid it in the sofa, where the kittens weren’t slow to discover it. They had all grown bigger, especially Cow. Or maybe he was just fat.
“Pixie hats! [[A/N: Had no idea what these are called in English, so just translated directly from the Danish ‘nissehue’. It is the red hats with white tassels on.]]” Rainie shouted happily, when she found five of them in one of the boxes.
Meanwhile, Cow was busy biting in Xiao Xiong’s ear, but since it had already been bitten so many times, I didn’t do anything about it. Rainie and I both took on a pixie hat each.
“I love these!” I said.
“Shouldn’t we wear them at school?”
“Of course!”
It took the whole morning until lunch to decorate my apartment. But when we were done, it was really Christmas-ly.
“Now we only need a Christmas tree,” I said.
“Let’s ask Show to help us get one!” Rainie suggested with shining eyes. Normally, she would say ‘some guys’. I became surer and surer that it was serious this time.
“Okay then. If we ask Aaron along too, he can examine the kittens when we get home,” I said.
“Aaron? Shouldn’t you invite Wang Zi instead?”
Why hadn’t I thought of him as the first?
“We can invite both, and then we don’t have to carry anything,” I said and laughed to get the focus away.
“Good idea! I’ll call Show,” she said happily. I called Wang Zi and Aaron, and we agreed to meet at the market where they sold Christmas trees.

Rainie and I arrived as the first ones, but Show and Aaron arrived only three minutes later.
When we had been waiting for Wang Zi for ten minutes, my mobile rang.
“It’s Gui Gui,” I said when I picked it up.
“I’m sorry, Gui, something came up. I can’t go to the market right now,” he said quickly.
“What’s wrong?” I asked.
“Nothing, I just remembered that I have something to do, bye,” he said and hung up. I felt like someone had thrown a bucketful of water in my head.
“What did he say?” Rainie asked.
“Uhm... his family forced him to go to his grandparents, so he can’t come,” I lied.
“Alright, then let’s go, it’s him who misses it,” Rainie said jolly. She linked to Show’s arm, and they started walking and chatting. Aaron and I followed. As Aaron didn’t seem to be in his talkative mood, there was a pretty awkward silence.
“Uhm... Why did you tell me not to go out last night?” I asked.
“I heard Hebe talk to Ella and Selina about something,” he said distantly.
“About me?” I asked.
“Yeah, something about you... I’ve seen the girls who got ‘punished’ by Hebe, so I thought I would warn you,” he said, still with his gaze fixed at Show and Rainie.
“Why warn me, when you didn’t do anything to stop Hebe from bullying that girl the other day?” I asked, kinda offended, even though I didn’t know why.
“You don’t understand. You can’t stop Hebe. You can only warn people not to get too close to her,” he sighed.
We walked a bit in silence again. The tree sale was in the other end of the market. Rainie and Show chatted happily.
“Aaron?”
“Yes?”
“May I ask you something?”
“As long as I can refuse to answer.”
“Okay, I actually have three questions. The first... why are you together with Hebe, when you seem not to like her?” I asked.
“Let’s just say I would have to say goodbye to my facial features if I broke up with her. Her father is very powerful, and she knows how to use it.”
“So... you actually don’t want to be with her?” I asked. I felt sorry for him.
“Not at all.”
When I could feel that he wasn’t going to say more, I continued asking.
“Okay. The second question... Why are you and your sisters so different?” I asked.
“Who knows?”
Short answer. Last question.
“Then... the last question. How did you and Show become such good friends? You seem totally different.”
“It’s a long story, and...”
“Look! They sell Christmas trees here!” Rainie shouted and cut him off. We started examining the trees until I found the one I liked best.
“I want this one...” I bought the tree from the salesman, while Rainie went to buy some hot chocolate. Show intended to lift the tree.
“Aaron! I could need a little help!” he said.
“Why do you want to lift it?” Aaron asked.
“We can’t let the ladies bear this heavy tree all the way to Gui Gui’s apartment. It’s called being a gentleman, Aaron!” Show said smiling.
Aaron took his hands out of his pockets and went to help Show, just when Rainie came back, and I had finished paying.
“Drink this first!” Rainie said and handed a cup to Aaron, who still hadn’t lifted the tree. Show, who already had the one end of the tree over his shoulder and used both hands to hold it, had to be helped by Rainie to drink the hot chocolate, which he definitely wasn’t sad about.

When we finally came back to my house and had borne the tree to the apartment, we started t it.
Aaron checked that everything was well about the kittens, and when he was around them, he immediately became another person. With a warm voice, a warm smile and warming eyes.
I was nearly about to drop a marble because I couldn’t stop looking at it.

***
Satisfied ?! xD
Halfway through December :D
Have you made your lists of wishes yet? :p

Hmm... nearly everything seems happy now... too happy >:D
I better hurry up to write the last chaps xD
T h a n k s for all the comments! :D I looooooove you all!! :D
Please comment, even the shortest notices make me extremely happy ^^,
- Blitz