Wednesday the 9th December

A Christmas Dream
I woke up where I had fallen asleep. In the corner I had arranged for the kittens.
One of them was lying on my stomach, the two others next to me. I carefully sat the one on my stomach down to the others, but it woke up from it and stretched and yawned. I had never seen anything cuter.
When I got on my feet, the two others woke up as well. I the light. I could finally see their colors.
One of them was black with one white ear. Another one was white with black spots, and the last one was only black. I couldn’t wait to tell Rainie about them.

“Seriously? And they are at your house now?!” Rainie said excited. I had just told her about last afternoon and evening – it started out with that she had wanted to know every single detail about my ‘date’ with Wang Zi. And then I had added as a last comment; ‘and then Aaron and I found three kittens on my way home’. A new thing she wanted to know everything about.
As she insisted on seeing them, and as I had no problem with it, she went home with me.
When she saw the three kittens, her first action was (of course):
“Oh my god! They’re SO cute!”
“Be careful,” I said, when she ran (faster than I had ever seen before) to the corner where the kittens were.
I walked out to make some more cream mixed with water for them to drink. Aaron had been very clear in saying that I couldn’t let them drink milk.
“Have you named them yet?” Rainie asked when I came back.
“Not yet...”
“Then let’s give them some names!” she said happily.
“I thought about calling the spotted one Cow. Its pattern looks like a cow’s...” I said and sat down.
“No, you can’t call it Cow! I would make him sad.”
“How do you know if it’s a he or a she?” I asked.
“I don’t know, but he looks like a he...”
We kept on discussing if Cow was male or female, until the doorbell rang. I walked out to open.
“Aaron! What are you doing here?” I asked.
“I have a cat tray and some feed for the kittens,” he said and looked at me like I was stupid.
“Oh, of course,” I said and let him in.
“Who is it?” Rainie shouted from my room.
“It’s just Aaron!” I shouted back.
The next second Rainie stood in the entrance.
“Aaron? What’s he doing here?” she asked suspicious.
“He teaches me how to take care of the kittens,” I said.
“Oh...”
“We were just discussing...” I said when we all three sat down around the corner and looked at the kittens, “...how you can tell if it’s male or female?” Since he already had cats at home, he probably knew how.
He didn’t say a word – he hadn’t really said anything since he came in – but lifted the spotted one and looked under it.
He also lifted the two other kittens and examined them before he finally said something.
“The two black ones are female, the spotted one is male,” he said.
“Ha! Just like I said,” Rainie said to me.
“You only said Cow was male, you didn’t say anything about the black ones,” I protested.
“Cow?” Aaron asked.
“We call the spotted one Cow,” I told him.
“No we don’t, it sounds bad,” Rainie said.
“I think it fits,” Aaron said without emotion.
“What are your cats called?” Rainie asked.
“Sheep and Goat.”
“You must be kidding.”
“No, seriously. Show named them,” he said. “But I call them Penelope and Miranda.”
“They’re female?” I asked before Rainie could say anything. Her eyes had lightened up when she heard Show’s name mentioned.
“Yes.”
“Show named them?” Rainie asked.
“Yes, but it’s nothing compared to what his dog is called,” Aaron said and smiled. Rainie looked just as shocked as I had been when I saw him smile for the first time.
“What’s it called?”
“Hot Dog of the Desert.”
“Seriously?” I laughed.
“Seriously,” he nodded.
“Wow...”
Then Rainie agreed to that Cow wasn’t the worst name for a kitten.
“What should we call the other two?” she asked. “Wait, let’s text Show!”
Aaron looked thoughtful at her.
“No, we can just make some up,” I said. One kitten named Cow was enough.
“Okay,” she said downhearted.
“I think Penny would fit the one that is totally black,” I suggested.
“I think so too. Then we could call the black with the white ear Wendy,” Rainie said.
“Agree.”
Aaron still didn’t say anything, but looked very thoughtful.
“The cat tray with grit is in the entrance together with the feed. I have something to do. Bye,” he said, didn’t look at us and walked out.
“Weird fellow,” Rainie said when he was gone. I could only agree, but not as whole-hearted as I used to

***
Unfortunately, I have to stay in jail xD
One of my friends actually once had a cat named Cow... and one named Chicken Ô_ô
I still need to write 7 chaps *lazy*
OMG 9 comments !!! THANK YOU so much :D I am so happy :D
- Blitz