Wednesday the 23rd December

A Christmas Dream
I was on my way to Aaron’s house. Cynthia had given me the address.
I had Cow, Wendy and Penny with me in a box with a blanket inside. I wasn’t really aware about why I brought them, I just did.
I couldn’t believe that there was only one day left before Christmas. It had all suddenly gone so fast.

I knocked the front door. Aaron’s house wasn’t big, but not small either. It suited five people pretty well.
I heard someone walk around inside, and the sound became louder and louder until the door was unlocked.
A tall and friendly-looking man opened the door. He looked at me with tired eyes.
I smiled friendly and asked if Aaron was home.
The man, who I assumed was Aaron’s father – or, not his biological father, but the person who took the role as it – nodded. Without a word, he stepped aside so I could walk in.
He pointed at the staircase.
“He’s in his room,” the man said, and walked back to the living room. His eye bags were big, and he looked out of energy.
I tore myself out of my daze and walked upstairs.
There was a passage with four doors at the 1st floor. Just when I wondered which door I should knock on, the door right to my left got shut open, and Cynthia walked out. She looked furious, but got surprised by seeing me.
“Gui Gui! I wondered when you would arrive. Aaron’s door is that one,” she said quickly, and pointed at the door farthest away in the opposite side of the corridor.
She walked with angry steps downstairs, and a woman followed her, keeping talking.
“Cynthia, honey, it’s not like we can change this in any way! Please listen to me...”
I supposed it was their mother. She didn’t look like a bad person on the outside, but appearance can lie, I guess. Looking at Cynthia’s upset attitude, I suspected that they had just been fighting.
I tightened my grasp in the box, and knocked on the door Cynthia had pointed out.
“What now?” a well-known, but frustrated voice said.
The door was shut open.
“Mom, I don’t want to hear more about... Gui Gui?” He looked happily confused.
“What are you doing here?” he asked. He opened the door further, and I took my shoes off and walked in.
“I brought some Christmas encouragement,” I smiled, and placed the box with the three kittens on his desk. His room was about the same size as mine, which made me feel comfy.
“What...?” He looked down in the box, and smiled brighter than I had ever seen before. I completely forgot about the cold wind outside and how much I missed my parents. His lightening smile burned it all away.
“They’ve grown big!” He picked up Penny and let her rest on his arm. I took Cow out of the box and placed him on the floor, before I took up Wendy.
“Cow eats everything he gets close to, especially cacao and jam, so you better be careful,” I said smiling.
“I’ve got no jam and no cacao in here, so I guess it’s fine.”
We sat down on the edge on his bed.
“Do you give them the feed I showed you?” he asked. I nodded.
“Every day, as you told me to.”
Cow had found a paper ball and chased it all over the room.
“By the way... Didn’t you say you had to cats? Where are they?” I reminded him.
“In the living room, I think, but I don’t want to face my dad right now,” he sighed troubled.
“I’ve heard the whole story from Cynthia,” I confessed. He looked seriously at me. Not judging, his eyes were smiling. It had the exact same effect as when he smiled with his mouth. My heart melted.
“Cynthia has always...”
“Aaron?” I cut him off. He looked asking at me.
“May I hug you?”
He looked truly surprised and confused. But then he smiled.
“Only if I may kiss you,” he answered.
I leaned forward and hugged him tightly. He hugged me back.
I could feel a warmth in my heart, which quickly spread to my whole body. I had never felt like this before.
I glanced furtively at the floor, where Cow and Wendy curiously looked at us. Penny had found a good place for sleeping on the pillow.
Aaron turned his head and kissed me. I wasn’t prepared for it, but kissed him back.
And of course Cow chose this moment to do a Cow-ninja-style back-attack on Aaron, which made us crack up in laughter.
Just when we were about to get our breaths under control, it knocked on the door.
Aaron shouted ‘come in’.
The door was opened, and Bianca looked in.
“Who are you?” She pointed at me.
“We’ve met before, I’m Gui Gui,” I smiled friendly. She looked indifferent at me, before turning back to Aaron.
“Our parents want to see us in the living room right now. Cynthia is already there,” she coldly said, and closed the door behind her when she walked out.
“A bit... distant?” I looked asking at Aaron.
“I’ll send you off first. This might not be pretty,” he smiled.
We put the kittens back into the box. Cow was a bit troublesome, but at last we got them in.
Aaron followed me to the front door and hugged me again.
“Thanks for the encouragement,” he said. “It was the best I could get.”
I smiled and waved goodbye when he let go of me, and happily walked out of the driveway.

Finally something went my way. I could feel a deep happiness inside, and I knew where it came from, and where it should come from. Fortunately, it was the same person.

When I sat in my apartment again, I called Rainie.
“Rainie! Guess what just happened,” I excitedly requested her.
“Hmm... Cow made a backwards somersault again?” she tried.
“No!”
I explained it all to her, and she had just the reactions I had expected.
“Seriously? That’s just great! Now we can go on double-dates!” That was just how her mind worked.
“By the way, Show has invited me to his and Aaron’s families’ Christmas party. He said you were welcome too. Do you want to come along?” she asked.
“Of course, but I’m not sure how many from Aaron’s family there will be, as they’re pretty messed up right now,” I reminded her.
“Aaron is coming, Show told me. That’s the most important thing, right?” she convinced me.
“Okay, but you got to help me find a present for him tomorrow. Can you meet me at the mall by ten o’clock?”
“Sure.”
I hung up and leaned back in my chair.
My mobile rang. I didn’t know the number, but picked it up.
“Hello?” I asked.
“Gui, it’s Hebe. I can’t believe what I just heard from some very reliable sources,” Hebe said in a hard voice. I felt chills running down my spine.
“What did they say?” I tried to sound indifferent.
“That you just went to Aaron’s house, and he hugged you before you left.”
As I couldn’t see who she was to interfere in this, I took on a tough voice.
“And shouldn’t you be pretty indifferent to what your EX-boyfriend does?” I asked.
“That’s what you think. I command you to break up with him, right now,” she ordered. I felt an anger building up. Who did she think she was?!
“It isn’t any of your business, and I won’t break up with my BOYFRIEND.” I felt like hanging up immediately, but I had to hear Hebe’s reaction.
“So it’s true then?” Her voice was now cold and calm. “Do you know what you did to unwanted kittens in the old days?”
“No?” I said surprised.
“You drowned them. And as I see your three kittens as pretty unwanted if you don’t break up with Aaron, I’m afraid I’m gonna do that to.” She hung up. I sat as shocked.

***
Longer chap today :D
Ready for final chapter tomorrow?
I ordered the version of Show’s new album with the 80 pages photo book :D Can’t wait for January.
But tomorrow is Christmas (and I still haven’t wrapped in all my presents, oops.)
Please please comment ^^, It’s really appreciated, and this is the last but one chap!
- Blitz