Monday the 7th December

A Christmas Dream
Another Monday. Another Monday, but a Monday closer to Christmas. Less than three weeks to go.
And therefore also shorter time till my parents came home.
I tried to be as much away from home as possible, even though I used to love to be home. But sometimes I felt too lonely.

Rainie and I sat as usually in the library after school. I seemed that one of the parallel classes had gotten a big Geography assignment, since at least six boys had been over to ask already.
“Why do you think it’s mostly guys who come over to ask for help?” Rainie said thoughtfully.
“Maybe the girls just try to solve the problems by themselves before they come over to ask... most boys are more like ‘I don’t understand this, I’ll just ask’,” I said.
“Hmm... It’s still weird... Whatever, let’s get this essay done,” she decided, and turned back to her paper.
Someone pricked my shoulder. I sighed.
“If it’s about the Geography assignment, you can just ask your classmates, I’ve explained it to them at least five times,” I said without looking.
“No... It’s not that,” a boy’s voice said.
“Then what?” I finally turned my head to look at him. I couldn’t remember that I’ve seen him before.
“Can I talk to you outside?” he asked nervously.
“Sure,” I said, sent a ‘look after my stuff’ gaze to Rainie and got on my feet. I followed him outside.
“Wu Ying Jie, I’ve liked you since the first time I saw you. I know I’m not as clever as you, nor as talented, but I really like everything about you.”
I was baffled.
“...Can you please consider being my friend?” he asked. I didn’t know what to say.
“Uhm... may I know your name?” I stammered. He was actually really handsome.
“Oh, of course. My name is Qiu Sheng Yi, but people usually call me Wang Zi,” he said, and seemed a bit more secure. It suited him well.
“Wang Zi? Why do they call you Prince? Hey, wait! Aren’t you that guy from the basket team?” I asked. I thought I had heard someone mention ‘Wang Zi from the basket team’ once, even though I didn’t follow the sport teams of the school.
“Yes, I’m on the basket team,” he smiled.
Awkward silence.
“So... will you consider it?” he asked.
“Huh? Oh, yes... consider... of course,” I said. He smiled happily.
“Here is my phone number, see you then!” he said, gave me a piece of paper and walked away while he waved.
I walked back to Rainie in the library with a very distant expression on my face.
“Hey? What’s wrong? What did he say?” Rainie asked.
“What? Oh... nothing...” This was the type of guys I liked. Straightforward, polite and friendly.
“He definitely did!” Rainie had got that fanatic look on her face that she got every time she sensed some great gossip.
“He just... alright,” I said, and explained it all to her. Her eyes became shinier for every word I said.
“Oh my god, and he was sooo handsome!! You really have to take this opportunity, Gui!” she said over-happily, like she was getting married or something like that.
“Calm down, speak lower,” I said. People started looking at us.
“Okay, okay... But seriously!”
“Shh!”
***
My heart broke when I wrote this... sigh... and when I re-read it... bigger sigh...
I don't think I wrote Wang Zi on the cast list, did I? xD *goes back to check*
Well, Aaron is more in the following chaps, so hope you'll keep reading :)
Please comment :)
- Blitz