Friday the 11th December

A Christmas Dream
“What did the vet say?” Rainie asked, when we sat at Quadric’s and drank hot chocolate that afternoon.
“He gave me a medication for them, which should help kill the fleas,” I said.
“Do they have fleas?” She suddenly looked worried.
“Yes, but they can’t bite human,” I sighed.
“But I have to tell you what happened before I took the kittens to the vet...” I told her the story about Hebe in the park.
“Wow she’s such a b...”
“Speak lower!” I said.
“Yes, okay. Oh my gosh, good thing you were there!” she said.
“I normally don’t want to judge people before I meet them, but this time I was right about her... unfortunately,” I said.
“Well said.”
“Then... how about you and Show?” I asked. Now I had told enough.
“Uhm... Can you keep a secret?” she said and blushed.
“When have I not been able to keep a secret?” I smiled.
“Alright... Gui, I don’t think I’ve been so deeply in love before! Really!” she said happily. I could tell from her expression that she had been waiting to tell me this.
“Really? Not like all the other guys?” I said a bit suspicious. On the other hand, Rainie was actually chased by a lot of guys, but only chose to like those she couldn’t get or didn’t have the courage to talk to. If she was really determined this time, it would be really great.
“Really.”
At the same time, Jiro came over to ask if we needed a refilling of our cups.
“Yes, thanks, Jiro,” Rainie said indifferently. Okay. If she ignored Jiro, this was serious.

I sat on the floor in my room and wrapped in those presents that I had already bought. Penny and Wendy were sleeping in the corner, while Cow ran around and chased a ball made out of paper and Sellotape. I laughed whenever he made especially weird moves to catch it.
When I had just finished the last package – now I only needed to buy presents for my cousin – the phone rang. I ran out to pick it up.
“The Wu family, this is Gui Gui,” I said automatically.
“Hey honey! How are you doing?” a boy’s voice asked. Oh no. Not him.
“Stop calling me ‘honey’, Kip,” I sighed.
“I just wanted to ask how you’re doing!” he said.
“I was doing well until you rang. Bye,” I said and hung up. God. This guy had been annoying me since we met on a vacation to mainland China. He had somehow got the idea that I was his girlfriend, even though I had told him billions of times that I wasn’t. Maybe he just teased me, but he was still annoying.
The phone rang again. I picked it up.
“I don’t want to talk to you, Kip!” I said.
“Gui Gui?” Oops. It wasn’t Kip.
“Oh... sorry, Aaron, I thought it was someone else,” I apologized.
“I could hear that... Anyway, you shouldn’t go out of your house later today,” Aaron said.
“What? Why?” Why couldn’t I go out of my own house?
“Just some good advise. No matter what you do, don’t go out,” he warned me.
“But... I still need to buy dinner!” I protested. He shouldn’t tell me what to do.
“Get someone else to buy it for you and come over with it. This is for your own best, it would be dangerous for you to go out,” he said.
“Okay okay,” I said. Not that I wanted to obey him, but I could invite Rainie over and make it a movie night.

After watching several girl movies, eating several pizzas and talked several times about how horrible Hebe was (Rainie had been all over the school to find other bad stories about her, of course), we decided to prank call people. It was even funnier in the middle of the night.
“Who should we call first?” I asked.
“Someone who gets angry... hey, do you have Aaron’s number?”
We dialed Aaron and waited for him to pick up.
“Hello?” he said.
“Is this Mr. Yan?” Rainie asked with a distorted voice.
“Yes, who’s asking?” he asked.
“This is Lily Chen from the pizzeria in Jilong. The deliverance of your pizza with goat-milk and mussels will be pretty expensive, since you’re living pretty far away,” she said. I was about to crack up, but held it in.
“What? I haven’t ordered any pizza,” he said confused.
“Yes you have, and also a bubble tea with snot taste,” she answered in the same voice.
“Is this a prank call?”
Rainie hung up, and we both cracked up in laughter. He couldn’t call back because the phone was set on ‘unlisted number’.
We called a few of our classmates, but got bored with it after some time.
“Let’s watch another movie,” I suggested.

***
I thought it was pretty boring when I re-read it xD hope you like it anyway.
But............ there will be some GuiLun tomorrow :D the REAL drama will start on... Sunday or Monday I think Ô.ô depends on how you judge it xD
Weeeeee, thanks so much for all the incredible comments :D
I <3 you all!!!
See you tomorrow (;
- Blitz