Tuesday the 15th December

A Christmas Dream
Now that both I and Rainie were heartbroken, it was easier to be happy. It may sound weird, but when we both were in the situation, it was easier to laugh at.
In the lunch break, we walked by a table where Wang Zi sat with his friends. I ignored him completely, and Rainie helped me, and we made sure to walk very close by.
We met Xiao Xun when we bought lunch.
“I’m so sorry for that thing yesterday,” she nervously said, “I didn’t know he was cheating.”
“I think we’re in the same situation then,” I smiled.
“Yes, it could also have been you who found Gui and Wang Zi together,” Rainie added. Xiao Xun smiled.
“Is Gui Gui really your name? I heard Wang Zi call you by that yesterday,” she said.
“My real name is Wu Ying Jie, but I prefer to be called Gui Gui,” I explained. “Has Hebe been bothering you since?”
“Since...? Oh, no she hasn’t. I actually think it’s pretty weird,” she said thoughtfully.
“We haven’t heard from Aaron since Saturday either, have we?” Rainie suddenly asked.
“No, that’s true...”
Rainie cleared and pushed me a bit. She nodded in Wang Zi’s direction when I looked at her.
I glanced furtively at Wang Zi, who casted glances at us at regular intervals. He seemed pretty uncomfy.
Therefore, we started to happily chat with Xiao Xun, who had also noticed it, just to give him something to think about.

“Wait, Gui Gui!”
I stopped and turned around. Wang Zi came running towards Rainie and me. He was out of breath when he reached us.
I starred him down with help from Rainie.
“We have more important stuff to do, so if you’ll excuse us,” I said coldly and started walking, but Wang Zi grabbed my arm and held me back.
“Why are you trying to avoid me?” he asked with regret in his voice.
I sighed and looked at him. He looked hopefully up.
“I’m not trying to avoid you. I just don’t want to hear your voice,” I said and swallowed a lump.
The hope turned off on his face, and he straightened his back so he was taller than me. Rainie functioned as silent support by my side.
“You haven’t even heard my explanation!” he said offended.
“Whatever? Xiao Xun was obviously convinced that you two were lovers, and I was too. That counts as cheating. What is there to explain?” My voice had become a bit more unsecure. Wang Zi seemed angry.
“Fine, I get your point. I can’t believe I even liked you,” he said, but is somehow sounded like he didn’t mean it.
“You may think I’m a loser, but I don’t really care,” I proclaimed.
“Then you can care for your small, cute kittens who are more important than anything else!” he said.
“I will, ‘cause they’re way more reliable than you!”
“But I actually have something to thank you for, Wang Zi,” Rainie mocked at him. “We’ve gotten a brilliant new friend, who by the way also is done with you.”
He opened his mouth like he wanted to say something, but closed it again. He stood a few moments with an indecisive expression on his face, before he turned around and walked away.
I sighed shuddering.
“Wow... At least I don’t have to be confronted like that,” Rainie said. We looked at each other. And then cracked up in laughter.
Hopefully, Wang Zi could hear it from wherever he was at the time. We laughed until we nearly couldn’t breathe.
“How ridiculous... how ridiculous...” Rainie kept repeating through her laughter. I finally pulled myself together and took a few deep breathes.
“He really thinks he’s a big shot, huh?” I said breathlessly.
“Sure,” Rainie managed to utter.
“Alright, let’s go home, we still have time to bake some cookies,” I suggested.
“Good idea, I love cookies,” she agreed.

Maybe it wasn’t such a bad thing to break up with Wang Zi. At least I hadn’t wasted more time on him. And now I could be free and careless like before.
I thought, at least.

***
I'm running short of time to write the last chaps :S but I'm soooo busy -.-'
Guess what? It's snowing here :D hurray :D
Hope it'll stay till Christmas Eve - I want a white Christmas.
Please please please comment :)
- Blitz