Saturday the 19th December

A Christmas Dream
Watch out for mistletoes...
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Rainie helped me setting my hair. I had a purple dress on with leggings in the brightest yellow color I could find, and Rainie had a red dress and silver leggings on. It didn’t look too formal, neither too casual, and the dresses were the same style, just in different colors. Rainie’s outfit was obviously the most Christmas-ly, but we both had our pixie hats on. Not that we expected it to fit in at the party. That was actually the purpose of wearing them.
Rainie seemed really nervous but happy; she hadn’t forgotten that today was the day Show would come home from his family trip, but tried to ignore it.
“How’re we going to get revenge on Aaron?” she asked to distract her thoughts. As I also needed to distract my bad conscience, I keenly discussed the topic with her.

We stood in front of Hebe’s house. It was huge. How come she was so eager to have Aaron as boyfriend? Aaron wasn’t especially rich; he was more like me and Rainie, just normal. Hebe seemed to be more than rich.
A man grabbed my arm when we tried to walk inside.
“Who are you?” he asked. He was dressed in a black suit and had shades on.
“Uhm... Wu Ying Jie,” I stammered. He looked a bit frightening.
“Wu Ying Jie? Fine. Is that your friend?” He pointed at Rainie.
“Y-yes...”
“You’re allowed to go in,” he said, and let go of me.

“What a nice welcoming, huh?” I asked Rainie ironically, when we were inside. She nodded agreeing.
We walked further inside to a big room where the party was held. The music was playing too loud, and there were dozens of people. I couldn’t recognize any of them, so they were probably from Hebe’s school. As we had expected (and hoped), no one else was wearing pixie hats.
“Look! There’s a bar!” Rainie said, and pointed out. It looked like they were serving beer.
“Better not get drunk!” I smiled. There were Christmas decorations everywhere, and I had to admire Hebe’s sense for decorating.
Someone pricked my shoulder. I turned around and stood face to face with Hebe.
“Looks like you dared to come at last,” she smirked. I pricked Rainie on the shoulder, and she turned surprised around to, and gasped when she saw Hebe, Selina and Ella.
They probably had the most outstanding outfits at the evening on, but didn’t look like they were much in Christmas mood.
“Who is that?” Hebe pointed at Rainie.
“Oh... This is Rainie Yang, my best friend,” I presented, and tried to sound cool.
“Rainie Yang? Think I heard Show and Aaron talk about you once,” Hebe considered. Rainie blushed and looked down when Show was mentioned, but it was fortunately hard to see due to the lightening of the room.
“Whatever,” she finally concluded. It obviously wasn’t important to her.
“I actually think Aaron went to get something to drink for me... as I told him to... well, see you later!” She made a short hand gesture, turned quickly around and walked away. Selina and Ella sighed to each other before they followed.
Rainie and I glanced speaking to each other, before we went to check out if there was someone else we knew.
“She is a bit... bossy?” Rainie whispered, when she had made sure that Hebe wasn’t in sight.
“Not a bit... a lot,” I corrected her. “Hey, shouldn’t we go get something to dri...”
To my surprise, Rainie suddenly froze in a motion. I looked at her, and then what she was looking at.
Show stood in front of us. He had the exact same, shocked expression on his face as Rainie. They stared at each other for two very long seconds, before Rainie cut her loose.
“Yeah, that sounds like a good idea, Gui. L-let’s go get something to drink.” With a last, desperate glance at Show, she turned around and dragged me with her.
“Oh god...” she said with a deep breath, when we were in the other end of the room.
“Why is he here?” She looked at me like she wanted me to be the all-knowing heroine, but I couldn’t.
“I have no idea,” I said, and patted her back. She tried to keep her breath under control.
“I knew he would be home today, but not early enough to attend a party in the evening...” she managed to say. She looked up and blinked. I could feel how upset she was.
“Rainie, let’s get the best out of the evening. Remember our mission,” I reminded her. Rainie suddenly looked determined.
“Yes!” she shouted loud enough for the nearest ten persons to hear. But as everyone was shouting and talking loud, it didn’t matter. Some of the guests had already achieved to get drunk.
“Let’s go get some soda pop, if they had it...”
We walked to the bar and ordered two colas. The bartender gave us a weird glance, obviously because everyone else ordered beer.
“Hey! Pretty girl, why are you only drinking cola?” an obviously drunk guy shouted at me. He and his friend came over.
“If I pay you a drink, you can pay me back in another way,” he said cunningly, and lifted his eyebrows. His friend laughed.
“No thanks,” I answered coldly. Rainie helped me in sending them disgusted gazes.
“Sure? Your friend can come with us as well,” he continued in a blurred voice.
“Hey! Get away from her!” Someone pulled the drunk guy back and pushed him away from me and Rainie.
“What do you think you’re doing?” the drunk guy’s just-as-drunk friend shouted. The newly arrived guy pushed him towards his friend.
“And stay away from Rainie!” Show shouted at them. I could finally recognize who it was through the flashlights. Rainie bit her lip and stared straight out in the air.
Show turned towards us. He hesitated. I took a fast decision.
“I have something to talk to Hebe about. See you later.” I quickly twined away among the crowd. Rainie and Show had a lot to talk about alone.
And suddenly, I stood face to face with Aaron. All the brilliant revenge-plans we had made seemed childish to me now, and had all gone out of my head.
“Hi Gui Gui,” he tried to say like nothing had happened. I pulled myself together.
“Hi Aaron. Have you seen Hebe?” I asked. I had no idea what else to say.
“Oh yes. Don’t remind me of her.” As he suddenly sounded sincere, I couldn’t help but pity him.
“I... didn’t know you would be here,” he said.
“I was invited by Hebe.” I didn’t know if I should make my voice cold, indifferent, normal or relaxed, so it was probably a mix. Aaron also seemed confused.
“Rainie and I met Show a few minutes ago,” I mentioned. Aaron looked unsecure around before answering.
“Yeah, he came home in the morning.”
If there hadn’t been loud music and a lot of people, there would have been extremely silent.
“Where’s Rainie then?” He tried to smile. I remembered the first time I saw him smile like that. All my thoughts about revenge vanished.
“She chats with Show at the bar, I think. That was where I left them, after he pushed some drunk, annoying guys away from us. We actually saw him a bit earlier, but as both him and Rainie was shocked to see each other, it was best to get away,” I smiled. “Only a fool would say they aren’t in love.” That was the farthest my revenge could get.
“You may be right,” he sighed. My eardrums felt like exploding because of the loud music.
“Shouldn’t we go outside? I can’t hear my own thoughts,” I suggested. He nodded, and we went to the hall, which was also decorated.
I wondered how it had gone with Rainie and Show. I was actually pretty worried. What if...
“Wow, you can even here the music out here!” Aaron interrupted my thoughts.
“If they could only play something proper,” I sighed. I should never have gone out. I had to go back and find Rainie.
“Shouldn’t we go and find Rainie and Show?” I persuaded him. I always got anxious when I thought too long about something.
“We can’t,” he said, and looked up.
“You could at least look at me while talking!” I exclaimed annoyed.
“Mistletoe...” He pointed to somewhere over my head. I looked up. We were standing under mistletoe, and there was no way to escape now.
But did I want to escape?
I stopped looking at the ceiling.
Aaron had come closer.
I wondered if I should find an excuse to get away, but something held me back. Maybe it was his big, beautiful eyes.
What should I do?
There was no one else in the hall.
Of course my legs wouldn’t listen to my twisted mind, and stepped forward. My mind gave up, and I kissed him.
“Wu Ying Jie!”
Hebe stood in the door opening. Aaron and I let go of each other and looked shocked at her. She was alone, but her fury made her seem to fill out much more space of the room.
“What the heck are you doing?!” she shouted, and walked with angry paces towards us.
“And you, Aaron! Who do you think you are?”
“Mistletoe,” was all he could say. Hebe looked annoyed up.
“Mistletoes are for aunt-kisses, not for snogging!” she shrilled. I looked down.
“It wasn’t me who decorated this hall,” Aaron said silently. As Hebe couldn’t find an answer to that, she turned to me.
“Wu Ying Jie! You are just as reckless as... as I hoped,” she suddenly smiled. Oh no. This couldn’t be good.
Maybe she had gotten an extra beer she shouldn’t have had.
Aaron also looked surprised at her. As my mind was a big mess, I tried not to express my feelings – that would have made me run around like a crazy person and tear down all the decorations.
“W-what do you mean?” I managed to stammer.
“That if you keep this standard, you would soon fit in perfectly... with some adjustments.” She grabbed my pixie hat and pulled it off.
“Give it back!” I demanded.
“You won’t need it anyway,” she said.
“Then what if I don’t WANT to fit in? Does that matter?” My voice got louder from every word I said.
“God, calm down!”
Right when she said it, Aaron pulled the hat out of her hand and gave it back to me. She looked surprised at him.
“I have to find Rainie now. Goodbye.” I quickly ran away to the room where the party was held. My way of handling such situations was to escape. Bad habit.
I walked to the bar where I had left Rainie and Show, with the hope that they were still there.
They were.
They didn’t seem... too sober.
But they were laughing. To each other.

***
Thaaaaaaaaaank yoooooooooooooooou aaaaaaaaaaaaaall <3
For the amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing comments :D
I ♥ U all!
Well... Are you NOW happy? Can I NOW get out of jail?! xD
Please let me, it’s cold and dark in here o.o
I finally got to upload this chap xD It’s still the 19th (in DK), so it wasn’t too late :D
Only five days till Christmas! OMG!
...still have to wrap up all the presents for my family xD sh*t xD *must not swear*
See you 2morrow ;D Please comment 8D
- Blitz
P.S. Do I sound raving happy? lol