Monday the 14th December

A Christmas Dream
Rainie didn’t concentrate in class, but I understood why. She of course tried to be happy, as she didn’t want to ruin the mood. But it didn’t really work.
“Rainie, let me tell you something. There has always been heartache and pain, but when it’s over, you breathe again. Now tell me; what is it, that always makes us happy, even when we are on the bottom?” I said earnestly.
“Ice-skating,” she smiled.

Whenever I ice-skated, I forgot everything else. It felt so nice to let go of all the bad thoughts, and just feel the wind on my face. Skate along with the snowflakes around me.
Yes, it had started to snow. Very much, actually. But the more the better.
Rainie also looked much happier. Ice-skating had the same effect on her.
After skating, we sat down at the side of the rink to look at the others who skated. Rainie smiled.
“Do you know what?” she asked.
“What?”
“I will get over him.”
“Good decision,” I said smiling. This was the Rainie I knew.

“Hey, isn’t that Aaron?” Rainie pointed at someone skating at the ice. The snow had become more intense, so it was hard to see.
When he came nearer, I could discern who it was. It wasn’t Aaron. It was Wang Zi.
When I was just about to get up to say hello, I realized that he wasn’t alone.
“Who’s he holding hands with?” Rainie asked. She had also seen it.
“I think it’s the girl we helped from Hebe the other day,” I said with no feeling in my voice. This was too much. Wasn’t there just one trustworthy guy in this world?
I got on my feet and skated over to them. Wang Zi didn’t see me before I was right in front of him.
“G-gui Gui? What are you doing here?” he asked nervously. The girl stopped with a surprised look on her face.
I sent Wang Zi a killer gaze and turned to the girl.
“May I ask who you are?” I asked in a fake friendly tone. Rainie had skated up behind me.
“Hello, I’m Xiao Xun,” she said in an unsecure voice.
“May I then ask why you’re holding hands with my boyfriend?” I asked. She looked baffled at me and then at Wang Zi. Wang Zi looked away.
“Your boyfriend?” she asked me.
“Yes. I won’t blame you if you didn’t know,” I said.
“I definitely didn’t know,” Xiao Xun said, and looked at Wang Zi, who still refused to look at us.
I grabbed his hair and forced him to turn his head my way.
“Maybe you should consider if you mean it before you confess to someone,” I said coldly, loosened my grasp in his hair and skated away. Rainie followed me.
“Oh... my... god...” she said when I stopped skating and hided my face in my gloves. She patted me on the back to comfort me.
“You were really cool back there,” she said. I sniffled.
“Now I know what he had to do Saturday,” I sobbed.
“Do you know what a very wise person once told me? There will always be heartache and pain, but when it’s over, you breathe again,” she said. I nodded.
“How come it sounds nicer when you say it?” I sniffled. We both giggled a bit.
“And that wise person loves to drink hot chocolate whenever she’s sad. Come on, let’s go. Remember that Cow, Penny and Wendy are waiting for you at home,” she said, and I followed her away from the rink.

We sat in my apartment and drank hot chocolate. Our cheeks were red from the cold wind, and our hair wet from the snow flakes, but I felt better. It wasn’t that sad after all. There was also another bonus; Rainie had stopped thinking about Show, as she was now very busy talking about what a jerk Wang Zi was. All I had to do was to nod and agree with a ‘yes’ sometimes.
I realized how nice it was to have pets when you were sad. I held Penny in my arms and petted her, as she was the calmest of them. The purring sound had a calming effect.
Now I knew why Aaron became a whole other person when he was around animals.

***
Does this make you happier? xD
Hope so ^^, please please comment! It means A LOT.
The questions about Show - you'll find out on... *looking through document* Wednesday!
Thanks for all the nice comments ^^,
My Twitter is IHSblitz.
- Blitz