Friday the 18th December

A Christmas Dream
I fed Cow, Penny and Wendy and took my bag. I was early for school, but I liked having good time. I had actually surprised myself by my action the day before, but also felt proud. Just wondering what the others at school would think about it.

I walked out of the front door and closed it behind me. Just when I had done that, I heard someone call my name.
“Hey, you! Ghost, or what they call you.” Hebe, Selina and Ella suddenly stood in front of me. They looked like they had been waiting.
“My friends call me Gui Gui, but it’s Wu Ying Jie for you,” I said coldly.
“Let’s not have that tone on,” she said and smiled – not happily, rather commanding.
Gosh. I didn’t want to ruin my last Friday before Christmas like this.
“Look, I don’t have time, so will you please let me through...”
They held me back when I tried to get out to the road.
“I heard what you did to Wang Zi yesterday,” Hebe stated. I stopped fighting to get free, sighed and stepped back so I stood face to face with Hebe.
“Do you have a problem?” I asked indifferently.
“Of course not, and that’s why I came to find you. Wang Zi is such a bother to us, so we would have done the same if you hadn’t beaten us to it,” she said. Hadn’t she been scorning me the other day? Why this sudden change of tone?
“...so I thought you could join us.”
“What?” was the only thing I could say. Join them?
“Yeah. Join me, Selina and Ella. You would fit in.” She sounded like she ordered me to it. Fit in? I would never want to fit in their group. And I already had Rainie anyway.
“I don’t think so.” But then – didn’t I somehow want to get revenge on Aaron? My stomach told me that I didn’t, but my indignation for Rainie told me something else.
“Or, wait a minute. What will happen to me if I join?” I asked, and tried to sound like I wasn’t interested.
“You get status, respect, whatever you want.”
“And why is it exactly you want me to join?”
She looked abandoning at me.
“Didn’t I already tell? That stunt yesterday was worth a price. You also showed your potential when protecting that girl I-forgot-her-name, in the park, you know. Aaron has told me about you, and he said you were clever. All this together; we need some fresh blood, and you seem to be self-written to the job,” Hebe flung out, and tossed her hair. My brain had stopped working when she mentioned Aaron. He thought I was clever. The only reason I would join Hebe’s gang would be to get revenge on him, but that didn’t seem like me at all, after all. I hesitated.
Then, I thought about how down-hearted Rainie had been since Show left, and that it was Aaron’s fault.
“Can I think it over for some time?” I finally asked.
“As long as you come to our party tomorrow night. A lot of guys – and girls – are coming from our school. Not many from your school, except for my boyfriend and two other guys,” she commanded.
“Can I bring a friend?” I would never dare to attend a party held by Hebe, only by myself. Never. To have Rainie around would feel lots safer.
“Okay. But then you also have to seriously consider this. Remember; it’s your honor to be invited, and not many would dare to say no.” Something in the way she said it convinced me that I didn’t have a choice but to join. Which made me hesitate even more.
I ended up just nodding and looking down at the ground.
“Great. 10 o’clock, the theme is Christmas.” Hebe said it without any happy feeling. Selina and Ella, who looked bored and abandoning, looked up when it seemed that they could finally go to school. Hebe nodded shortly at them, gave me a last glance and then turned around and walked away.
Sigh. More trouble. But it would probably be even more troublesome to explain to Rainie.

Rainie and I sat in the library. I could hear people whisper around us. It had been like that all day.
“Don’t they have anything else to do?” Rainie said irritated, and gave up on making her essay. I knew what she meant.
“Probably not...” I had a hard time concentrating too. Partly because twice as many people had been over to ask us questions.
I thought it was time to tell Rainie about what had happened in the morning.
“Rainie, guess who I met this morning,” I started. She looked asking at me, waiting for me to say it.
“Hebe was waiting outside my house.”

After telling her the story, she looked shocked.
“Why didn’t you just reject immediately?!” she exclaimed. I shrugged my shoulders.
“Maybe it has its benefits.”
“Impossible!”
“I don’t really think I have a choice,” I said in low voice.
“Look, Gui. Haven’t we had enough trouble already?” She looked frustrated.
“How else can I get revenge on Aaron?”
Her expression was replaced by confusedness.
“What? Why would you try to get revenge on Aaron? What has he done?” she asked surprised.
Oops.
I had to tell her the whole story about how Aaron was the reason of her heart-break. Opposite of what I had expected, she looked happy afterwards.
“Do you know what that means?” she asked with a glow in her voice I hadn’t heard for a long time.
“What?” I asked a bit surprised.
“This isn’t Show’s fault! He didn’t mean to leave me. Maybe he still...” She stopped talking, but looked smiling at the window with big, shiny eyes.
I smiled.
“So... you’re not mad at me for not telling you?” I asked.
“Mad? The only important thing is that Show isn’t the complete a-hole I was afraid that he was!” She still talked to the window, like she thought Show could jump in at any moment.
“Not the only important thing,” I corrected her. “The other thing is that it was Aaron’s fault.”
Rainie suddenly got serious, but looked very determined.
“I will go with you to that party and show him what he deserves!” she nearly shouted. People turned their heads (more than they already did) towards us, and definitely didn’t try to hide it.
We used to rest of the afternoon on partly planning how to dress up for the following night, and partly making an obstacle race for the kittens in my apartment.
Penny thought it was boring and went to sleep, Wendy curiously sniffled to every obstacle before she carefully went through or over it, and Cow crazily knocked everything over to get to the food.
It was like the mood had turned. Now Rainie was the optimistic one, while I was the hesitating and modest one. Something inside me told me to keep away from harming Aaron.

***
Friday :D
Vacation soon :D only have to go to school on Monday -.-''
Thanks for all your support :)
Others than me who loved Dave the Babarian when they sent it on Disney Channel? xD I love it xD
Less than a week till Christmas :]
And less than a week to the end of this fanfic :p
Please please please comment :}
- Blitz