Thursday the 17th December

A Christmas Dream
I was still seriously frustrated when I sat with Rainie in the library the next day. I hadn’t told her anything yet, and I still doubted if I should.
But as much as I hated Aaron, I couldn’t forget his smile. His smile when he lifted up the kittens, his smile when he helped me give them medications, his smile whenever Cow did something ridiculous. Which Cow did often. I liked Cow for giving me opportunities to see Aaron’s smile. Even his eyes smiled…
No, I couldn’t think like this. He had just acted like the biggest jerk on the earth, and he had proudly admitted it without regret.
Rainie hadn’t really been the same since the episode with Show. She tried to act natural, of course, but sometimes she sunk into her own thoughts. I felt sorry for her. Of course I had forgotten Wang Zi a long time ago, he hadn’t really meant much. Xiao Xun, Rainie and I went shopping the day before, but I guessed I wasn’t that cheerful a company. After an hour or so, Rainie had asked me to stop frowning and smile, but it had been hard. I still speculated if I should tell her or not about the thing with Aaron, now where I said with her in the library.
“What is it, Gui? Are you sick? You’ve been acting weird since yesterday,” Rainie said worried. I shook my head.
“No, I’m just a bit tired… This essay kills me.” We had just gotten a big English assignment yesterday, and I had to hand in at least five pages on Monday.
“Look at the bright side, there’s only a week till Christmas Eve!” Rainie said happily. But I could still see the sorrow in her eyes.
“Doesn’t Show come home at Saturday?” I asked silently. Rainie sighed and looked down.
“Let’s not talk about him. He’s past,” she said.
“But you seem to still care about him… a lot,” I pointed out.
“Well, yes, there’s no denying it… But let’s have a happy Christmas, shall we?” She smiled, and I returned to my paper. The truth was that I really had no faith in this Christmas. I had started to miss my parents seriously.
Someone poked my shoulder.
“Uhm... Can you help me with this sum?” Wang Zi asked. When I heard his voice, I decided to ignore him. I continued on my essay, and Rainie looked asking at me and then at Wang Zi.
“Rainie, can you pass me the rubber?” I asked. Rainie smiled understanding and handed the rubber over.
“Excuse me, I was asking...” Wang Zi started, but I cut him off.
“Rainie, have you tasted the cake yet?” The homework-café served cake every day.
“No, but I heard it is some kind of pie today.” Rainie was into my plan.
“Excuse me...”
“Then let’s go take some pieces!” I said cheerfully, completely ignored Wang Zi and got on my feet. Rainie followed me to the table where they served the pies. There were three big pies. Wang Zi followed us with an annoyed expression.
“Gui Gui, please stop it, it’s not...”
“And who are you to say that?” I suddenly turned around and stood face to face with him. He got surprised from it.
“Can you please get over it?” he asked irritated.
“Can you please stop bothering me?”
Rainie had taken a piece of pie and ate it like one eats popcorn while watching a movie.
“Look, you’re acting really...”
“Wow, this pie looks so nice!” I said and turned back to the cake-table. Rainie nodded.
“It is, you should taste it,” she said, and smiled sinisterly. I smiled back. Wang Zi stood behind us and tried to say something.
I lifted up one of the pies.
“It smells nice,” I said. I started to soundlessly count down together with Rainie. Wang Zi still stood behind us.
“Can you please not act so...”
I turned around and smacked the pie right into his face. I knew it was mean, but I couldn’t resist. When he took the chance to come back and ask for help like nothing had happened, he had to pay the price.
“Woohoo!” Rainie cheered. I placed the pie on the table again. Wang Zi had gotten cake cream all over his face. I could catch a glimpse of his baffled expression below.
Rainie and I high-fived, took our bags and walked out of the library without any attitude of discreetness or regret. How nice it felt to create gossip for once, instead of be the ones gossiping. People looked shocked at us while we walked out. I could understand them; Rainie and I had never done anything like this before. We had always been the angels.

***
Gui Gui's revenge >:D
Am I losing readers?
Hope not :)
Only seven days till Christmas!!
And it is pretty dangerous to drive a bike here, due to all the snow Ô_ô but it's still pretty ^^,
Better go write now... I need some inspiration/encouragement, guys!
- Blitz