Forgotten

Tragedy
Slowly... You let your hand drop.
 
"Kim Hyun Joong..." You say softly.
 
He glances at you. His eyes weren't filled with love, kindness, and compassion. Instead, they were filled with confusion. He seemed distant, his eyes couldn't recognize you.
 
"Hyun Joong.... Do you not know who I am?" You ask, slowly. 
 
He looked at you closely, and  thought for a moment.
 
Before anything could be said, the doctor walked into the room.
 
"I see you have awoken. That's good." The doctor said with a small smile.
 
" Doctor. May I speak to you?" You ask, concerned.
 
The doctor glances at you briefly then nods.
You both walk out of the room, closing the door behind.
"Is there a problem?" The doctor asks, unaware.
"Doctor... He doesn't remember... Why didn't you tell me he wouldn't remember?" You ask, your voice was shaking.
 
The doctor sighed.
"I guess you would of found out sooner or later... He doesn't remember because he has Amnesia."The doctor informed. 
 
"Amnesia?" You ask as your eyes widen. 
 
"It turns out his head collision had affected him more than we had originally thought." The doctor explained.
 
"If it was that serious, you should of told us before." A familiar voice says, clearly annoyed.
Mr. and Mrs. Kim were suddenly right beside you.
 
"I apologize. I had the intention of informing this to you sooner, but at the same time I didn't want to worry you more." The doctor says sincerely.
 
"What shall we do?" Mrs.Kim asks worried.
 
" His amnesia is only temporary and he shouldn't have forgotten everything...He should be able to recover his memories.. I recommend trying to help him by doing things he would remember. Like revisiting a place, talking about old memories, things like that. Try to trigger his memories. However, I advise you not to force him. He'll soon remember things on his own pace. It just takes time. So please be patient." The doctor suggested.
 
" Of course... Thank-you doctor." Mr.Kim said.
 
The doctor nodded then walked away.
 
Mrs. Kim took a deep breath.
"I'm going to check on my son." She said, firmly, then entered his room.
 
You and Mr. Kim follow behind her.
Kim Hyun Joong glances up as you all enter.
He seemed even more confused.
 
"Sweetie... How are you feeling?" Mrs. Kim asks.
Kim Hyun Joong looks directly at her.
"I've been better." He responds.
 
"Do.. Do you know who we are?" Mrs. Kim asks, slowly.
 
It takes Kim Hyun Joong a moment but he slowly nods.
 
His parents' eyes widen. 
"I was worried  you had forgotten us." His mother says relieved, tears filled her eyes.
 
Kim Hyun Joong then glances at you. He was once again confused. His eyes filled with wonder.
 
"Hyun Joong. Do you not remember who she is?" Mr. Kim asks.
 
Kim Hyun Joong Doesn't respond.
 
" Kim Hyun Joong... Do you honestly not remember -Your Name-?" Mrs. Kim asks.
 
"I'm sorry... I..." Kim Hyun Joong began to say.
 
" It's alright... He doesn't need to remember right away." You interrupt, but your heart ached.
 
"I'm going out for a bit." You say emotionless, then left the room before anyone could stop you.
 
You didn't go far. You only went to the lobby and sat on a small lounge chair. You felt your eyes begin to water.
 
Kim Hyun Joong... That one person whom you've spent so many memorable moments with... Could he have possibly forgotten you?
Tears streamed down your face. And quickly wipe them away. 
"It's going to be ok..." You reminded yourself. All you had to do was remain by his side and help him through this.
Your mind cleared some of your worries as you headed back to the room. 
 
Once you opened the door, you noticed that someone else was in there also. 
She was standing right next to Kim Hyun Joong's bed. A wide smile was on her face and You knew exactly who she was.
 
"Don't worry. You'll soon remember who I am. Like I said. I'm just an old friend of yours." She says kindly to Hyun Joong.
 
"Cho-Hee." You say, surprisingly hostile.
 
She turns and looks right at you.
" Ah! -Your Name-! What a surprise. " Cho-Hee says with a forced smile.
 
Hye Cho-Hee. 
You had never been able to get along with her. One of the reasons why was because... She dated Kim Hyun Joong before you. Even though they broke up for good, you couldn't help but feel like she may still have feelings for him. 
 
Mr. And Mrs. Kim glance at you worried.
 
The atmosphere began to feel tense.
 
" Sorry I came so unexpected. I was working in the office with Mrs. Kim. As soon as she received a call and bolted out I became worried ." Cho-Hee explained.
 
"I see..." You reply, though you weren't pleased.
Cho-Hee worked in the same business as Mrs.Kim so it hadn't surprised you that she found out.
 
Cho-Hee glances at Kim Hyun Joong.
"He doesn't seem to remember me.... But that's normal to expect after an accident like that...." Cho-Hee says softly.
 
" It shouldn't matter whether he remembers me or not though. At least he still remembers you, -Your Name- " Cho-Hee says. You could hear a bit of bitterness in her tone.
 
You don't respond.
 
Kim Hyun Joong looks straight at you. His look was apologetic.  
 
Cho-Hee suddenly comes to a relization of the truth.
"I'm sorry. I forgot what Mrs. kim informed me. I shouldn't have said anything." Cho-Hee says not sorry at all.
She knew. Yet she felt obligated to run it your face. It made you sick.
 She had the need to see you in pain but however you showed no weakness towards her.
 
Mr. Kim clears his throat.
 
"I think Hyun Joong should rest. He shall be released from the hospital soon so he should be healthy and well." Mr. Kim says.
 
" Right. I understand." Cho-Hee says with a smile.
 
Then she faces Kim Hyun Joong.
"Hope you recover soon. Take care." She says kindly feeling the need to leave.
 
As soon as she left, the atmosphere became less tense.
 
You take a deep breath and sigh. 
*****************************
Cho-Hee walked out of the hospital, her cell phone in her hand.
 She then dialed a number.
 
After a short moment, the person whom she called answered.
 
"Hello?" 
 
"Jaejoong. We need to talk. I'll be at your place in a bit." Cho-Hee said, briefly.
 
Without giving him a moment to respond, Cho-Hee hung up.
*******************************