Reason

Tragedy

Morning.

It had been morning when you realized you hadn't  slept a wink.

All the stress and worries had kept you up all through the night and you couldn't do anything about it.

With a groan you get up and dressed, Leggins, a loose  shirt, some tennis shoes, and hair styled up in a bun. You figured a walk around town would help you relax so why not go now?  

Besides, even if you stayed up all night, you weren't even feeling slightly tired.

As soon as you opened your front door, you are stopped in your tracks by hand holding out a familiar phone.

You look up to meet his eyes which had slight dark circles under them. Probably didn't get any sleep either. 

Before you can utter a word, he hands you your phone. 

"You left this at my place." Jaejoong explains. 

"Oh-" you reply, unsure what to say.

He raises an eyebrow.

"T-thank you." You finally let out.

He gives you shrug and flickers his eyes away.

"Jaejoong... Is this how things are going to be between us now? Always Filled with silence?" You ask yourself. 

His eyes return to you. 

"I did something...a favor... You can thank me later" he states.

What? 

He laughs softly.

"Jealously is such a sad and pathetic thing isn't it?"

What does he mean by that? Was he still drunk?

 Jaejoong turns his back to you and takes a few steps away before stopping and glancing behind his shoulder at you.

"You haven't eaten anything yet right?" He asks and you shake your head.

"Let's go eat." Jaejoong pauses and smiles slightly. "I have a bad hangover because of you. This is how you make it up to me."

He said that jokingly... But it hurt you, since you knew it was true.

You smile back at him, relieved that you guys could talk normally again. though you were still curious about what he meant about the favor...

But... That didn't  matter much right now. You were just grateful you two were having a conversation. 

Besides, before you could ask anything, he was already several feet ahead of you. 

"Hey daydreamer. You coming or not?" Jaejoong calls out. 

"Coming~" you respond and quickly catch up to him. 

*****************

Hyun Joong leaned against his car, completely dazed, his mind elsewhere.

But was snapped back to reality by a hand waving only a few inches away from his face.

"Hello hello! You good?" Cho-Hee's asks, concerned.

Hyun Joong's turns his attention to Cho-Hee and forces a tight smile.

"You had a thoughtful expression on your face for quite a while. Something on your mind?" She asks. 

"Just tired." He replies, rather coldly.

Cho-Hee sweeps Hyun Joong's bangs away from his eyes.

"If you're tired, maybe you should stay home and rest." 

Hyun Joong froze at her touch.

He wanted to recoil from the feeling ... Pull away from the unfamiliar touch. 

But no... Not yet. 

He had things he had to make certain of and it was too soon to make assumptions. 

But her touch... It bothered him. And only seem to remind him that she wasn't you.

 Hyun Joong shakes his head slightly,smug smile returning on his lips. 

"I'm fine. Don't worry." 

Cho-Hee squints her eyes at him then shrugs. 

"If you says so." She smiles playfully "you said you wanted to take me somewhere?" 

Hyun Joong nods. "It's a place- that may have to do with my memories. I figured if I had you beside me, I should be able to remember." He states.

Cho-hee's smile grew. The thought of him wanting her beside him made her happy. 

"Let's go then" she says hopping into the car's passenger's seat.

Cho-Hee didn't know why, but she felt so at ease whenever she'll be around him. 

Moments with him made her wonder why they even broke up in the first place.

Though the drive was pretty much quiet, she didn't feel uncomfortable at all. In fact, she was so focused looking out of the window to notice they had arrived the place Hyun Joong wanted to be.

"We're here." Hyun Joong announced, softly.

Cho-Hee glanced at the place in front of them. 

"The park? But what does this place have to do with-" suddenly it came to her... And caused her smile to fade.

Of course the area Hyun Joong would recall had nothing to do with her. 

She should have known better rather  than getting her hopes up and thinking his memories would actually be about her this time.

Hyun Joong observed Cho-Hee from the corner of his eye, clearly noticing her troubled expression and the soft sigh she let out.

"I figured you'd be the one to recall everything." Hyun Joong says casually with a chuckle.

Cho-hee recovers her composure and feigns a smile.

"Of course. We always spent our time here. It was our special place." Cho-Hee comments.

"Lies" The first word that came across Hyun Joong's mind.

Something in his head was telling him not to trust her. His heart was also telling him it wasn't her.

"Ah... So that's what you remember" Hyun Joong's voice was barely a mutter, his hand unconsciously tightening around the steering wheel.

Cho-Hee nods, eyes fixed at the things happening outside of her window.

"It's disappointing." Hyun Joong suddenly says,voice hardening.

"Hmm?" Cho-Hee glances back at Hyun Joong "What is?"

"The lies." His eyes meet hers. "I don't see a reason..." He pauses, his eyes searching for answers in hers "I don't see a reason why you would lie and pretend to be someone you're not."