Unexpected Dinner Guests

Tragedy

 

You had just finished making dinner when you suddenly hear someone at the door.

You open it and find yourself face to face with someone familiar.

" Jaejoong?" You say, a bit surprised.

Jaejoong chuckles at your expression.

"I guess you weren't expecting me to come." Jaejoong notices with a playful grin.

"Yeah." You admit, taken back."I mean you didn't even tell me."

Jaejoong hesitates.

"Someone else came as well." Jaejoong states, unwillingly.

"Who?" You ask,curious.

You then notice someone approach you.

As soon as you see him, Your heart skips a beat.

"Hyun Joong." You say softly.

He smiles a flawless smile, making you heart beat even faster.

"I'm sorry for coming unexpected." Hyun Joong says, a bit troubled.

"I-It's fine." You respond. "I've just finished making dinner. Would you guys like to join me?" You ask.

"I'm starving." Jaejoong teases.

"Is it alright?" Hyun Joong asks, glancing at you apologetically 

"Really, It's fine. I made too much food for myself anyway." You assure with a small smile.

They enter and you served them a full plate each.

Hyun Joong took a bite of his food. The familiar taste that lingered in his mouth turned his expression thoughtful.

"I should here more often. Your cooking is really good." Jaejoong comments with a playful smile.

You smile in return. You were glad he said that because you were beginning to think you had lost your touch.

You and Jaejoong small chatted but Hyun Joong didn't really talk at all. During the while time, he remained thoughtful.

For a second, you could have swore you felt Hyun Joong's eyes glancing at you but you weren't sure if you should meet his gaze so you kept averting them.

You began to pick up everyone's plate and headed towards the kitchen when You suddenly hear light footsteps follow you.

You turn, and find Hyun Joong right behind you.

The remaining plates were in his hands.

"Oh. Thank-you." You say grateful as He places the dishes in the sink.

"I'll help you with the dishes." He says, gently.

Your eyes widen in surprise.

" It's fine. I'll take care of them." You respond.

Hyun Joong ignores your response and rolls up his sleeves.

" It's fine, honestly." You say, blocking his path.

He raises an eyebrow. 

"-Your Name-. You're really stubborn." Hyun Joong mummers under his breath giving you a light  push, moving you aside.

"Fine. Go ahead." You say, finally giving in.

You remembered how Hyun Joong would always help you with the dishes and Your heart grew heavy.

"-Your Name-..." Hyun Joong calls out .

"Yes?"You respond.

"Today, at the cafe, I noticed you were upset... Was something wrong?" Hyun Joong asks, concerned.

You hesitate.

"I-It wasn't anything serious." You state.

He suddenly turns and looks directly into your eyes.

********************

-Kim Hyun Joong's P.O.V-

She's lying.

Somehow, I can easily tell by looking into her eyes. The way they yearned to say something...Something was bothering her... But what is it?

I don't know why, but It frustrates me to see her like this.... To see pain in her eyes.

Makes me wish I could tell what was going on in her mind.

Was that normal? To have a certain interest towards her?

"-Your Name-" I call out again.

I was planning to talk to her more but that bastard Jaejoong had suddenly approached us. His arm stretching out between us to place a dish in the sink.

" Am I interrupting?" He asks, a smug smile on his face.

"No. We're just washing dishes." -Your Name- replies, casually. She used this opportunity to turn  her attention away from me.

I glanced at Jaejoong. His eyes completely fixed on her.

And The way he looked at her.....annoyed me.

********************