The Sooner the Better

Tragedy

 

No one's P.O.V

"So you're planning on telling him?" Jaejoong asks, his eyes observing you carefully.

It was 9:34 a.m. You  had called Jaejoong and both agreed to meet at the local park. As soon as he arrived you told him your final decision.

" I can't take it anymore. My heart can't stand seeing Hyun Joong suffer like this... I've finally decided to tell him the truth."You confirm.

Jaejoong lets out a sudden sigh.

"What is it? Do you think that I shouldn't tell him?" You ask, confused.

"It'll be better if you tell him. If you don't, who knows how long it would take him to remember." Jaejoong states.

He grins jokingly but his eyes decieved him. A hint of pain flicked within them.

You manage to notice his sudden weariness.

"Jaejoong... Is-" You begin to ask, concerned.

"Let's go. You said you are going to tell Hyun Joong the truth, right? We should meet up with him... The sooner the better." Jaejoong cuts in, and swiftly stands up.

He gives you a small grin, but you can't help but feel worried about him... Even though his weary expression was for a second or so, the sorrow and pain in his eyes made you feel uneasy.

Was there something bothering him?

***********************

You called Hyun Joong couple of times yet were only answered by the voicemail machine.

"He seems to be busy..." You mummer softly.

Jaejoong notices your slight disappointment.

"We've been waiting for him to pick up for a while now... Why don't we just show up at his place and talk to him there?" Jaejoong suggests.

"... Alright ." You reply and smile slightly.

******************

You both arrived Hyun Joong's place but Unfortunally, his car was nowhere in sight.

"It seems like he's not here." You state.

"It wouldn't hurt to check." Jaejoong says, casually and knocks on the front door.

Footsteps were heard from the inside. 

After a short while, someone opens the door.

"J-Jaejoong? -Your Name-? What are you guys doing here?" Hyun Joong's mom asks, confused. To be honest, you more even more confused to see her still here, remembering how she needed to attend a business meeting in a few days.

You and Jaejoong bow politely.

"We came to see Hyun Joong. Is he here?" You ask.

"He's been out most of the day... I believe he's with Cho-Hee." Mrs. Kim states.

"Cho-Hee?" 

Mrs. Kim acknowledges your reaction.

".. They've been seeing each other a lot recently." Mrs. Kim continues, a sharp edge to her tone.

Jaejoong's eyes flicker to you. They were filled with concern.

"Ohh. I see..." You respond softly.

Jaejoong turns his attention back to Mrs. Kim.

"Could you please tell him we came?" Jaejoong asks. He was talking formally, yet his tone seemed off. 

"Of course." Mrs.Kim replies, a bit unwilling.

Her eyes kept glancing from you to Jaejoong. A look of suspicion clearly showed on her facial features.

"Thank-you." You say sincerely.

Just before you say something else, Jaejoong speaks up.

"We should get going. We don't want to disturb you anymore." Jaejoong says with a slight smile.

"No. That's not it. You're not disturbing me at all." Mrs. Kim quickly states, a bit taken back.

Jaejoong's smile gets a bit wider. There was something michivious about that look in his eyes.

"I'm relieved. We'll be sure to come back later.... Hopefully Hyun Joong will be here." Jaejoong states.

"Yes that's fine. I'll be sure to tell him you came." Mrs. Kim responds.

****************************

The walk back was rather quiet.

" rather cold, huh?" Jaejoong asks , breaking the silence, his voice a bit annoyed.

it took you a while to realize what he meant.

" She must of been stressed about something..." You respond.

Jaejoong raises an eyebrow.

"Has she always been like this?" Jaejoong asks, astonished.

"What do you mean?" You ask.

"Her personality. She seems rather suspicious of you." Jaejoong says, carefully.

" Mrs. Kim has always been considerate. She may seem harsh but she's very caring..." You respond instantly yet softly.

But...the way she questioned you just then... It felt as if she was interrogating you... As if she didn't trust you.

Jaejoong's eyes narrow slightly, in thought. You hadn't convinced him at all and you knew it.

"Hey." You say, calling his attention.

 Jaejoong focuses his attention back to you.

"hm?" An eyebrow slightly rises.

"Thanks for coming with me." 

"As always I'm the guy who'll try to help." Jaejoong states somewhat bitter. 

You ruffle his hair and smile . 

"Like a true friend." You say and Jaejoong flinches at your words. 

"What's wrong?" You ask, concerned.

He averts your gaze and remains silent for a bit.

"Let's talk some other time. I have somewhere to go." He says, his tone cold.

"Oh... Alright." You reply, confused as he walks away.

**********************************