We need to Talk

Tragedy


Your eyes gaze steadily into his. 

Startled, Kim Hyun Joong instantly drops his hand, and backs away.

His eyes avert yours and you could tell he was uneasy.

"Did you sleep well? Are you feeling better?" You ask, concerned.

He gives you a nod and You smile slightly.

"I'm glad." You say, relieved.

There's a silence.

"Is there a way I can make him feel less uneasy?" You ask yourself.

You suddenly reach out and touch his cheek. It was faintly warm.

"Your fever has gone down. I'm relieved." You state with a smile.

Hyun Joong looks deeply into your eyes, finding himself drawn in.

Suddenly, the door opens.

"Oh! You're both awake. That's good." Your mom says relieved.

Kim Hyun Joong quickly stands up and bows. 

Your mom smiles.

"Hyun Joong how are you feeling?" She asks, concerned.

"I'm better. Thank-you." Hyun Joong replies.

"Good. -Your Name- was really concerned last night. It seems she's more relieved now that you're okay." Your mom stated.

 Hyun Joong's eyes flicker to you.

"I just finished breakfast. Come downstairs when you're ready." Your mom says, then walks out.

"Let's eat." You suggest. 

"Alright..." Hyun Joong responds.

You had just taken a single step out of the doorway when suddenly, a hand grabs your wrist.

It was a small gesture which you should have gotten used to, yet, it still made your heart flutter. 

"I'm sorry for troubling and worrying you." Hyun says, apologetic.

After saying that, he lets go of his grasp and walks ahead of you.

He needed to feel your warmth atleast once more before heading down. Even if it was for a minute, a second... It was enough.

You felt the same way, finding yourself looking down at your wrist. the feeling of his touch still lingering.....

As soon as you get downstairs, you are both swooned by the delicious auroma of breakfast. 

"Ah so you're awake, and I see you are well." Your dad states as soon as he sees you and Hyun Joong.

"Yes. "Hyun Joong replies and bows.

"Come on. Let's eat before the food gets cold." Your dad says with a slight smile.

You take a seat next to Hyun Joong at the table. Your parents sit opposite of you.

Your dad's eyes carefully observe Hyun Joong.

"I've heard that you've been trying to recover your memories... Have you remembered anything so far?" Your dad directs toward Hyun Joong.

Your mom stares questioningly at your father. You also wonder why he suddenly brought up that topic.

 "... I haven't remembered much. Some memories still remain faint in my head,unfortunally." Kim Hyun Joong replies with a polite smile.

"I see...." Your dad says, thoughtfully, then pauses.

"But surely you'll recall your memories soon." Your dad assures.

"Yeh... " Hyun Joong replies.

"It's too bad though. I was hoping that you had recovered by now." You dad states.

"Ah... I'm sorry. I'll work harder on remembering." Hyun Joong says, determined.

"Don't force yourself too much. Your memories will come back to you soon." You interrupt, glaring at your dad from the corner of your eye.

"Now. Now. If he wants to work hard, let him. I can't imagine how it feels to lose your memory. The sooner he remembers, the better." Your dad responds.

"It's better to wait. You need to have patience. I don't want you to feel unwell again. " Your mom cuts in and hits her husband with her elbow as a warning.

"I'll be fine. I actually want to fully recover my memories as soon as possible." Hyun Joong confirms.

"You see?" Your dad states, and your mom hits him again.

"Then I'll help you." You finally say.

Hyun Joong's eyes glance towards you.

Curiosity and emotion burned in them.

You worried about his health and figured it would be best to tell him everything, but you still didn't know when.

*********************

You and Kim Hyun Joong had just finished cleaning up when suddenly,  Kim Hyun Joong's phone began to vibrate continuously. He quickly glances at the screen.

"Hello?" He answers.

"Hyun Joong? It's me , Cho-Hee." You faintly hear.

"Listen, are you busy? I really need to talk to you." Cho-Hee states urgently.

" What's wrong?" Hyun Joong asks, concerned.

"It's better if I speak to you in person. Let's meet at the cafe." Cho-Hee suggests.

"Fine ." Hyun Joong agrees then hangs up.

You awkwardly look away.

"Sorry... I have to head  somewhere." Hyun Joong apologizes.

For some reason, he felt as if he should tell you.

"Don't worry about it. Go ahead." You say with a strained smile.

You felt a pang of jealousy. What did Cho-Hee have to tell him?

Hyun Joong smiles slightly but can tell that you're not very pleased. He wanted to assure you he wouldn't be gone long... But he held in those words.

********************

Kim Hyun Joong arrives the Cafe.

Cho-Hee quickly spots him.

"Hyun Joong!" Cho-Hee calls out.

Before Hyun Joong could react , Cho-Hee's arms wrap tightly around him.

Hyun Joong freezes up in response.

"I've finally decided." Cho-Hee states.

"What do you mean?" Hyun Joong asks, confused.

"I'm finally going to tell you everything." Cho-Hee explains, a wide grin slowly forms on her face.

**************