Forget Him

Tragedy

You take a step back,  completely shocked by Jaejoong's sudden confession.

"Jaejoong. You drank too much." You say, uneasy.

"I'm fine." He groans, running a hand through his hair.

"You're not. You're drunk and talking nonsense." You state, voice turning cold.

Jaejoong steps closer, closing the gap between you.

"-Your Name-.... I meant what I said." Jaejoong states, voice softening.

You eye him carefully as he takes one your hands in his.

"I always hoped that someday...."

"Jaejoong... Please stop" you say,merely a whisper, which , in his state of being, was quickly ignored.

"... You would feel the same." His eyes bore into yours, his voice sincere.

You continue to stare at him, speechless and eyes slightly narrowing. Uneasiness lured inside of you.

" -Your name-... Forget about him. " his face came closer, lips nearly touching yours." You know you don't-" Jaejoong's words are cut off midsentence.

You had unexpectedly slapped him across the face. Silence following the loud echo from the hit.

Your eyes went wide since you too were surprised by your abrupt action.

"Forget it..." Jaejoong sighs.

"I... I... " You were unable to say anything, the words wouldn't come out.

"Just get out." He growls.

You look at him apologetic, hoping he would understand you hadn't meant to hit him, but he averted your gaze. You notice the visible hand mark on his face which had quickly began to redden.

"I'll get some ice f-"

"YAH. " Jaejoong barks, making you flinch at his hostile tone.

He turns towards you, but instead of his normal gaze, you are met by an unfamiliar glare. You could not describe the pain and agony that shown through his dark eyes.

"Jaejoong..."

You didn't have the energy to move. Not after seeing him like this.

He suddenly puts a hand on your shoulder and leads you to the door, giving you a light shove

you outside.

"Go." He pleads, sadness was evident in his tone.

He shuts the door behind you. Your heart left feeling miserable.

***************

Hyun Joong, determined to figure out the truth behind his memories, searched around, desperate to find an answer. What upset him was the fact that he could only recall that one day with you... The day you two had spent at the park. But there was no doubt in his mind that you were the one who was looking for.

He had been looking around his house for the past hour, searching for things that would trigger any memory of you. Surely there had to be something, right? Why would everything just disappear without any trace?

He heads into the guest room. It was the room his parents had stayed at since they arrived the day he came back from the hospital.

Hyun Joong approaches the nightstand beside the bed and attempts to open the top drawer.

It had barely opened before it got stuck.

He lets out a sigh.

"Yah. Why is there so much jammed inside here?" Hyun Joong mummers as he tries again to pull out the drawer.

He manages to pull it out some more and by the third try had opened it completely, causing some pictures to fly out.

Gathering the scattered pictures, he begins to look through the drawer. Placed inside were small gifts, stuffed plush toys, handwritten notes, and and a stack of photo albums. All having some relation to you.

Confusion stuck as Hyun Joong began to wonder why they were all placed in there.

He began flipping through the albums, his heart sank.

Faint memories... Your embrace, kiss, and the special moments you two had cherished were slowly returning.They were faint.. But they were there.

These were things that could have easily triggered his past... But why was he just finding about this now?

He is alerted by the sound of the front door closing. Why were these things hidden from him? 

He heads to the living room, where he finds his parents just arriving. Lightly, he tosses an album on a table, the sound grabbed the attention of both his parents.

"Is that...?" Mrs. Kim wonders. Hyun Joong raises an eyebrow.

"So you knew about this?" He asks.

"I knew... That is I ..." His mother was getting flustered.

"I told you he would find all of that sooner or later." Mr. Kim chimes in with a shrug.

"Why would you hide this from me?" Hyun Joong asks, devastated.

" Bringing eveything up so quickly may of not been so good. We did it for you" Mrs. Kim says defendingly.

Hyun Joong stares at her in disbelief.

" What about -Your Name-? Couldn't you atleast remind me of of her?" Hyun Joong demands.

"She too want everything to come back to you naturally." Mr. Kim states.

Hyun Joong remembers the times he would ask For your identity. Yet you wouldn't fully respond. 

"Hyun Joong. This was the best way.Even the doct-" Mrs. Kim says

"Who ing cares what he said..."Hyun Joong scoffs.

"Kim Hyung Joong." She says, trying to get her son to reason.

All he could think of was all that pain he made you go through. 

"-Your name-... Why didn't you tell me?" He sighs.

It was like you to hide your emotions and pretend everything was okay. But Hyung Joong knew you better than that. He could tell whether or not you would lie about how you felt. No wonder, after the accident,  everytime  he would look at your eyes they would be filled with compete sorrow.

Hyung Joong runs a hand through his hair, frustrated, then grabs his car keys. 

"W-where are you going?" His mother asks.

He ignores her completely and slams the door behind him.

there was one thing he was  focused on doing.

He wanted to see you... No, he NEEDED to see you.

Not having you in his arms at that precise moment was driving him mad. He wanted to pepper your face with kisses and tell you that he'll work hard to fully remember, just for you. To love you even more for all that time since the accident. Though his memories were just faint images in his mind, he wild work hard to make them vivid. He wasn't  able to bear the taught of leaving your side again.

****************