A Confession

Tragedy

You couldn't help but wonder why Jaejoong left so abruptly. Was there something troubling him? Why was there so much pain in his eyes? 

You attempted calling him only to be answered by his voicemail. Maybe something came up... 

"Could something I have said... No. That wasn't the case, was it? " you think to yourself. 

You placed your phone into your back pocket and Decided on heading to the shelter at the park. The one place that could ease your mind.

**************

Why did all of this end up happening? You both were so happy together yet could this sudden situation pull you two apart so easily?

You gazed at the shelter but only to realized you weren't the only one there.

Standing, with his back turned towards you and carefully observing the shelter as well  was Kim Hyun Joong. 

He suddenly tosses a rock against a metal rail and lets out a frustrated sigh. Running a hand through his hair, he turns around, eyes slightly widening as he spots you a few feet away

You approach him, a small smile on your face. 

"Are you alright?" You ask, casually.

"Why are things frustrating?" Hyun Joong complains and throws his head back in defeat.

"I never knew throwing rocks was so complicated." You tease. He glances at you .

"I never knew you were a comedian" Hyun states with a strong hint of sarcasm, but smiles.

"Don't force yourself... Your memories will slowly flow back" You assure.

"Slowly... " Hyun Joong repeats his tone turning serious  "That's the problem. "

You look at him worriedly, your heart aching to tell him the truth.

He glances back at the open shelter. 

"This place was covered with fallen decorations but I guess someone came and cleaned it all up." Hyun Joong states.

You nod, remembering the day you both celebrated your birthday together.

"There was-" Hyun Joong begins to say

"Hanging white ribbons and flowers of various colors." You finish.

Hyung returns his attention back to you, eyes filled with curiosity.

*****************

HYUNG JOONG P.O.V

-Your name-.....

Could she have come here before? Or Maybe...

I continue to look at her questionally. My eyes completely fixed on her.

"There was a banner with the words..." I continue to say.

"Happy Birthday.... I love you." She cuts in again, Her lips forming into a smile.

"-Your Name-..." I call out  and she turns, her eyes meeting mine.

"A perfect surprise. Don't you think?" She asks. As I gaze her, I  notice her eyes Were looking moist and teary.

"How..." I begin to ask.

"This place holds a special memory for me." She states.

Before I can say anything, her phone vibrates. 

She takes it out of her pocket and checks the screen. 

"I should go..." She says, putting her phone away then looks at me and smiles.

How can a smile be so beautiful and mesmerizing?

"With time, You'll remember everything. " She assures, waving once and heads off.

"Urgh.." I grunt and hold onto the side of my head. My head began to throb immensely.

 The pain... Why was it coming back now? I look towards the direction -Your name- left. 

 She knew exactly how this place was... She was hinting something.

I grit my teeth in pain.

She's.... 

**************

NO P.O.V.

You were standing outside Jaejoong's place.

The text he sent stated that he wanted to talk.

Was he doing better? You remember how upset he seemed since last time you talked to him.

You didn't even have to knock before Jaejoong opened the door.

He motioned you to come in. 

His expression... It seemed dull, like he was weighing things on his mind.

"Jaejoong. Are you alright? You left so suddenly and you didn't answer my-" You stop mid sentence.

There were three bottles of soju on the table. Two empty and the other already half way. You glance at him, concerned

"Yah... Jaejoong. " You say softly. He always drank when something was bothering him.

Jaejoong grabs the half empty bottle and chuckles.

"You know what ?" He asks.

He turns his gaze to you and raises an eyebrow.

"You drinking? Put that bottle down. I think you've drunk enough" You state and reach for the bottle. You didn't like it when he drank, he knew that.

He moves the bottle away from your reach and shakes his head.

"It that I'm helping a friend I care for return with her boyfriend and I get nothing in return." He says, hint of pain in his voice.

"Jaejoong..." You didn't know what to say.

"Pretty unfair when the person you've liked turns out loving someone else, huh?" He asks, letting out a bitter laugh.

Why was he suddenly saying all of this?

Jaejoong places down the bottle and approaches you. His eyes looking deeply into yours.

"-Your Name-... The person I'm talking about... The person I've always liked... Is you." 

*****************