Grocery Shopping

The Reality You Wanted

You wake up to find Mattie gone and a sticky note on your forehead.

"I left to practice! Eat and bring me lunch :P"

Guess you're not over your jetlag quite yet. You brush and straighten your hair.You wanted to look a lot more presentable today than yesterday. You pull on some skinny jeans and find a nice shirt. Satisfied, you leave to buy some groceries. Since your mom and Mattie's mom worried so much, they gave you extra money until Mattie started getting paid. 

Before leaving, you tidied up and resolved to finish unpacking before the day was over. You made a list of groceries and locked the door behind you. It was a sunny day, but not too hot, with a breeze. Just the way you like it. Smiling, you stuck your earbuds in and decided to listen to SHINee. 

The grocery store was huge. You saw neverending aisles of home goods and food, and couldn't help but feel a little overwhelmed.

"Lost?" A familiar voice overpowered the music in your ear causing you to remove an earbud and find Taemin standing next to you. "What're you listening to~? Me~?"

"Psh. No!...Maybe...Well, technically and and the other four..." Taemin looked at you for a second then started to laugh. 

"You're weird~ What're you shopping for?" He eyed the list you were starting to crumple in your hand.

"Oh, just normal stuff, I guess? Milk, eggs, rice. Rice cooker. Can't eat out all the time, can I?" You straightened out the list and grabbed a shopping cart.

"Can I come with you? Key-umma takes forever and I get bored!" He pouted and gave you puppy dog eyes. "It's ok since you're in the SM family, right~?"

"I-I don't have a problem with it...but I don't know if I'm any fun, either..." You handed the list to Taemin, which he gladly accepted, and the two of you snuck away from the other members while they were busy looking at something else.

"They'll probably call me soon...or report me as a missing child! It's so hard being the youngest!" Taemin fake panicked and got curious looks from the ahjummas grocery shopping and the workers walking past, but he didn't seem to notice, or at least care. Soon enough, Taemin's phone went off and someone a mile away could hear Key "umma" yelling at Taemin.

"Aigoo. They want me to go back to them. But I like shopping with you~ So I won't~" Taemin grinned and started to walk ahead of you.

"Won't you get in trouble? Taemin?" He just kept walking. "...oppa?"

That felt weird. Isn't that what girls call their boyfriends or something? You mentally freaked out and calmed yourself before he turned to face you.

"Hehe, it's fun hearing that from a friend~"

"We're friends already?" You must've looked shocked; Taemin's face turned sad.

"You don't want to be friends?"

"No, it's not like that! I mean, I'm just surprised? Happy? I'm happy!" You flashed a smile at him and he smiled back before turning around.

"Ok~"

It was a good thing he turned around. Your stomach was suddenly filled with butterflies. You've seen him smile before, but you've never felt this way. Of course, like every other Shawol, you had a bias, which happened to be Taemin, but it's not like you were in love with him. You've never met him, so of course you weren't. Why was now so different? You shook your head and fanned your face, hoping the embarrassment would fade away. 

"YAH! Lee Taemin!" You spotted Key at the end of the aisle and suddenly fear for your life. Well, Taemin's life.

"Mehrong~" Taemin stuck his tongue out at his hyung and smiled, walking towards his original company. "Sorry _____-ah~ Let's shop again later~"

"AISHH this boy." Key shook his head at Taemin then looked at me. "Hello~ I'm Key. _____ right? Of course it is, Taeminnie-goon just said it. Anyways, nice to meet you~ Bye~" 

You bowed and turn to finish your shopping. You look down in your cart and find at least seven bottles of different flavored milks. I didn't put these...Taemin, huh? You smile and continue walking. Milk's good for you, after all.


Well, I think I'll stop here tonight~ I'll update tomorrow~ Because it's 3:42 am and I don't think I should stall sleep for much longer. Reviews are appreciated~