Double Double, Toil and...Trouble?

The Reality You Wanted

Warning: Small amount of cussing in this chapter!


For an idol, Minho was probably one of the most laid back people you've ever met. You almost forgot he was famous, until they came. 

"AHHH! It's MINHO OPPAAAARRR!" You jumped at the sound - and sight - of at least 15 fangirls flocking the front of the SME building. So this is what they have to deal with? No thanks, you thought to yourself. The idea of trying to become a singer yourself always seemed slightly intrigueing, but being constantly watched wasn't really your thing. Being a fan yourself, you knew how crazy people could get, and you did NOT want to be involved in that.

"Hmm. You should probably hide your face." Minho pulled your hood over your head and protectively ushered you in. Even though you covered your face with your coffees, you couldn't help but notice the jealous glares coming from the other girls.

"Oppa~ Is that your...girlfriend?" You had to try really hard not to laugh at that. Guys and girls can be friends, right? 

"No~ My heart belongs to all of you!" Minho smiled at the crowd before the doors shut behind the two of you. You exhaled in relief.

"Geez. Do they do this all the time?" You grinned at him and started to walk towards the elevators. "Coming?"

He smiled again. No wonder girls went crazy over this guy. "Ahh, I'll catch you later. I have to do something first."

You shrugged and left Minho in the lobby. The faint screams of the pack of girls died away as the elevator carried you to the ever familiar third floor. You decided to return Shin's jacket before giving Taemin his coffee.

The practice room was surprisingly empty - except for someone you didn't really want to see.

"Oh, hey, _____! I haven't seen you in a while~" Kwang Sun smiled at you, but his whole demeanor still seemed off to you. He was just a guy. Why did he have this effect on you?

"Ah, Kwang Sun-ssi...I just came to return Shin's jac-"

"Is that coffee for me? You shouldn't have!" Ugh, this guy was beyond rude.

"Actually, I didn't." You set one coffee down before pulling Shin's hoodie out of your bag. "Please tell Shin to give Matt my jacket." 

You bent to pick up the other cup, but Kwang Sun snatched it up before you could. 

"Hmm, it's not very hot anymore. Were you nervous about being alone with me?" Kwang Sun's eyes didn't leave yours. You sighed; you didn't want to deal with his games.

"No. And again, that's for someone else." You reached for the cup, but he grabbed your hand instead and pulled you towards him.

"Taemin isn't here to save you this time, is he?" He smirked at you and tightened his grip. If you tried to break free, he would just hold you even tighter. "How about you do me a favor? It's nothing big, you know. And we don't have to actually...do...anything."

You glared at him and even considered pouring your coffee over his head. It wasn't as hot as it was when it was fresh, but it would still hurt. "Let. Me. Go."

"Now now, if you're going to be so difficult about it, just hear me out first." He put the cup he was holding down and grabbed yours, also putting it down. Then he grabbed your other arm before you could protest. Where was everybody else? "It's quite simple. Just pretend to be my girlfriend. This group just needs publicity, you know? Show biz. You're from California, you should know."

Wow, you didn't know you could actually be this disgusted with a person. There was no way you'd let him use you. "Hell no." 

"I thought you'd say that. But I'm the leader of this group. If I say something, maybe someone wouldn't be allowed here anymore. And his lovely friend would just have to go back home with him. And she'd never see her precious Taemin again, and she'd be the one solely responsible for crushing her 'little brother's' dreams. So, what do you say?"

"You can't do that! He's been working hard since he got here! Even the manager knows how determined he is...you're such a...a...bastard!" You couldn't think of anything else to say. So you just yelled at him in English.

"_____?" You heard someone from outside. Maybe you'd just continue yelling and they'd come in. 

"LET GO OF ME, KWANG SUN!" At the sound of this, the door crashed open. Mattie stared at the scene wide eyed. 

"Hyung! What're you doing?!" He rushed over to you and pulled you free, blocking Kwang Sun from your path. This time, you were really thankful for his height. "Explain yourself, please."

"She's the one who wanted it. Just keep that in mind." With that, Kwang Sun turned to leave, taking the coffee with him then dumping it in a trashcan. You were just so...shocked. The audacity of this guy!

"Mattie...I'm so sorry!" You wanted to explain to him what happened, but you choked on the tears forming in your eyes. Mattie just held you, as if to protect you from everything else. It was his turn to be the older sibling.

When you finally stopped crying, you looked at a now wet Matthew and laughed a little. "Sorry..."

"It's fine; just tell me what happened!" He looked at you with concerned eyes, then started checking you for bruises or anything else that could've happened.

"He...he threatened me. Well, he threatened you.I just...couldn't..." You explained everything. Then you just looked at him. You didn't want to take all his hard work away from him. Then what? Go home as a failure? You were here to make sure he succeeded. You promised. "He can't do that, can he?"

Mattie just ruffled your hair. He slung his arm around your shoulder and pulled you close. "Nah. I'm way cooler than he is, anyways."

You smiled just a little. You were going to have a talk with Mattie's Manager, and soon.


You left a few minutes later and meandered by the SHINee practice room. Now you had nothing to give Taemin. You couldn't walk in there empty handed...that'd be so awkward! Sighing, you decided to just pass by.

"_____-ah~!" You turned to see Taemin beaming at you. "Where's my coffee?! Minho-hyung said you bought me some~"

"Maybe I drank it!" You stuck your tongue out at him, a habit you were slowly forming, and walked towards him. "It....wasn't hot anymore...so I dumped it. You wanted banana milk, anyways. I'll get you some now if you want."

"I'm coming with you! I'm going to put those stalkers in their place about the not-mine milk!" Taemin linked his arm with you and practically dragged you to the elevator. His happiness rubbed off on you and made you feel better. 

"Should I tell you? Ah, but you're in such a good mood! But maybe you could help...ugh." Taemin looked at you, confused. His English wasn't that great.

"What about me? Do you think I'm handsome~? Omo! Are you going to confess?! Ahh, this is so embarrassing!" He continued to ramble and you looked at him in disbelief. Then you just burst out laughing.

"YAH! Lee Taemin!" You covered your mouth as you continued to giggle. But, you stopped suddenly, causing him to look at you oddly again. Then, you told him everything.

"...What?! He can't do that! You can't...go..." He looked really sad, and you fought the urge to hug him. Then, he looked angry. "I'll talk to my manager! He's not allowed to do that! Who made him leader anyways?! He's so...mean!....Are you ok?!"

Taemin grabbed your arms gently and examined them. Then he put your face between his hands and squished your cheeks.

"Hehe, you look like a blowfish! I'm glad you're ok~" Then, he hugged you. You laughed and hugged him back. The elevator doors opened to reveal Minho standing there...with the rest of SHINee. Oh my God. This was embarrassing.

"Y-yah..Taemin..." You pushed him off and bowed at your newfound company.

"Hey guys~ Did we interrupt~?" Jonghyun smiled knowingly at you, while Minho covered his mouth and hid his laugh with a cough. Key stared at you with mixed feelings, and Onew seemed like he was lost in his own little world.

"My son! He's getting so old! Hugging girls?! In ELEVATORS?!" Key pulled Taemin away from you and playfully smacked his head. "You better be good!" 

Key pushed Taemin out and you followed, amused and embarrassed at the same time. "You kids better not get in trouble!"

Jonghyun, Minho, and Onew followed Key into the elevator. Minho winked at you as the elevators closed. Why did he have to know so much?!


They better have milk in stock!