I'm not quite sure anymore.

The Reality You Wanted

 

Mi Hyun looked at you with worried eyes. She looked exhausted from hours of practice, but you knew she wouldn't let you leave without saying anything. You hesitated; how well did you really know the girl? You didn't want it to get out that a member of SHINee had lost most of his memory. Because of you.

"I..."

"Omo, you should tell me later; I have to go to practice! Sorry, _____!" She rushed out and exhaled a sigh of relief. What were you going to do now? 

The day dragged on without any word from, well, anyone. You were worried, but you didn't want to impose. His family must be struggling, and you would only bother them. Suddenly, you heard your phone ring. You got up from your bed - it was where you spent the majority of your day - and reached for the incoming call.

"Hello?"

"_____? This is Minho...have a minute?"

"Oh, hi...yes, I do."

Minho told you about Taemin. Things you already knew, and something you didn't: he was started to remember things. His memories were fuzzy, but he remembered a long haired girl in particular. Minho thought it could be you.

"...Are you sure? It's not like...SNSD or f(x)? Or his mom?"

"I have a hunch. You should go down there. The sooner he remembers things, the better. SM doesn't want this to become a big deal...and since the doctors said he's recovering...well...just hurry, ok?"

"O-of course! I'll go down as soon as I can..."

"Thanks, _____. Sorry if we miss you, but we have to go practice soon. Bye!"

You hung up and grabbed your bag. Tossing your phone inside, you grabbed your keys from a hook on the wall and headed out, not caring that you were probably a mess.


"Hello, I'm here to visit Lee Taemin. He's on the fourth floor."

The nurse smiled at you and checked you in. You headed to the elevators, waiting until one was available. You silently watched others in the waiting room and wondered how they could stand it. Waiting to see if their loved ones were ok, if they were going to make, or if they had no chance at all.

The elevator dinged and you got on, watching the doors close. No one else was in your cab, so you leaned agains the back wall and exhaled. You hugged yourself as if it would comfort you somehow, but the doors opened too soon.

The hallway seemed longer than it was the other night. It was starch white, silent, and bright. You tried to preserve the silence by walking quietly, planning out what you would say to him. 

The door appeared in front of you, but it was ajar. You were about to knock, but you heard voices.

"Oppa~ What do you mean you don't remember me? After all we've been through?" Sulli...? "Come on, oppa...just think!"

"I really don't know; sorry. You could tell me your name...or something..."

You wanted to step in and stop what happened next. You wanted to kick the door down and maybe slap her across the face. What a lying, manipulative, hypocrite.

"Lee Taemin! I'm your girlfriend!"

You didn't know if you could restrain yourself much longer. The nerve of this girl.

"Girlfriend? I don't think I had one...But I think I remember someone....she had long hair. That's all I remember."

"I have long hair, don't I? Seriously, why would I be telling you this if I wasn't~?"

Because you would. You freaking would. That's who you are, Sulli.

"But...she was different. You don't seem like you'd be her."

That's right! Tell her Taemin!

"Aigoo, this is giving me a headache. My boyfriend doesn't believe me! Does this mean...we're breaking up?" She looked sad, and a tear rolled down her cheek. You had to give her props on her acting.

You couldn't take it anymore; this wasn't right. You knocked on the door and pushed it open. Sulli wiped her tear and gave you a menacing glare.

"Oh, hi, Sulli-ssi. I didn't know you were here."


I swear I had more omg. Idk why I didn't save the rest >< I'll try to update once I remember what I wrote! (It got deleted when AF went down :/)