It's Beginning to Look a Lot like Christmas!

The Reality You Wanted

Author's Note: It's December now. Don't judge me. I like Christmas. K, bye (: Also, I really appreciate all the comments and subs! I reply in the comments section, just so you know. I've lost track on my subscribers, so I can't thank everyone personally, but I really do love you guys! As always, comments, crtitiques, and even simple conversations are welcome! (Well, we can converse on my profile haha). 


You started to walk ahead of Taemin. Your cheeks were on fire and you didn't want him to see, obviously. 

"Hey, wait up!" Taemin ran up next to you and re-linked his arm with yours. You neared a door and the two of you awkwardly pushed it open. A gust of wind blew your hair into a swirling mess. Sometimes, you wished you could just chop it all off.

You pulled your hood over your head with your free hand and shivered. "Are you sure you want milk? It's freezing!"

"It's never too cold for banana milk! Or ice cream...or snow cones...or..." His eyes glazed over at the thought of so many sweets. Was he seriously older than you? You cracked a smile and pulled him forward.

"Well, then, we better get going!"

The streets were semi-crowded, particularly with couples. You felt your cheeks redden slightly. The spirit of Christmas was definitely spreading. It was bittersweet for you; this was your first Christmas without your family or American friends. You sighed as you spotted a group of friends laughing together and discussing their holiday plans.

"Hey _____, why are you so quiet~?" Taemin was looking at you with a confused expression and you tried to smile. "Omo! Are you sick of banana milk?!"

"Haha, no! I just....just...miss my family? I haven't been away this long, and it's almost Christmas. It feels...weird, you know?" He smiled a more understanding smile.

"That's what I felt like when I joined SHINee. I was still really young, younger than you, and I didn't like being away from home. My family is everything~" He turned to look forward and started to pull you.  "We're almost there!"

When you reached the store, the warmth of the heater felt amazing. California was never this cold. In fact, you were pretty sure you could still walk around in shorts if you wanted to, back home. You laughed internally at the memory of girls walking around in short shorts and Uggs. They looked ridiculous. Looking around, you noticed the two annoying girls were still at their spot, guarding the wall of milk. 

"Uhh. Maybe we should go to a different store." You unlinked your arm from Taemin's and nodded at the girls, who were conveniently too absorbed into their own conversation to notice you. 

"Nonsense! We're already here. We'll just ask them to move!" You were about to say something when the girls interjected.

"Hey, look who's back! Maybe she's here to stalk Tae- Whoa." One of the girls stared at Taemin in a daze. "Y-you're...you're..."

"Hello~" Taemin bowed and nonchalantly walked over the the irresistable dairy products. You tried to turn away, but the other girl stepped in front of you.

"Wait. Why are you here....with him?!" She looked about ready to attack you, and you groaned. You seriously needed to find a new convenience store to shop at. "I bet you...you...brainwashed him! Or something! ...Stay away from him!"

You stifled a laugh. This chick was ridiculous. "I think I can hang out with whomever I want, thank you very much. He can, too. If he wants to be friends with you, he will." 

You attempted to walk around her and pay for Taemin's milk, but she stepped in your way again. "Where do you think you're going?!"

You wanted to punch her in the face. Slap her, at least. This girl was so...annoying. And rude. Weren't people in Korea supposed to be really polite to their elders? Sighing, you tried to walk around her again.

"Will you move? She's paying for my milk, and I'm thirsty!" Taemin smiled at the girl in front me while her friend, still shocked, remained standing there speechless. 

"But...oppa~ She's not cool enough to be your friend!" She pouted and grabbed onto Taemin's arm. "I'll buy you all the milk in the world!"

This time, you couldn't stop yourself from laughing. Did she really, seriously, truly believe that she could win over her "oppa"'s heart just like that? 

"Yah, Taemin-ah~ Let's go!" You stuck out your tongue at the girl, and Taemin handed you his milk. Five? Seriously? You paid the cashier who seemed to not care about the events that had just occurred. Taemin waved at the girls, one furious and the other just...there. He linked arms with you after opening a bottle of milk and the two of you left. I bet she's going to kill me the next time she sees me.

"They are scary! I'm glad I don't come here anymore~" Taemin chugged his milk in roughly 2 seconds before opening another one. "Sorry being my friend is so complicated~"

Taemin put the bottle near your mouth and you stared at it. This would be your second almost-kiss with Taemin. Ah, whatever. You drank the rest in one gulp, smugly satisfied with yourself. You were feeling quite mischevous. 

"Hey! You finished it!" Taemin frowned at the empty bottle.

"You made me buy you five! FIVE!" You nudged him with your linked arm and continued to walk, quickly changing the subject. "What are you doing for Christmas?"

"Hmm. I think I'm staying at  the dorm. My parents are going on vacation, and my brother might visit me. I don't know~" 

"So, you're not...going home?" You were kind of excited for no reason. He'd probably spend his holidy with the rest of SHINee, or at least want to relax on his own. Why were you expecting him to spend time with you?

"Nope~ Why? You want to spend time with me~? Keke~" It was as if he read your mind. You looked away.

"Pshh! N-no... Well, unless you want to spend time with me!" You felt something cold brush against your cheek and looked up. It was snowing! Then, you felt something warm and light on the same spot. Your cheeks reddened to the brightest shade possible and you looked at Taemin. "W-what was that?!"

He laughed and pointed to the awning of the store next to you. "Mistletoe!" 

You playfully smacked his arm and looked at the falling snow. You felt really peaceful, like nothing else mattered anymore. Although you would be way to embarrassed to admit it to anyone, you were really glad you were linked to Taemin's warm arm and that he...kissed you. Yup, Christmas wouldn't be too bad here.


Woo~! I need to name those two girls haha. Me gusta mistletoe ㅋㅋㅋ~

OMG has anyone seen this?! Taeminnie's such a dork! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0W1hKqXJjfk

But we all love him all the same, ne~?