Merry Christmas, _____!

The Reality You Wanted

So I didn't reply to the comments in the last chapter. Oops. So, here we go (: Also, thanks again for the subs! It really does mean a lot to me ^O^

@kibum0923: I'm trying as hard as I can! Thanks for loving my story this much XD (Also, don't die D:)

@whiteheron: I hope your internet issues go away! I hate internet issues D:

@Winnie123: Happy holidays to you, too! Thanks :DD 

@prince: Lol, no...but she has posters of them XD She has other artists she likes, but since this is a SHINee fic...I'll just mention those ones? XD

@Angel-skies1115: Don't we all wish he would? D|

Alrighty, let's get on with the next chapter! 


"...MOM. What did you do?!" You knew Key could speak English, so it was no use trying to hide, but you were just so...embarrassed! Of course, SHINee wasn't the only band taped to your walls, but they were definitely present. You also tended to find larger posters of them, so of course someone from the outside would assume they were your favorite, which you couldn't argue very well. "I'm not a stalker, I promise!"

You looked to Key and continued to mentally freak out. He had seen them. No one is ever allowed to see your room unless they share mutual interest and aren't members of SHINee!

"I can explain, oh my gosh." 

"It's no big deal~ You're a fan, and fans have posters! It's not like you got all these after meeting us~" He ruffled your hair and continued to cook, even preparing a plate for you. You sat next to your mom, who was trying to look as innocent as possible, and watched as Key set down seven more plates. Were you having a party without knowing it? "Aishh, too much rice on this one..."

Key grumbled to himself some more, taking one of the plates back and scooping half of the rice on it off onto a spare bowl. You looked at your own plate as steam continuously rose and fogged your glasses. Oh the joys of being half-blind.

"Why did you put so many...." Suddenly, Matthew's mom took a seat by yours before Matthew also sat down. Okay, so five other plates? There was Key...and...WHY WERE THEY AT YOUR HOUSE?! Not that you were upset with it. You've had dinner at their house, so it was fair, but now? Of all times? When you just woke up? And Key had apparently seen your embarrassing posters? Did that mean that they saw them, too? Omo.

"Aigooooo..." You put your head down as the rest of this little "party" gathered, rubbing their bellies in anticipation of another one of Key's strangely delicious meals. 

"_____! Get up and eat!" You groaned at your mother, the one at fault for your current state, and half-heartedly greeted the other members.

"Yah, don't worry, only I saw~ Well...it was an accident...Your secret is safe with me!" Key patted your head and sat next to the mothers, and began to discuss various ways to get rid of stains and prepare certain meals. He fit right in.

"Umma! This is delicious!" Jonghyun excitedly started to absorb the food, enticing everyone else to join in as well. He was right; it was pretty freaking delicious.

"Uhh. So...why is everyone, like...in my house? Actually, why are you all even in America?!" They had been ignoring your questions ever since you departed, so you were kind of frustrated. The lack of sleep only made you the more agitated.

"It's a secret! We are dark and mysterious -"

"And y!"

"...Thanks, Onew-hyung."

"Keke~"

You gave Onew a strange look and turned back to Jonghyun, who had cleaned his plate. You crossed your arms and waited for him to actually answer you, but he just helped himself to another serving and changed the subject. 

That night, you went to bed, still not knowing why they were in the oh-so-beautiful U.S. of A., but decided you would find out sooner or later. All you cared about was sleeping for the next day or so.


"_____~ Wake up!" You groaned, pulling the blanket over your head. You know your mom missed you, but she could wait another five minutes... "_____!"

"I'm up, I'm up!" You ran your fingers through your hair, and left your warm, comfortable bed. Your mom hugged you, still overly zealous that you were home for the holidays. You smiled at her and watched as she left your room, returning to the kitchen to prepare you a feast of a breakfast. After brushing your hair with an actual brush, you left, too, only to be lightly punched in the stomach by your brother. You punched him back and stuck your tongue out at him, and the two of you playfully fought all the way to the kitchen. Even though he was older than you, he wasn't much taller than you, which always amused you. Your dad beamed when he saw you, and hugged you tightly. You were his "baby", after all. You spent the morning happily eating with your family; it had been one of the things you missed most since leaving.

"Oh! Before I forget, one of the boys left this for you! What was his name? ...Tae...something...the one you hung out with at the airport!" You hoped you weren't blushing. "Anyways, here you go~"

Your mom handed you an envelope covered in silly drawings of a Christmas tree, reindeer, and Santa Claus. Yup, definitely Taemin.

After thanking your mom and finishing your breakfast, you went back upstairs to clean up. Your luggage sat at the foot of your bed and you wondered why you brought so much clothes since you still had a lot in your closet. 

Upon opening the envelope, you saw that there was a ticket and some sort of pass attached to a lanyard inside, as well as a generic card probably bought from the airport. You read that first, since you always felt like that was the most important part.

"To my wonderful grandmother on her 80th birthday! Cheers to many more years to come!" You broke into laughter and had  to reread the card a few times just to make sure it was real. Taemin was such a dork. He could've at least picked something that had to do with the actual holiday you were going to celebrate soon. 

You put the card down on your desk, mentally noting that you would tape it to your wall later. You looked at the other contents in the envelope: there was a ticket and backstage pass to some fansigning event and mini-concert in LA held by SM Entertainment. Unfortunately, it was the day before Christmas, which was tomorrow, which was a day that you were planning to spend with your family. 

You put the ticket and pass back into the envelope. How were you going to tell them you couldn't go? Stupid extra charges on phones in foreign countries...

"_____, what do you want to do tomorrow? It's Christmas Eve. There's a service at church, so you can hang out with your friends, then there's a dinner at Matthew's house..." 

"Let's go to both! I just want to spend time with you!" You grinned at your mom and put the envelope on your desk. You put your arm around her shoulders, an easy task considering how much shorter she was than you, and walked out with her. It was only the 23rd, so most places would be open. It was time for In'n'Out. "Did the guys from last night say where they were staying? I told them I'd take them to get burgers."

"In'n'Out?"

"Where else?" Your mom laughed and searched for a small piece of paper. She handed it to you, revealing the hotel where SHINee and the rest of the SM artists were staying. You grabbed your bag and keys, as well as the GPS. Man, it felt good to get behind the wheel again. You took the van since it would fit everyone and headed the familiar route to the freeway entrance. You hoped there wouldn't be much traffic, since you were going to LA...


"Hello, I'm _____. I'm wondering if I could call room 810?" The receptionist studied your face for a while.

"Reason being...?"

"Ah, _____-ah!" You turned and found exactly who you were looking for. 

"Taemin! Are you guys busy?"

"Hmm. How'd you get here? I didn't see any subways...unless you took that train thing...or the bus...but no, we're not busy, yet. We have rehearsal in a few hours, though. Speaking of, did you get my present?"

"Good! Let's eat! And yes, I did, thanks! But...I don't think I can make it..."

Before you could explain yourself, Sulli ran up, as perky and bubbly as usual. "Oh, it's...you..." She smiled at you and turned to Taemin. "Oppa~ Hang out with f(x) today~?"

"Oh, but _____-ah just invited me to lunch! Besides, we hang out all the time, so, maybe later~" Sulli pouted and reluctantly left, not forgetting to glare at you once Taemin wasn't looking at her. "So, you can't go tomorrow? Why not?" 

"It's Christmas Eve and I'm going to go to church and dinner and spend time with family...but if it wasn't tomorrow, I would totally go!"

"It's ok~ You can give it to a friend or something! Hyung! Over here!"

Shortly, the other members joined you and wondered where you were headed, but you (pathetically) sought out your revenge by keeping it a secret. You pulled out your keys and lead them to the parking lot, where they were kind of surprised that you could drive, since they pretty much couldn't. You set up your GPS to find the nearest In'n'Out and drove off, listening to SHINee's random conversations. Taemin sat up front with you and messed with the radio, finally setting on a mainstream station. 

When you finally arrived, everyone seemed sort of...amazed. The place was crowded with a whole bunch of Americans (obviously) and they were unsure of what to order, so you ordered for them. Finally, your feast of cheeseburgers, fries, soda, and Animal Sauce was spread out before you. You could feel the saliva building just by the sight of the beautiful, artery-clogging goodness. 

"Mmm~ Dig in!" You grabbed a burger and started to devour it. Everyone else joined in and you spent a fun lunch together. You occassionally had to hide your face from fangirls, but you figured you could pass as a stylist or something, which is what you eventually went with. 

"Oh. My. God." The guys stared sadly at their empty wrappers and considered getting more, but decided it would be a bad idea since they had rehearsal soon. 

"Told you it was good~" You drove them back to the hotel, but they had to leave right away, so you began your long journey back home. Stupid rush hour traffic.


It was almost dinnertime when you finally got home. The lights were on in the house, but only your mom was home. You found her relaxing in front of the TV, waiting for her show to come on, and eating what looked like leftovers from Key. "You're back! Come here for a sec."

You sat on the couch next to her, slightly distracted by a weird commercial, before putting your attention on her. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, hun. You didn't tell me about this." She held up the backstage pass and ticket. "I think you could go tomorrow; just leave early from dinner. Don't make me keep you from your new friends, it makes me feel bad!"

"But...we always stay together on Christmas Eve, then we wait until midnight so we can open presents and stuff..."

"You're too old for that! Just go to this!"

"Fine...but you're coming with me! I'll figure out a way to get you in."

Your mom smiled and hugged you, placing the ticket and pass in your hand. She really was a wonderful mother. 


"OHMYGOSH! _____!!!" One of your close friends tackled you the moment you stepped through the church doors. "Your hair! Your clothes! YOU WERE IN KOREA! AND YOU MET...YOU MET...I CAN'T EVEN SAY IT. TELL ME EVERYTHING."

"Ok, ok! Calm down!" You excitedly filled her in, and the two of you spazzed just like old times. She shared your love of all things Korean, and sometimes more, so it was always fun talking to her. Soon, more of your friends joined and after a round of hugging and screaming, you all settled to catch up. After the sermon was over, you continued to talk, and soon it was time to head to Matthew's. That what you guys do on holidays - eat.

The dinner was fun; you got to speak English and eat delicious food with the people you loved. Your friends laughed because you had apparently developed an accent. 

"Woah, it's seven already! I have to go...see you guys tomorrow!" You hugged everyone again, some people twice, and took your mom with you to the car. Since it was seven, it took you almost four hours to get to the event. Your backstage pass gave you wonderful parking in the parking structure, where you had a reserved spot, but you still had to figure out how to get your mom in. Even though she didn't really listen to kpop, taking her to something random and fun was the least you could do for her. 

"Hello~ Is SHINee here? I have a pass, but I need to get another for my mom..." The security guard looked at you strangely, but made a call on his phone. After a few minutes, Minho came out, sweaty and all made up for performing.

"Wow." Your mom was amazed at how different he was from the dinner at your house, but she wasn't used to guys wearing makeup, so...yeah...

"Minho-oppa! Is it ok if my mom comes? Taemin only gave me one ticket and pass, but this is really important..." 

"It's your mom! Of course it's ok!" Minho bowed to your mom and said "hello", but didn't know much English. Your mom beamed at his polite and mannerful ways. "But, there's only one song left, is that ok?"

"Of course! Thank you so much!" The security guard tipped his hat at you and your mom, and you entered the crowded arena, leaving Minho backstage. You were a dedicated Shawol, and yet you didn't know about this?!

"Are you as crazy as all these other girls? WHAT? 'Have my babies'?!" Your mom sternly looked at the fangirls surrounding you. 

"PSHH. OF COURSE NOT, MOTHER." You lead your mom down the stairs, finding an empty seat with a "reserved" sign taped on it. It matched the number on your ticket, so you shrugged and let your mom sit. It was an aisle seat, so you were find with standing. 

The crowd burst into a loud round of cheering and sobbing as SHINee took the stage one last time. Even though they looked exhausted, they gave all their effort in performing "Hello", and even gave some fanservice to the girls in front. You smiled and leaned against your mom's chair, remembering the first time you watched them live. Taemin seemed to have noticed you and waved, earning an inconspicuous wave back. Girls frantically searched for who he was saying hi to, but gave up once SHINee finished. They said their thank you's and goodbye's, bowing to the audience that probably couldn't understand Korean, and left the stage. Your mom looked at you and shook her head, smiling a familiar, all-knowing smile. 

"I'm tired. Why don't I wait in the car while you actually use that backstage pass?" At the sound of those words, some girls looked at you with either angry jealousy, or the "I wish I was you, le sigh" jealousy. You handed your mom the keys and rushed to the area where you left Minho, hoping you wouldn't get jumped.

The pass was securely placed on the lanyard around your neck, and the guard from before didn't need to question you before opening the door. The hall was full of stylists, managers, and some artists who had finished cleaning up. You awkwardly bowed at everyone, while some recognized you from the SM building and warmly greeted you. Each door was labeled with the artist name, so you had no trouble finding SHINee.

You knocked, just in case they were changing or something, not that you wouldn't mind seeing them half-, and waited for the door to open.

"You came!" Taemin squeezed your face and poked him to make him let go. For some reason, no one else was in the room, so it was slightly awkward. 

"Thank my mom~ Where is everyone?" 

"Hmm? Oh...I don't know~ They always leave me to go drinking or something..." Taemin huffed and put his hand on his hips. "Anyways. You're here! Want to eat or something?"

"I just came back from a dinner party! And my mom's waiting in the car...I just wanted to say thanks, and see if...uhh..."

"If I was busy tomorrow~?"

"...yeah..." You felt your cheeks slightly redden; you hoped he didn't get the wrong idea.

"Nope! But if you drive all the way here from your house...that's far...we should just hang out when we get back to Korea! Do you know where to get banana milk here? I think I have withdrawal..."

"O-okay...let's meet then! And there's a grocery store in Koreatown...but I don't know how to get there..."

"Hehe, I think we like that stuff too much."

Taemin walked you to the parking structure and hugged you goodbye. You headed to the car and drove home, anticipating the next few days. They flew by, and it was finally the 28th. You wouldn't be spending New Year's with your family for once, but you figured you'd just have to get used to it. The farewells from your friends and family made you tear up, but it was time to go.

You took a different flight from the other SM artists, since they left Christmas morning, so the flight was long and boring. Once you arrived at the airport, gathered your things, and went through customs, you got in a taxi and headed straight to your apartment. 

You'd think you'd be used to jetlag and travel by now, but you knocked out once you reached the couch. Hours later, you awoke to darkness. It had turned to night and you were starving.

You searched for Korean money, but only found enough to buy something small. You sighed and made your way out, not really caring on how you looked. You figured Matthew was probably rehearsing or something, so you didn't worry about him. 

The convenience store was nice and empty, so you took your time picking out something to eat. You bought as much as you could and hoped you would remember to exchange more money later.

"_____~" 

"Oh, Taemin!" You smiled and walked up to him, punching his arm. "Why are you out so late?"

"Late? It's only nine! I'm usually up until one or something..." You followed him to the wall of milk and waited him to finish paying. He handed you a bottle of banana milk and gulped his down. You happily ate your food, occasionally offering him a bite. The two of you began walking to SME and it started to snow. 

"Wae." You shivered and hugged yourself for warmth. You forgot it snowed in Korea. Taemin put his arm around you, and you realized that he was pretty strong. 

"You're silly~ When'd you get back?"

"This morning, I think. I don't know what day it is." Taemin laughed at you and pulled you under a storefront's awning. The two of you leaned against the wall and watched the snow fall; it still fascinated you. Out of nowhere, Taemin planted a kiss on your cheek, which warmed you up indefinitely. You were glad it was dark so he wouldn't see how red you were. "...huh?"

"Mistletoe~" Taemin looked up and there it was. Small, yet noticeable. Did he pull you there on purpose? "Merry late Christmas, _____!"


OMG. This is like one of those holiday specials on TV where they make an episode like an hour instead of half an hour and yeah. Anyways. I was gonna put some Sulli/Kwang Sun drama, but it was just too dang long o.o 

I didn't want to separate this into two parts because it's already late since Christmas was over a while ago...sigh. Anyways, I'll make the next chapter dramatic or something lol.

BUT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhNCg9E9UPk&feature=player_embedded

JONGHYUN, WAYLT. 

"Shake that"

LOL.

In the actual video where they're singing, he starts to shuffle, and he is such a dork. I don't even.

I can't with this guy.