Snowed In?!

The Reality You Wanted

@Aries-ah: Thanks! I'm glad you enjoy it's deliciousness XD And I like the way I portray him, too ;D

I think I'll start replying to comments up here haha.


The two of you continued to walk down the street. Snow continued to fall and soon the sidewalk was lined with snow. You shivered as another gust of wind blew into your face. You wished you had a thicker jacket...and a scarf, hat, gloves, another pair of socks...

"____-ah! Let's go inside before you freeze!" Taemin lead you into a warm coffee shop that was surprsingly empty. It was one of those indie shops you had only heard about, the ones that were supposed to taste better than Starbucks and Dunkin' Donuts. The aroma of coffee and freshly baked goods made your stomach grumble. It was lunchtime already?!

Taemin made you sit down at a table by the window and got up to order something. You stared out the window, still in awe of your first real snow. Going up the mountains in the winter didn't compare to the sight of fresh, still falling flakes of ice. You leaned back and looked up to see Taemin with two cups of delicious-looking, and steaming hot goodness. Hot chocolate.

"You didn't have to..." You reached for a cup, but Taemin pulled it towards him. 

"Fine, then I didn't~" You glared at him, but couldn't help but smile. The two of you laughed and he pushed your mug towards you. 

"Thanks~" You smiled at Taemin and looked your cup. The steam by itself started to warm you up, and you smiled blissfully at the thought of keeping all your toes. "Snow is so pretty..."

Taemin watched you stare out the window. His heart started to beat a little faster, but he didn't know why.

Maybe the sugar's getting to me... but, I haven't started drinking it yet... 4 and a half bottles of banana milk would hardly affect me this much... Taemin! Get a hold of yourself!

Your phone vibrated in your pocket. You grabbed it quickly and saw that it was a blocked number. You picked it up anyways.

"Hello?

...

This is she.

...

MOM?!"

You got up and motioned to Taemin that you would be back. He smiled and continued to slowly slip at his drink. While you were on the phone, he started to stare again, but caught himself.

Jeez, Taemin. What's wrong with you? It's not like you've never seen a girl before! And it's _____! She's your friend! Pabo...

Sighing, he looked out the window. The snow stopped falling, but it was pretty high up. He looked around the shop and noticed that the two of you were the only ones there. He couldn't even find the worker, who was behind the counter a moment ago. He looked at the front doors, which were closed, and only saw snow behind the glass. Did the doors open in or out....? 

You returned to your seat to find Taemin staring worriedly at the front. Turning around, you saw why he was like that.

"Are we..."

"...snowed in? I think so."

"Where's the guy who was working?"

"I...don't know..."

Taemin continued to stare at the door. He was in a coffee shop, trapped inside, alone, with a GIRL?! Omo, omo, OMO...umma...

You waved your hand in his face. He didn't even blink. You stared at him curiously, but then got up to look for a back door or... something.

Taemin shook his head and looked around. He couldn't find you and panicked, but then saw you leaning over the counter, asking if anyone was there. He could call someone...but he wanted to spend time with you? No, you needed help. Taemin felt around his pockets for his phone. AISHH. Did I lose it again?! That's the fourth one this week...

You returned to see Taemin frantically searching his pockets for something. "Taemin? Yah, Taemin!"

"W-what?!" He looked at you with a lost expression and gave up on his search. "Do you have a phone? Wait, you just used it. Of course you do! Can I see it?"

You looked at your phone. Unlocking it, a picture of Taemin smiled at you. You never would have thought the real Taemin would ever smile at you... I should change my wallpaper first...

"Uhh...one second..." You quickly went through your pictures and found a random picture of ducks that your dad sent you one day. Ah, much better.

You handed it over to Taemin and he stared at it, perplexed. "How do you call someone on this thing?"

Oh yeah, it was still in English. Laughing slightly, you took it from Taemin, and opened the dial screen. You handed it back to him and he dialed.

"Hyung? It's Taemin! We're stuck at...at...where are we, _____?" He looked at you, and you looked at him. You looked at the front door, hoping that the name would somehow be visible. "Uhh. We're past that one store...yeah, the one we used to go to...It's a coffee shop!...I know there's a lot...what?"

Taemin continued trying to describe where you were, and you decided to just enjoy the moment. Sitting back down, you took a sip of your cocoa. Korean hot chocolate was so....good.... 

Without realizing it, you finished your hot chocolate. You sighed at your now empty cup and slid it away.

"Minho-hyung said he's gonna come looking for us!" Taemin handed you your phone back, and you saw that Minho's number was still in the recent calls. Oh my gosh, this is so cool.... 

You secretly saved it, but saw another number had been added. "Oppa~"? 

"He said it might take a while. Since we don't know where we are..." 

"It's ok. If we get stuck for days, we have plenty of cake!" You stared at the displays and realized you were still hungry. Your stomach grumbled.

"...AHAHAHA are you already starving?!" Taemin pulled out a box and handed it to you. "I was gonna give it to Minho-hyung and Onew-hyung for their birthdays, but this is an emergency!"

"I can't eat their cake! I'll just wait." Taemin shook his head and opened the box. He got up and brought back two forks.

"I'm going to eat it all if you don't!" With that, he took a chunk of what appeared to be chocolate cake and popped it in his mouth. Shrugging, you took some, too. After a few minutes, the cake was devoured, and all that was left was some crumbs and the paper in the box. Looking up, you saw that Taemin had somehow gotten frosting on his nose. You laughed and pointed. Taemin was really confused. He touched his cheeks and mouth, searching for whatever it was you were pointing at, and sighed in frustration. "What D:?" 

You laughed again and grabbed a napkin. You wiped his  nose for him and he stared at you. Oops, is that too far in Korea?

"T-thanks..." he looked away and you could've sworn he was blushing. You smiled and stuffed the napkin in the empy cakebox. It was awkward and quiet for a few minutes, but you felt like the tension was...laughable? You held back your amusement at Taemin's embarrassment. "So. Uhh."

"Hmm~?" 

"What did your mom want?'Mom' means mom, right?" His English was so cute.

"Yup! She just wanted to say hi. And she wanted to make sure I got my plane ticket..." Your mom wanted you home for Christmas and was even willing to pay for your tickets, even though they were kind of expensive. She would just "die" if she didn't have you home. So, you and Mattie were scheduled to leave on the 22nd. "She wants me to go home for Christmas..."

You felt like apologizing to Taemin, but didn't know why. It's not like the two of you made plans or anything... But still, that small pang of guilt hit.

"Oh! That's good! Moms are the best!" Taemin tried his best to hide his sadness, but didn't know why he was upset at you leaving. He faked a bright smile and continued to ask you about America, and your previous life back home. "Isn't there a really famous burger place in California? Like...In and Out? Or something..." 

"Yes! They're the best!" You were definitely getting a Double Double...no, a Four by Four...when you went back. Happy to see that Taemin wasn't so gloomy after talking, you smiled, too. "One day, you have to try it!"

The two of you were interrupted by someone tapping on the glass doors. You turned around and saw a tall shadow behind a now thinner wall of snow. His hands continued to scrape the snow off and finally, sunshine peeked through. You didn't like the thought of having to walk back in only a hoodie, and you kind of wanted to stay just to be with Taemin, but hey, someone came to rescue you. 

"Hyung!" Taemin raced to the door and pushed it open. A gust of cold air entered the room and you sighed. Goodbye, toes. It was nice having you. 

You got up and walked to the door as well. Minho was bundled up nicely and you were jealous. As if reading your thoughts, he unwrapped his scarf and put it on your shoulders. "Yah, Taemin, can't you see she's cold?" 

Miinho playfully smacked Taemin's head. "Let's go! We have practice!" 

You gleefully wrapped the scarf around you, twice, and followed them out. Taemin stared at Minho's scarf around your neck and pouted. Silently, he linked arms with you again, and kept you in a tighter grasp. But not enough to hurt. You laughed inwardly and put your head on his shoulder. Minho was in front of you, as if he knew not to look back. The three of you walked back to SME, chatting away about irrelevant things. You were kind of sad you wouldn't be able to spend Christmas here, but happy you got to see your family again. You hated these conflicting feelings.


I don't know if the coffee shop worker will ever return. Oh well.