Meeting the Band

The Reality You Wanted

You sigh with relief, successfully avoiding the last people on earth you'd want to freak out. Mattie and the man from earlier sitting with three other guys around a table. Confused, you bow and introduce yourself.

"_____-ssi, please sit with us. I'm Dong Min, the manager. This is Kwang Sun, Chung Ho, and Shin. You know Matthew, of course."

The other members smiled. Kwang Sun, 18, was the leader and one of the singers. He was tall, skinny, and had muscular arms. His hair was slightly wavy and was the length of a "skater"'s hair. Chung Ho, 17, was the main rapper. He was a little shorter than Kwang Sun, also skinny, and had straight, "Bieber" hair. Lastly, the maknae Shin was 15, but born a few months after Matthew. He was my height, with big eyes and suffered the unfortunate fate of all rookie maknaes - a bowl cut. All of their hair was black, untouched by the harsh chemicals many older idols kill their hair with. 

"Matthew, being from America and also being quite young brought you along to 'chaperone', yes?" You nodded. "Well, then you must be informed of some rules we have here at SME. We believe in protecting the rights and privacy of all our trainees and idols alike."

He went on, explaining how you couldn't reveal personal information of anyone, including yourself, to the public, whether it be internet or not. You weren't allowed to discuss future activities outside of the SM family and you must pretty much keep everything confidential. It made sense. You didn't want your dongsaeng to have a stalker or anything.

When he was done explaining, you were all free to go. The real rehearsals would start tomorrow, but today Mattie and I were getting a tour of the building. Dong Min led you through main hallways that Mattie should get familiar with and took us to a cafeteria where you happily scarfed down lunch. He also took you to the recording studio and introduced you to the tech people, as well as some songwriters and composers. The tour lasted a few hours, then you were left to either explore some more or go home. 

"We should celebrate, Mattie!" I stretched then slung my arm over his shoulder. "Wanna get barbeque? I want barbeque."

After spending a whole day speaking in Korean, English felt weird coming out of your mouth. Mattie agreed to barbeque and you set out to find a good place to eat. However, before leaving the building, you ran into Mi Hyun/Sana again.

"Hey guys! How was your first day?" She looked tired, like she worked out all day. 

"Hey Mi - I mean Sana. We didn't know you were here!" You look at her confused.

"Hehe, my life is full of secrets! Anyways, shall we eat?"

The three of you head to one of Mi Hyun's favorite bbq restaurants and have a nice meal together. You learn that she's been a trainee since she was 13 and she's preparing to debut as a solo artist soon. Her family lives in the countryside, but she's always dreamed of becoming a singer. Full and happy to have gotten to know each other a little better, you guys head back to the apartment building.

"Oh, wait, I left something back in your practice room!" You bow and rush back to SME. Thankfully you were given a passcode to enter the building through a side entrance and you head up to the third floor. Walking to the room you were in earlier, you hear music coming from the one next to it.

"Can we order some chicken? We've been practicing all day!"

"You don't need an excuse to order chicken, hyung!"

"I'll call Mexicana  right away; what do you want to order?"

"Yah, wipe your face; it's all sweaty! You'll break out!"

"Hyung, can we get more banana milk?"

You stop. The famous practice room, decorated with clouds, that you saw on YouTube while trying to learn some choreography was right next to Mattie's?! You giggle quietly with excitement. No _____! You can't let them see you fangirl! 

Suddenly, the door opens and you see a very hungry Onew. Behind him, Minho's ordering chicken, Taemin's still dancing, Jonghyun is doing pushups, and Key is fussing over their sweaty faces. Onew stares at your for a few seconds.

"Is the chicken here already? That was fast! Minho's not even done ordering yet!"

You can't help but laugh a little at his dorkiness and bow. "I'm _____, not the chicken delivery person! Sorry to disrupt; I left my jacket in the other room...." 

"Oh...that's too bad. Chicken is very good!" Onew smiles at you and you bow, turning to go into the other room.

"_____! You're the girl from earlier, right?" Taemin happily greets you and follows you to the other room. Flustered, you merely nod.

"Sorry my fans are so mean! I didn't tell them to protect my milk...well, it's not even mine unless I buy it, but you know what I mean?" He looks at you with apologetic eyes. Ugh, he's so cute.

"Oh, it's not your fault! They were planning to use the milk to steal your heart or something." You laugh and pick your jacket up off the floor.

"Hey, how old are you?"

"...huh?...18?"

"Oh! I'm 19! I'm your oppa!" he grins and does that linked hand wave thing he likes to do above his head. You laugh and nod. He's so innocent.

"Uhh...well, I have to go home...nice seeing you again! Don't over exert yourself practicing!" You bow and leave Taemin at his room while the others are inside waiting for the chicken. Well, mainly Onew's waiting while the others chat amongst themselves. You head home happily and have a very restful sleep.


Well. We've met the rest of SHINee! And Mattie's group, hehe~