I liked...you

The Reality You Wanted

My dearest subbies! How long has it been? |D;; Anyways, time to add another chapter! I wanted to reply to comments, but idk which ones are recent, and AF deleted some, and idk D: Sorry >< But, I love you all! Thanks for everything ^^


"I was just leaving." She gave you a cold look before shutting the door behind her.You shrugged and headed to Taemin's side. Bags had formed on the bags under his eyes which seemed to have lost their usual bright and happy spark. As you sat down, Taemin turned to look at you, smiling weakly. He sighed, lifting his hands to rub his eyes.

"I don't know who to believe, _____...everyone says they're telling the truth, but sometimes I get two whole different stories! And that girl...the one who just left; is she lying? What do I do?" You leaned forward, still trying to figure out how to react to Sulli's claims yourself. You really didn't know what was going on between them, and you thought they were just co-workers; friends. But still; you hadn't been part of their lives for so long. There were years of them knowing each other while you sat at home in California, wondering if you'd ever be able to even breathe the same air as them. Who were you to accuse Sulli of lying when you didn't even know yourself?

"Taemin. I'm sorry; I really don't know..."

"But you're my friend! You should be someone I tell everything to! Why is this so...hard?!" You felt the anger and frustration from his voice, yet he failed to cover up the hurt he felt. You would probably be the same if you were in his place.

"You never told me about that part of your life...to be honest, I don't think I ever wanted to know...I liked just being able to hang out with you, your hyungs, and everyone else without worrying about whether I should be jealous of some girl! I liked..."

"This feels wrong. Are we fighting? It feels like we shouldn't be...I'm sorry." Tears welled up in his eyes, but he didn't let any fall. He blinked them away then sat up, facing you. "I feel like...you, my parents, and my hyungs are the only ones I can trust...but for some reason, I only want to believe what you tell me."

"Taemin..." You didn't notice the tear that had slipped down your cheek before Taemin wiped it away. He pulled you into a hug, and the two of you held each other for what felt like forever. Somehow, you had let your guard down, and you found yourself sobbing into his chest. "Come back, please! I'm...I'm begging you! I want you back!"

A long moment of silence, minus your sobs, lingered in the air, then Taemin let out an exasperating sigh. "I want to be back, too."

He pushed you forward, grasping your shoulders and holding you in front of him. You wiped your face with your sleeves, trying to smile. You wanted to give him something; it wasn't going to be his memories, but still. You wanted to give him hope.

"Ok. Let's start with this: what have people been telling you about yourself so far?"

"Uhh...well, that one girl said she's my girlfriend. Other than that, it's just been stuff like my favorite food, color, and other things I supposedly like..."

"Minho says you've been remembering someone with long hair? Who do you think it is?"

"To be honest?"

"No point in lying."

"You."


"Aigoo, what are we going to do?! Our baby doesn't even know who we are!" Key paced in the living room as the others sat either on the couch or floor. Minho rubbed his temples while Jonghyun tried to comfort Key and Onew stared into space. It had been nearly a week since the accident, yet there were barely any signs of Taemin getting his memory back. They knew they were being impatient, yet they wanted their cheerful maknae back. 

"Kibummie, you should just sit down..."

"Minho! This isn't the time for us to just sit around and wait! We need to do something! Anything..."

"Pacing isn't going to help either..." Onew pulled his knees up and hugged his legs, still lost somewhere in his own little world. Frustrated, Key sat on the couch and leaned back, his hands covering his eyes. 

"I think _____-ah is visiting today; maybe she can get him to remember something..." Minho absentmindedly put his arm around his leader and looked to the other two for comfort.

"Should we go, too? Maybe if he sees all of us..." Jonghyun shook his head and stared at the floor as if it would give him some ideas. "No, that won't help."

"I'm going." Onew nudged Minho's arm off his shoulder and stood up, slipping his feet into shoes and his head into a hoodie. He left without another word, gently closing the door behind him and headed towards the bus stop. Pulling his hood over his head, he stepped on, hanging onto a pole as the bus lurched forward. 


EDIT: Onew is no longer at the hospital! |D I...don't know where I was going with that...I don't plan out this story very well lololol. Anyways, I know where this little busride will lead, so no worries (: New chapter soon, loves~ <3