Mushrooms and Dinosaurs?

The Reality You Wanted

Hello~! I'm in a oneshot-making mood, so I was wondering if anyone would be interested? I don't think I could write for just any idol since I don't listen/follow everybody, so I wouldn't know their personalities and such, but for the people that I do follow, I think I would be able to write something decent? Anyways, just comment below or on my profile if you're interested! Sorry for wasting time XD Read on, loves~


"Omo! You're here!" Taemin's face instantly brightened with his smile, and Minho merely smirked before greeting you and leaving to what you assumed to be the bathroom. You desperately needed to pinch this kid's cheeks. If only~

You waved to him and he sat between you and Jonghyun (even though the other side of you clearly had more space). Jonghyun made a face behind Taemin and you laughed, only to confuse Taemin. Jonghyun laughed with you, pretending to be innocent when Taemin turned around to see what was so funny. Onew came and sat cross legged on the floor in front of the couch, somehow with a newly replenished drumstick.

"Yah! We have a dining table for a reason!" Key motioned at the set table near the kitchen, bowls of food already placed and steaming. Minho came out dressed more casually and sat on the floor next to the leader. Key placed his hands on his hips and scowled, waiting for the lot of you to get up. 

You awkwardly looked between the group you were seated with and Key, who was fuming. You fidgeted, then finally got up, feeling bad for Key. 

"These guys like giving you a hard time!" You spoke to him in English to tease the others, and Key merely laughed at the chance to annoy s.

"Yes! I don't get any thanks for all I do! If I was really their mom...I'd..."

"Aishh, you should spit in their food, or make it taste really gross~!"

"Ahh, who says I haven't~?"

Both you and Key continued to laugh. Onew, who knew some English, stayed silent and smiled, clearly enjoying his chicken too much to interfere. The others just stared, eventually getting up as well. They sat at the small table, filling each seat, leaving you and Key standing.

"Maybe we should eat on the couch now. It's comfier anyways~" You whispered to Key, the amusement in his eyes increasing. 

"No! We're eating as a family! I'll get more chairs." Key left and you followed, not wanting to be a burden. The apartment was surprisingly large, compared to yours, and you were shocked to see how much more clear it became that men were the ones inhabiting the place. You thought you even saw a pair of boxers in a corner somewhere, but you were too embarrassed to say anything. When you finally reached where the extra chairs were, you were surprised to see a room filled with stuffed animals, random toys, and pictures of SHINee with fans. 

"This is where we keep all our gifts! They're cute, huh?" Key dug a chair out from a pile of stuffed mushrooms and another from underneath a collection of dinosaur-themed toys. "But, sometimes I don't get fans. Mushrooms?"

You laughed and followed Key back out, realizing that you were still clutching onto Minho's scarf. You felt your phone vibrate in your pocket, but didn't feel like answering. It was probably just Matthew asking for food, but he needed to learn to get it himself, anyways. 

You reached the kitchen/dining room and put the chair down next to Onew, who was next to Taemin. You never really got to talk to the chicken-obsessed tofu leader, so you figured you'd take this chance. 

"Ah, Minho...uhh...ssi? Here's your scarf back. Thanks again!" Since you spent most of your time with Mattie, Mi Hyun, and Taemin (who probably still preferred you call him 'oppa', even though you didn't), you weren't comfortable with all the titles that people had in Korea. You handed Minho his scarf back and began to take in the sight of the delicious food.

"Oh, thank you. Minho is fine by itself~" He began to eat, and you wondered if you should, too.

"Key~! I thought I said I wanted chicken tonight!" Onew pouted at his plate of rice and barbequed beef, then reached over for some kimchi. 

"You always want chicken! You already had some, anyways!" Key muttered something to himself and started to eat, too.

Taking this as your cue, Jongyun, Taemin, and you began to eat as well. It was the best beef you've ever had. 

"OMO. THIS IS SO GOOD." You continued to shovel food into your mouth before realizing that you probably didn't look very ladylike. "Ahem. I mean, thank you Key-umma!"

Onew stared at you and started laughing. The others quickly joined in, and you did, too. The rest of the night was rather pleasing; you got to hang out with your favorite band, and get to know them like real people. You still didn't consider Onew to be the oldest one, however. He was just too...Onew.

It was getting late, and you needed to get home before it became morning. Surprisingly, there was leftover food, so Key packed a box for you. Taemin decided to walk you home, as it was almost routine for the two of you.

"Key-umma cooks so well!" You rubbed your belly in satisfaction and smiled at the memory. 

"Keke, you're going to be all bloated in the morning!" Taemin squished your face between his hands and laughed at your impression of a puffer fish. 

"I don't care! Meat is good~!" Ever since coming to Korea, you had to watch how you ate in public. The older ladies as well as those around your age never seemed to eat, so you felt especially pig-like when you wanted to stuff your face. It was just an American habit that was hard to kill.

"Isn't it?! Steak is the best!" You and Taemin continued to discuss the various ways of preparing such delicious-ness, and arrived at your apartment sooner than you wanted. 

"You really need to eat there if you go to California! That's pretty much the only place you can, anyways! It's like...famous!" 

"But California's in America!" Taemin pouted and shook his head. "I don't think we're going there soon...can't you just bring me one back?"

"Eww! It'd be like...old and gross!" You scrunched your nose at the thought of a thirteen-hour old burger. Gross.

"When are you leaving again?" Taemin seemed hesitant to ask, like he wasn't sure how to bring it up. "Today's the 10th...so 12 days? Omo!"

"I'm only leaving for a week!" Taemin was unsatisfied with your answer. A week?! What am I supposed to do if I have no one to play with?!

You laughed at his pouting face, poking his forehead. "I promise it won't be that long!"

You thanked him for walking you home and went inside. You reached your door and pushed it open, looking at the pile of clean laundry that needed to be folded still. Matthew was asleep on the couch with the remote resting on his stomach. You carefully took it off and replaced it with a blanket and ruffling of the hair. You were about to turn the TV off when you noticed that it was a past episode of Star King with f(x) and SHINee. Sulli was sitting happily next to Taemin, yet the two looked kind of awkward. Maybe you were just seeing things.


Hmm, I wonder how you guys will survive a week without each other! Again, all comments and subs are loved!

1736.gif