Banana Milk pt. 2

The Reality You Wanted

After posting a ridiculously long post on the blogging site you frequently visit, you chugged a bottle of banana milk. Your first day in Korea and you already ran into one of your favorite idols. Was it a common occurrence in Korea? It surely isn't back in Cali.

You looked at the clock. Was it that late already? Matthew was snoring on the couch in the living room, and all the bags were still unpacked beside him. You smiled at him - this kid's grown up! You quietly began to roll your stuff into the bigger of the two rooms (you snooze, you lose, Mattie!) and dig through a suitcase for your toiletries. Tomorrow was gonna be a long day.


The sun shone through your window and you wiped your eyes tiredly. You glanced at your phone's clock and jumped out of bed. You're going to be late!

You run out of the room to see Matthew fully dressed and rubbing his stomach. "About time! Let's go!"

"Why didn't you wake me up?!" you run back into your room, change into jeans, decide not to change out of your sleeping shirt (it was just a t-shirt you got from participating in a school event back home, so you didn't care), and pull the first socks you see on. It's not like your socks ever matched anyways. Not even bothering to put your shoes on all the way, the two of you rush out the door to the van waiting outside. You apologize to the driver and fix your shoes. Looking at the rearview mirror, your realize your hair is a complete mess and tie it into a bun on the the top of your head. Now, if only your stomachs would stop growling.

You reach a side entrance to the SM building and are surprised to see Mi Hyun about to enter as well.

"Mi Hyun-ah? What're you doing here?" she glances at you and puts a finger over , indicating for the two of you to come inside.

"Please don't say my name out loud! It'll be bad if people hear...I go by Sana; it's my stage name." she smiled at you, bowed, and walked to the elevators. 

Slightly flabbergasted that you had met TWO celebrities in one day, well, one almost-celebrity and a celebrity, you let your mouth drop a little. Matthew stared at you with a weird expression, but was taken away by a man who introduced himself as his manager. Mattie was already selected to be in a group?

You waved at him and looked around for something to do. You sighed and walked to a map of the building. You saw a floor labeled with different practice rooms and picture the cloud covered walls you've seen in practice videos. You still couldn't believe you were here.

"Ah, banana milk girl!" you look over to your left and Minho is standing there smiling at you. Only, he's not alone. You swallow a scream and bow, feeling your cheeks flush at the mention of the awkward moment that happened less than 24 hours ago.

"Hyung, who's that?" You look at Taemin, who's looking at you curiously, and you swallow yet another scream. 

"H-hello...I'm _____..." you bow again and turn around, smacking your forehead.

"Two of your fans were trying to stop her from buying milk, " Minho laughed. His laid-back attitude helped you relax, but how relaxed can you be when two members of one of your favorite bands were standing right in front of you, talking to you? You turned back to face them, smiling this time.

"I'm really sorry for yesterday! They were...frustrating, and I haven't slept for almost a whole day, and I'm still jetlagged and..." you stopped rambling and felt your cheeks flush again. "Ah, sorry again!"

"You don't need to apologize so much; I understand." Minho smiled (again haha) and patted your shoulder before walking to the elevator. "See you around, _____!"

"Nice to meet you!" Taemin grinned at you and followed his hyung to the elevator. You bit your lip to stop yourself from screaming and felt your mouth stretch from ear to ear. Wahh~ You couldn't believe your luck! 

You felt your phone vibrate and pick it up to hear Matthew's voice. "Come to my practice room! Manager-hyung needs to talk with you! But you're not in trouble, don't worry! It'll say my group's name on the door! Third floor!"

You hang up, slightly worried. The elevator doors open and you step inside, pressing the "3" on the wall. Looking at your reflection on the reflective walls, you imagine how messy you must have looked to Minho and Taemin. Sigh.

The door opens and you begin walking down the hall, searching for the door leading to Mattie's room. You recognize two figures standing outside a door nearby and cover your face; hopefully you don't look like a stalker to them! You walk quickly past them and find the door you're looking for, ducking inside before they have a chance to see you.


I like how they don't wonder why you're in the SM building :P

And anyone have a good name for Mattie's group? (: