...Or Not

The Reality You Wanted

Yes, I am kind of updating like crazy. I REGRET NOTHING!

Uhh, I kinda just made most of this up, and the performance of "Hello" I describe wasn't from a Gayo Daejun, but it fit haha. Anyways. You'll see~


You stared at Sulli, unsure of what to say. You were there because your best friend was in a group and he invited you to come along. You were there because you owed Taemin, and he somehow thought this was an appropriate way to pay him back. You were there because you were.

"Uhh...well..." Before you could explain yourself, even though you felt like you didn't need to, Sulli continued to talk.

"And why are you so friendly with SHINee? And those new guys? You're a girl, so people might get ideas, you know." The nerve of this girl.

"Actually, I - "

"Especially Taemin! So what if you have the same pants?! I bet you did that on purpose, right? Are you one of those stalker fans? Us idols don't appreciate stalkers, and it is in no way a means to get him to like you. Do you even realize who you're competing with?"

Your mouth tightened into a line. Whenever you watched shows with Sulli, she seemed to be a really nice and sweet girl; why did she have to be so different now? "Hey, can you stop? I have no idea what you're talking about! I'm here because my - "

"Don't make excuses! Just stop trying to be with him and we'll be good!" She turned and walked into the waiting room, plastering a fake and innocent smile on her face. You felt sort of...disgusted. Agitated. 

"Aishh." You stuck the last Pepero stick in your mouth, not really in the mood for it anymore, and just held it with your teeth. You walked inside, tossing the box into a trashcan, and sat in a chair in the corner. The SHINee guys were all seated in front of mirrors getting made up for their real performances, but you were hidden from their view. You angrily devoured the rest of the stick and decided you'd just watch from then on. You got up at the same time as Shin and decided to wait until he left, because you know, you're a girl and all. You didn't want people to "get ideas".

You calmed down after sitting in the same seat as before, hiding your face from the other fans that were starting to pile in. You took your hair down, letting it fall past your shoulders in loose waves, and pulled the hood over your head. You slouched and folded your arms over your chest, focusing on the show that was about to begin. Kwang Sun walked out and introduced himself, also carrying a fake smile. He didn't know you were sitting up front, fortunately, and never looked your way. After introducing the first performance, he walked back, greeting everyone with a friendly demeanor. He kind of disgusted you, too.

After a few performances and random conversations between the MC's, you finally got to watch Mattie perform live. You'd seen him on TV and in the practice room, and he'd sometimes practice at home, but you never got the chance to watch him decked out in his stage outfit, hair, and makeup. Shin looked a lot manlier on stage, which surprised you since he was pretty adorable offstage. After they were finished, your mood had lightened up to almost normalcy, and you cheered for your friend in your head. They already had a decent sized fanbase, so they got the cheering they deserved.

Next, SHINee came on to do a special performance of "Lucifer" and "Hello". Their transition from manly to cute took a few moments of changing and extra hair/makeup fixing, but it was otherwise pretty quick. As they got onstage, Jonghyun seemed to notice your legs sticking out, obvious since you were the only one with your pants. He waved and gave you a quick v-sign, recieving a roar of screams from the Shawols seated not to far behind you. He laughed and pointed to his pants, which probably confused the other fans, and you smiled, giving him a thumbs up. Taemin noticed Jonghyun noticing you and quickly gave you a large heart with his two arms connecting at the top of his head. The girls screamed again, and you covered your mouth in laughter. As if taking cue from the previous two members, the rest of SHINee gave you and the Shawols quick fanservice before positioning themselves onstage. You continued to giggle with your mouth covered and snuck a glance at the fangirls going crazy behind you. If only they knew...well, they'd probably kill you.

They sat down and smiled at the crowd before the music started. A red British-esque phonebooth was on the left of the stage, and someone was waiting inside. The music started and the mystery girl walked out, flipping her hair over her shoulder and quickly walking past them, earning stares of awe. Looking pleased with herself, Sulli smugly walked back into the backstage area. She somehow noticed you sitting in the front and smirked, but you were unfazed. You looked away and continued to watch the rest of the performance, which ran quite smoothly. After it ended, they stood up and bowed, waving back to the audience. Sulli returned with the rest of f(x), smiling and laughing with SHINee as they walked back. You couldn't help but feel a little hurt that Sulli was trying this hard. You sighed and watched f(x), focusing on everyone but Sulli. Amber was so cool, you realized, and you wanted to say hi later. 

The rest of the night went by pretty quickly. After the last performance wrapped up, Kwang Sun returned to the stage, saying goodbye and wishing everyone a Merry Christmas. You went backstage while he talked, cautiously approaching the waiting room. Matthew, Chung Ho, and Shin were dressed in their normal clothes and only their hair and makeup were changed. SHINee was preparing to leave, but you didn't feel like talking to Taemin or any of them after what had happened earlier. Who was she to think she could just...end your friendship? Questions were swimming in your head, putting you in an anti-social mood. You waved bye to SHINee, who seemed to expect you to come and talk more, and left with Matthew. He looked at you questioningly, but didn't say anything as if not to upset you in your already foul mood. You walked silently next to him, tightening your scarf and pulling it up to cover your mouth. You reached the van and went straight to the back, recieving strange glances from Chung Ho and Shin. Shortly after, Kwang Sun came, sitting in the seat in front of you again. The manager came, sensing the awkward tension, and tried to ease the atmosphere by offering to celebrate and buy dinner for everyone. You really didn't feel like going, but didn't want to stop them from going, so you offered to take a taxi home. You awkwardly stepped around Kwang Sun, who rolled his eyes at you, and bowed to everyone, trying to look as happy as possible. They drove away and you pulled out your phone to call a taxi, only to see that you had a few unread messages.

Two were from Matthew telling you to feel better and that he'd see you at home later, and the last one was from Minho.

"Are you ok? You looked...angry earlier. -Minho"

You sighed; were you really that bad at hiding your feelings? You quickly answered with an "I'm fine, thanks~" and dialed for a taxi. You leaned against the wall, waiting for a car to pull up, and you heard people approaching.

"Yah, oppa~ Why are you so mean~?" You heard Sulli overexaggerating her aegyo to someone, but resisted the urge to look. You closed your eyes, stuffing your hands into the jacket pocket,  hoping she and whoever she was with would pass by without seeing you. Jeez, you were having a bad end to a perfectly good day.

"_____-ah!" You opened one eye and saw Taemin approaching you. You mustered up a small smile and waved. Sulli looked at you with annoyance before putting her fake cute face back on. "You left without saying goodbye! I wanted to take a picture with our twin pants~"

His hair was covered with a warm looking beanie, and he had changed his contacts out with glasses, which somehow made him even cuter. Sulli came by, smiling at you with malice.

"Aww, you guys are cute...I can take the picture~" Taemin pulled out his phone and handed it to Sulli, while everyone else didn't really care and continued to talk separately from the three of you. You spotted Amber and realized you still hadn't met her. You mentally slapped yourself, and smiled when Taemin came to stand next to you. You posed with a big grin and your thumbs up while Taemin naturally put up a v-sign and bent forward to match your height better. His face was extremely close to yours and you had to stop yourself from thinking about it, or else your face would turn into a ripe tomato. Sulli cutely counted to three, even overexaggerating pressing the shutter button the phone. Taemin bumped your hip with his and went to Sulli to take his phone back. She waved even more cutely to you and joined the others, but you knew what she was really thinking about you. 

"_____~ We're so cute!" Taemin walked back to you, sticking his phone in front of your face. 

"Omo~ Send that to me~" You took his phone and inspected the picture some more. You noticed he was pretty much in the center, but shrugged it off. While you were looking, he pressed a button, his hand brushing past yours as he pulled it back. You continued to stare at the screen, not wanting to make anything of it, and searched for your name on his contacts. "What the, where am I? Can you not spell my name~?" 

Taemin grabbed the phone and hid it from your view, his cheeks turning a light shade of pink. "Of course I can! You're just looking in the wrong place..." 

"Then what am I~?" You tried to look over the screen, but he held it above you and pressed send. 

"Haha~ You will never know!" He locked his phone and started to open his mouth to speak again, but was interrupted when your taxi honked at you. "Hehe, see you later~" 

You bid farewell to everyone and entered the taxi. Your phone vibrated and you downloaded the picture of you and Taemin, instantly setting it as your new wallpaper. He said it was cute, too, so it's not like he'd judge...keke. 

The taxi pulled out of the parking lot and you relaxed in the back seat. You were going to visit your home soon, and finally get to eat real American food. Seriously, corn on pizza? 


The "Hello" performance is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpSGMVAxpjw

Are you jealous? XD

And Korea seems to think corn makes food more American. Yeah, I don't get it either. 

Last update for tonight ;D