SOLD OUT?!

The Reality You Wanted

The next morning, you surprisingly woke up before Mattie. You stretched and considered not getting out of bed, but the memory of the other day kept you up. Kwang Sun was really weird. How could he be related to the sweet and caring Mi Hyun? Ugh. Luckily, Taemin was there. Suddenly, your stomach growled. When was the last time you ate?

Stretching again, you got up and walked out of your room. It had recently become a liking of yours to sleep in boxers and oversized tee shirts, so that's what you were in. Your hair was all over the place and you didn't really care. You were hungry and your stomach always came first.

You poked your head into Mattie's room and he was sprawled on his bed, drooling onto his pillow. Did all guys drool? Anyways, you went in and shook him, but he wouldn't wake up. "Mattie~" Noting. So, you kicked him. It wasn't super hard, but just enough to get him up.

"Huh? Wha- OW!" You smiled innocently and waved at your dongsaeng. "What was that for?!"

You laughed and rolled him out of bed, but sighed at his continuing growth. He was already taller than you and still had time to grow! Pushing him out of his room, you laughed at the realization that your boxers matched.

He looked at you like you were a weirdo, and continued to the kitchen. The two of you hadn't had a lot of time to just sit and talk because of his busy schedule. so you wanted to use every opportunity you had to catch up.

"How's practice going?" You went to the kitchen to make toast for the two of you and he hopped onto the counter behind you.

"Good. Shin said you still have his jacket and he's not giving it back until you give him his, though. How long have you had it? I think it's his favorite one or something..." You totally forgot! It was hanging in your closet, washed and untouched since that time Chung Ho gave it to you.

"Did he wash it? I don't want his spit all over it!" You passed the toast to Mattie and slid onto the counter next to him. The two of you decided a table and chairs was unneccessary because you didn't really care where you sat to eat. "I'll just bring it later. I have to come over anyways..."

"So are you and that Taemin guy getting married yet?" He nudged you and did that whole "wink-wink-nudge-nudge" thing. You just laughed at him.

"Of course not! We're not even twenty yet! These things take time, brah~" You stuck your tongue out at him and finished your toast. As time has passed, speaking in English was becoming even weirder to speak in. You only used it with Mattie and when you called your family back home, and you were pretty sure you were developing an accent. Mattie laughed at you and finished his toast. You smiled at him and hugged him. You didn't like that he was growing up. It meant you were, too.


It was only 8am, but Mattie already had to leave to practice. His debut was coming soon and you were super excited. Like everyone else, you only got too watch a small teaser and weren't told anything else about the track, or the accompanying mini-album. Mattie had come a long way and you were proud.

You didn't feel like leaving just yet, so you stayed back to clean the apartment. You took one look into Mattie's room; however, and just closed the door. He could deal with his own mess later. You walked into your room and pulled Shin's sweater from a hanger. You folded it and put it in your bag. You stuck your headphones in and headed out around 10, realizing you hadn't bought Taemin his banana milk yet.

You walked to the convenience store and surprisingly, the two girls weren't there. You smiled and headed over to the refrigerated milk section only to see there was no milk...at all! Puzzled, you walked over to the cashier and asked him where all the dairy products went, and apparently two very thirsty looking girls bought the whole lot and the next shipment wouldn't come until later. They'd never had so much milk bought at once. You sighed and thanked him, bowing at him and leaving. You didn't know where other convenience stores were, so you decided to just buy Taemin coffee. It was early, so he would need the caffeine, right? 

You hummed along to your music, not really paying attention, and entered the shop. Minho was sitting next to a window, sipping a steaming cup of something and doing something on his phone. He was so...cool. You laughed at yourself and ordered two cups of coffee. At the sound of your voice, Minho looked up and smiled at you.

"What's up, _____-ah? I haven't seen you in a long time." After the barista gave you your coffee, you sat across from the frog-like man.

"Nothing much~ How about you? You're going to start promotions for your new song, right?..."Hello", isn't it?" You didn't know what was so funny, but he laughed anyways. "What? Do I have something on my face?"

"Nothing, nothing! You just always need to know so much about SHINee! You're a pretty big fan, huh?" His smile was heartwarming and you could tell he was joking, yet you were embarrassed anyways. "Taemin said you liked the rap battle at SM Town in LA! I was cooler than him, right?"

"Haha, sure! Just don't tell him!...Wait, why'd he tell you?" You still didn't get why that guy was talking about you so much to his hyungs, but you like it. "Aishh, this is so...embarrassing!" 

You felt your cheeks redden and Minho merely laughed again. "I think he likes you~"

You didn't think your cheeks could get any redder. Why, Minho? Why'd you have to go there?!

"W-what? We're friends! Just friends!" You put your hands over your face and felt the heat from your cheeks seeping through your fingers.

"Ahh, you like him, too, don't you? I knew it! Minho is always right!" Minho reached over and ruffled your hair. "Don't worry, it's our little secret! Omo, I have to go! Are you coming?"

He got up and waited for you. You were glad you had Minho. He was like...a big brother. A big, froggy brother. 

You grabbed your two cups of coffee and left with Minho, still slightly red. At least no one else was at the shop to hear you guys.


I wish Minho was my brother. That'd be fun.