Jetlag

The Reality You Wanted

"Are we there yet?" You looked at Matthew. His eyes were half-open and he was slouching in his seat. He yawned, waiting for your reply. The SM building was coming into view.

"Almost." You were exhausted. And hungry.

The taxi slowed to a stop and you paid him with freshly exchanged currency. It was weird having to count in thousands. As you neared the entrance, with all your luggage, you were greeted by a smiling woman. She opened the door for you and helped with your bags, and tried to converse with broken English, but soon parted ways. The man at the front desk looked at you impatiently, as if he had better things to do then tell the Americans that they didn't belong in an entertainment building and the hotel was a few blocks away. 

"Uhm...this is Matthew? The new trainee..." You stuttered through your Korean, seeing as you barely started studying it a few months ago. Matthew better learn faster.

"Ahh, Matthew...United States?" the man seemed to relax and pulled out some paperwork. Ugh, he can't be serious. "Take these home and fill them out. The taxi will be here to pick you up soon. Here are your keys." 

You thanked him and walked away, almost forgetting to bow. Sitting on your biggest suitcases, it felt good to finally rest. At least, for about two seconds. A van pulled up and a group of girls nearby started screaming and running to the vehicle. You halfheartedly began to observe the scene, but couldn't see what - or who - the girls were excited about. Your taxi pulled up and you walked towards it, attempting to fit all your luggage into the compact trunk. As the taxi left, you looked out your window at the mysterious van. Could it be? Or were you just so tired, you were beginning to hallucinate? Did Taemin just step out of that van?


Uhh, so yeah. It's kinda short I guess. Sorry if it's boring XD I'm trying to set it up 'cause a lot of the other fanfics kinda just make everything happen too fast lol. Well, that's my opinion xD

I'll write the next chapter now lol.