23:30

Miracle

4 years later

 

“Where’s the bridesmaid?” Luna practically screamed when she frantically went out of the room of the bride.

 

“I’m trying to contact her but she’s not answering” Kyungsoo replied as he dialed the number of the bridesmaid once again.

 

“Call her again and I’ll try calling the hospital” Victoria said, taking her phone out.

 

“Here I am. I’m sorry I’m late” the girl that they were looking for said, putting Luna back to her settled self. It was funny how she is able to operate without cracking a nerve but when it come to this here she was starting to panic as if the world was ending

 

“Where were you? Jino said you didn’t come home last night” Luna said in a demanding tone.

 

“That poor boy” Victoria said in a teasing tone while shaking her head.

 

“I was somewhere”

 

“Where?” Luna quickly replied        

 

“Were you with someone?” Jinri said after hearing the predicament, stealing the attention of her friends. But silence coated the room as they waited for the answer from the younger girl. Who shifted away from the question.

 

“Oh lil jung, are you finally back in the market?” Kyungsoo said, breaking the silence.

 

“You can’t just walk away from this. We have questions!!” Luna demanded, trying to catch up with the younger girl but she quickly left her friends and went to the nearest room, locking herself in. As her back rests against the door and she took a deep breath.

 

   page+breakh.jpg

 

Honestly yesterday passed by rather quickly. I didn’t pay much attention actually. I was like a walking corpse. Far as I know I just followed my daily routine. I had a forty-eight hours shift yesterday and I gave myself a little reward by getting myself a drink.  

 

Well...it was actually more than that. It was the day that I first met Yiyun.

So I deliberately went to the same bar that I first saw her. Because maybe I’d get lucky and finally see her once again. Finally be able to be with her again.

 

I waited.

 

I had another shot.

 

Then waited.

 

Asked the bartender for another round.

 

waited.

 

2, 3, 4, 5 shots later…

 

She still hasn’t shown up.

 

Until…

 

Someone sat beside me. I couldn’t clearly see their face cause obviously I wasn’t sober anymore. That person’s face was blurry. But all I could remember was their goofy lopsided grin and the soft mumbling sound coming out from it’s mouth which was incoherent before everything went black.

 

There were short episodes to where I woke up in a second and passed out the next.

 

First, when I was being carried into their car. There was an obvious struggle since I could hear the person complain. The person was trying to carry me along with the heavy baggage that I call a purse.

 

the next was when the person tried to wake me up, asking where I live but all I could say was a murmur before blacking out once again.

 

I then saw myself waking up from the blinding lights from the window. It took me awhile to realize that I wasn’t in my apartment. I quickly sat up which only gave me a headache as the blood quickly rushed through my head. Heavy thumping of my veins from the last night’s drunkin’ activity. I then told myself in the millionth time that I won’t be drinking ever again. But I knew I would be breaking that promise again and again, when will I ever learn. I was just glad that he didn’t do anything to me.

 

Panic then had stricken me as I heard my phone ring, taking me back to reality that I was in an unfamiliar room. I then followed through in searching for my phone around the room to answer it but once I was about to press ‘answer’ it ended, I sighed. It was Luna for the fifteenth time. I then remembered today was the day. I had to get to the church. I shouldn’t miss this day. But before I could leave I found a note with a bottle of aspirin and water.

 

“Drink some of these before you leave. It’ll make your hangover disappear :)

I’m sorry if I couldn’t stay I have an important event to attend to.

Lock the door when you leave, the key is under the pot near the door”

 

I couldn’t help but smile while reading the note. I then took an aspiring and took a sip of the water. I wanted to stay for a bit to find out who the person was. But I heard my phone ring once again which made me realize that I was already running late.

 

Maybe I should go by to their place later to thank whoever it was.

 

page+breakh.jpg

 

The slow marching song was playing announcing the entrance of the awaited bride. She took a one last heavy breath before walking the aisle and there she saw the other bride that was waiting for her. A huge smile plastered on Yuri’s face as she saw Jessica gave her a smile in reply and bit her lower lip, trying not to release some laughter as Yuri made a dorky face to make her laugh, letting her nerves calm.

 

This was it.

 

Today was their special day.

 

She saw her mum and Yuri’s parents at the side chairs in front of the altar. They were sharing some tears of joy as they gave her a small nod of approval and at the other side she could see her friends smiling at her and the familiar figure. That triggers a memory from her past.

 

Jessica wasn’t sure if it was real or a dream. Yiyun was sitting on her bed, as if she was waiting for her to arrive home. It has been awhile since she was having some delusional encounters with younger girl. She older jung would then find herself talking to Yiyun who will also answer her back.

 

She thought she was going crazy since when she tries to hold onto her past lover she would disappear.

 

“Tiring day?” Yiyun asked, sitting beside her as she tries to rest. Yiyun would then put her hands on her shoulders to give her a massage, she would then feel her muscle relax at the touch of the short haired girl but as she tries to reach for her, there was nothing. She was gone.

 

“You should stop blaming yourself” Yiyun said, while patting the back of the crying girl.

 

“I have been a failure I couldn’t even save my own best friend” She retorted

“People just...has their own time” Yiyun replied, comforting the older girl

 

“I could have done something! I even lost you!”

 

“Jess” the short haired girl sighed before continuing “This wasn’t your fault. This was never your fault. Don’t cry anymore. It hurts me to see you cry.”

 

Jessica then went pass through Yiyun as she tries to hug onto her but there wasn’t anything that she could held on to.

 

But from time to time she would see less of her. However she would reappear when she starts to question her feelings for Yuri.

 

“I don’t like her” She would say to herself

 

“Oh yes you do. I could even hear your heartbeat quicken when you see her” Yiyun would reply with a snicker

 

“But I love you”

 

“I know but you have to let me go, Jess”

 

“I’ll never let you go!” Jessica replied

 

“They said when you love someone sometimes you’d have to let them go. Jess, let me go and fall in love with someone who truly loves you. Give your heart a break from all this pain”


That was the last time. Yiyun had stopped appearing in her mind and now there was only one appearing in her dreams and it was Yuri.

 

wee finally an update!! lolol

well who do you guys think the mystery man?? and who was the familiar figure that Jessica saw that reminded her of Yiyun

 

 

and Happy listening to snsd's new album!