5:14

Miracle

“Was it all true?” Yiyun asked the reaper, she just recently talked with Krystal. They were at the house of the dead, a place where no mortals have been. The stone walls were lit with flaming torches, the ceiling was too high to make out, and a magnificent marble staircase facing them led to the upper floors.

 

The reaper was sitting peacefully, reading a book. While Yiyun could hear the drone of hundreds of voices from a doorway. It was voices of agony.

 

“I don't accept guest” the reaper replied lazily and continued to read his book Unless if you want to join them

 

“Answer me” Yiyun snapped and took the book away from him

 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about” He answered back and taking his book from the timekeeper

 

“Do I have a brother?”

 

“I don’t think I need to answer that” He then placed the book on the table “if you already know the answer”

 

“Tell me what happened” Yiyun begged

 

“Don’t beg it doesn’t suit you well” the reaper replied

 

“Why haven’t you told me?”

 

“I’m not allowed to meddle, Yiyun” He pointed up “His rules”

 

“What happened to him before...before this timeline?” Yiyun asked in frustration.

 

The reaper then took out what seemed to be like a silver cigarette lighter from his pocket. He flicked it open and held it up in the air and clicked it. Everything turned into darkness. A small flicker of light then appeared from the lighter, then an image of Jeno appeared from the flame.

 

 

 

“He fell into a coma. He tried to commit suicide after he found out that you died, jump off the building apartment. And well, poor little Jessica had to do her best to save him but her best wasn’t good enough, I might say. He hasn’t woken up for years and that was when they decided to pull the plug”

 

page+breakh.jpg

 

“Where did my patient go?” Krystal asked the nurse, when she went to Stacy Ha’s room

 

 

“Sh-she was brought to the surgical room” the nurse replied nervously

 

“Who took her?”

 

“Dr. Jung...well in this case the older one” the nurse flinched when Krystal heavily placed her charts to the desk, slamming it loudly.

 

Krystal quickly left, infuriated by the fact that she wasn’t informed about this, Stacy was her patient and her sister was once again stealing what’s hers, she thought.

 

“Glad you can join us” Jessica calmly said already suited in her surgical gown and ready to operate

 

“What are you doing?” Krystal questioned

 

“If what you said was true, if she has an aneurysm then she’s a ticking bomb”

 

“You didn’t even inform me about this”

 

“I paged you, but you never answered” Krystal then checked her pager and saw that it’s batteries were out. She then closed her eyes in frustration, guilty for getting angry at her sister.

 

“Get ready and scrub in Dr. Jung” Jessica told her, which surprised the younger girl.

 

She was immediately guided by a surgical nurse to the scrubbing area. Helped with each step, till she got to her surgical gown tied up to her gloves worn.

 

“Are you ready?” Her sister asked her. Jessica had a bone cutter, opening up the head of the patient. Krystal was at the other end of the table, situated nearer to the exit door. Her eyes then transferred up to the operating theatre, it landed to her friends who were smiling at her proudly and happily waving at her.

 

“Come here and see this” Jessica called onto her, she then slowly walked towards her and Jessica showed her the rupture “Guess your right eh” Jessica smiled her eyes forming into a crescent shape.

 

Watching her sister operate and being able to assist was one of the best experience she had, how could I miss this chance before she thought. Even a better feeling than the first time she had her solo flight operation, the dream of every intern. Her mind was always wrap around their disconnected relationship.

 

The surgery just finished and she just sat at the empty waiting room. Enjoying the feeling of the quietness that surrounds her, it was peaceful. A strange and mysterious feeling for her.

 

“Hey” Jessica called and took the seat beside her

 

“That was great” Krystal muttered “That was amazing”

 

Jessica couldn’t help but smile “Glad you liked that, I hope we could do things like this more often”

 

“The Jungsis Hospital” They both laughed.

 

“Umm…you know that part where I say something and then you say something, then we both cry and hug it out after” Krystal said, a smile plastered on her face when Jessica nodded and put her on a tight grasp.

 

“Thanks” the older girl then said as she released Krystal from her grasp “I have to go and talk to the parents and tell them the good news”


“Jess, before you go I want to let you know that I’m going to London to see Jeno”

 

 

 

well?