12:39

Miracle

“She’s helping me” said Yiyun “I need her”

 

“There are consequences to the changes you made in this timeline, Yiyun.  I hope you don’t forget that” Jinri warned her and suddenly the two heard a loud clunk of noise above them which made them stop talking.

 

Immediately Jinri formed a fist and raised her clench hand up, “Manifest yourself” Jinri demanded. Before she could unclutch her hand, in matter of seconds Krystal then appeared. “I think you know that eavesdropping doesn’t do you any good, Dr. Jung”

 

Krystal couldn’t believe what just happened, it felt like she was absorbed by a black hole and zapped her. She could feel a bit buzzing inside her head, a side effect of the sudden transportation. Yiyun then quickly caught her in her arms to help her balance herself “What are you doing here?”

 

“I work here” the young intern replied with sarcasm, rolling her eyes and this made Yiyun frown in disapproval. Krystal’s attention then shifted to the other and asked, “What are you?”

 

“She's a guardian, watcher of the health” Yiyun replied

 

“All this time?” Krystal was starting to have questions “You were acting, all this time? In the elevator? You could have saved him without my help”

 

“It was your job, I’m just guiding you, LIKE THE OTHERS SHOULD” Jinri said, emphasizing the last few words, her gaze fixed on the timekeeper who looked away in the eye contact.

 

“How many of you are in this kind of thing? Is everyone here a part-time god or something?” Krystal asked again, rambling with her words.

 

“We’d rather not answer that” the guardian replied quickly, which made Yiyun close , failing to give the young intern the right response that she needed.

 

“Look, I need your help Jinri. It’s about my brother” Yiyun finally said

 

“Your misfortune doesn’t concern me” the gaudian sneered

 

“What about Jeno?” Krystal asked she turned her head to the timekeeper and their faces were inches apart from each other. Her eyes widened and pushed the timekeeper away from her.

 

“I-I’ve got some suspicions about his well-being” Yiyun stuttered, she could feel her face heat up and when she looked up, she noticed that the younger girl was fighting a blush as well. The guardian then noticed the exchange of the two and shook her head. A deity is not allowed to have feelings for a human, she thought. But it was forgotten once Yiyun had transferred her attention to her and asks again.

 

“Reconsider” The short haired girl then said and the guardian rolled her eyes in agreement. She owed the timekeeper before, Yiyun saved her life from the attacking demons, she also knew that the timekeeper wouldn’t go to great lengths and bring a human with her if she wasn't needed, and God would have also stripped the timekeeper from abusing her powers if there wasn’t any reason behind all this. Yiyun then held on to the guardian and they vanished together, leaving the young intern on her own.

 

page+breakh.jpg

 

Jinri let her hand through Jeno’s head. He was sleeping and then felt a sudden migraine that woke him up. He groaned at the unanticipated pain. When he opened his eyes he could see an illuminated light before him. Afraid from it, he moved away, scurrying himself to a corner near his bed.

 

“He reacts to everything we do, strange” Jinri muttered “but he couldn’t really actually see. His senses were...for the lack of better words ‘heightened’ since he lost his sight”

 

 

 

“Are you sure?” Yiyun asked again and looked at his scared brother “Can you fix his eyesight?”

 

 

 

“I can’t intrude in his life and suddenly give him one. People today would wonder, they don’t believe in miracles anymore, Yiyun” the guardian replied with the sad truth “But I could block these senses if you want. It might help him” Jinri suggested but Yiyun walked towards her brother and put him on a hug.

 

 

The illuminated light was nearing him and Jeno couldn’t move anywhere, he was against the wall and the unexpected happened. He could feel the warmth from the light, it wasn’t threatening but comforting. It reminded him of his sister.

 

 

page+breakh.jpg

 

 

“An operation for Jeno?”

 

“Yes, he needs it more than anything. I could hear him cry every night, he would have nightmares about his mother dying in front of him or Yiyun" Krystal sighed "It was the last thing he ever saw. I want him to forget about that and create new ones”

 

“I know. But I don’t think that would be a bright idea” Jessica shuddered and took a step backward then shook her head in disagreement.

 

“Why not?” Krystal asked surprise by her sister’s decision, she looked puzzled.

 

“Do you think that I wouldn’t have done so before if Yiyun had agreed with it” Jessica answered “I’ve always wanted to help but she wouldn’t allow me. If I failed on the operation or something bad happens...I don’t think I would ever forgive myself for failing”

 

“Jess, you're the best than anybody else in the country. You're better than anybody”

 

Jessica took a deep breath and sighed and said before leaving for an operation, “If you can find me a donor. I’ll do it”