12:22

Miracle

“Dr. Jung, how was the trip?” Tom asked he was drinking off his coffee to keep him awake for the rest of the day.

 

“It was good” Jessica answered while signing some charts. “Have you seen Kwon Yuri?” asked Jessica. It was her first day back to work and Yuri had agreed to accept her offer to work in the hospital with her, they needed a “cardio god” in their midst, Jessica reasoned. Tom risen a brow in confusion.

 

“She's here? Wow. I never got the memo for that” Tom answered “Well I’ll let you know if I see her” Tom left in a hurry when she saw the other Jung in the corridor.

 

Krystal was back in the hospital stuck in the pit, doing critical care. But her mind was off, wondering about Jeno’s strange behaviour yesterday. She could have sworn that the boy was locking his gaze on the timekeeper. It was as if he could see her.

 

“Hey” Tom sneaked in to the younger girl, giving her a fright “How are you?”

 

Krystal hastily gathered her charts that fell on the floor. “I’m doing well” She lied “How about you?”

 

“I’m good. It was just that...you never called me when you got back and I’m wondering where are we in this” Tom replied "What am I to you?" the younger girl mentally face palmed herself when she had forgotten about Tom. Her mind was in a scatter but was mostly thinking about the timekeeper.

 

“Umm...I don’t know. I just got back-”

 

“Krystal” he said softly.

 

“I know. It’s just my first day back” Krystal combed her hair back in frustration and sighed

 

“I’ve been waiting” Tom replied his eyes darted on the younger girl, it was more like a glare.

 

“Dr. Jung, people are dying” Dr. Song called on the younger intern across the corridor, interrupting the two in their conversation. For the first time she was glad being interrupted in a conversation. Song Qian, just saved her from an awkward conversation “It’s not time for chit chat” Dr. Song continued

 

“I need to go. Let’s talk later” Krystal said, leaving Tom in frustration.

 

“Jung, there’s a GSW patient in the other room, take care of it. Jinri will be with you, she needs help” Dr. Song ordered before walking away. Krystal then turned to look at to where Jinri is and she could see her looking flustered in a room with the entire police force surrounding her. Krystal then made her way towards the room without squeezing her way through it.

 

“What do we have here?” Krystal asked. Jinri’s hands were shaking, she was cracking under pressure from all the people watching her every move.

 

“Oh you’re here, thank god” Jinri happily sighed “Tan Sungha. Twenty-five years old. GSW to the chest. Immediate return of 860 cc of blood” Krystal quickly removed the taped gauze on his chest to see the wound.

 

“Oh god that hurts” the patient groaned

 

Krystal was then handed some gloves by a nurse and she could hear the patient groan more “They never told you in movies how much it hurts to get shot”

 

“Push some morphines of 12 mg” Krystal then said and Jinri quickly went to do so. Krystal was checking the heart pulse of the patient worried if it was starting to get irregular.

 

“Did you call any attending?” Krystal then asked the other intern.

 

“Yeah but she never answered”

 

“Who’s the attending again?”

 

“Dr. Kwon, she’s new but rumours say she’s a cardio god” Krystal’s eyes widened in surprise. She never knew the older girl had specialized in cardiology. If she had met the girl before maybe she could had have her as a mentor rather than traveling outside the country to continue her specialty. She then cleared before her mind drifts off to another matter.

 

“Let’s hope that she is cause this guy has to have this bullet remove now”

 

page+breakh.jpg


 

“So…what’s the deal with you and Tom?” Sulli asked, trying to break the ice. She barely knew the younger jung and was trying to befriend her. The two were on their way to the surgical room with the patient, riding the elevator.

 

“Nothing, yet” the younger intern replied, her back was leaned against the elevator walls.

 

“He looks like he was expecting something” Sulli muttered, pouting because she didn't get any scoop from the younger girl.

 

Then suddenly the elevator stopped moving. The lights flickered on and off. “Were not moving” Sulli gasped. She was in direct panic mode. It was not time for them to be stuck in an elevator with a patient that has a bullet stuck in his chest.

 

It then hit Krystal, today was that day that she decided to be a cardiologist. She remembered it from before. How could I have forgotten about this She thought. Sulli was pushing the all the buttons in the elevator. She kept on pressing the button marked Alarm to call for assistance.

 

“If they don’t want us to panic, why isn’t anything working” Sulli cried out, while she kept on pressing on the alarm button.

 

“It didn’t work the last five times you did it, why would you think it'll work now” Krystal then said. Sulli then moved to the elevator doors, using all her strength to open the door but it wouldn't budge. Krystal just shook her head at Sulli’s panic attack.

 

“We lost power were stuck here” Krystal said to the other intern. “Are you okay?” She then asked the patient, who groaned in reply. Krystal then quickly checked on his pressure and it was falling.

 

“Sulli” Krystal called and whispered “he needs more blood we need to go get him in the OR”

 

“Okay, you’re whispering. Don’t whisper. Whispering is a sign that I’m not going to be okay” The patient then said to them “It’s bad. This is bad” the patient heavily breathed

 

“Someone’s is going to get us out from here” Krystal then assured the patient and Jinri, she was trying to keep him calm to maintain his blood pressure and the other intern to help her keep him alive.

 

Sungha, the patient then tried to take off his oxygen mask and Sulli quickly placed it back, the anxiety was getting through him. “I need to go home, I need to get out from here” He kept saying. While Sulli would push him back to his bed and reply to him that he couldn’t leave the hospital yet.

 

“He’s too agitated I can’t get his pressure. His pulse is still there, which is a good sign” Krystal muttered while going through the bag with medical instruments but dismayed to find out that there were only gloves and a first aid box in it. She needed an open chest tray to keep the patient steady.

 

Suddenly the elevators were cracked open, there was a slight opening and Krystal could see Yuri’s head poke in. “How’s the patient?” She then asked. The police force was behind Yuri and did the opening for her but they couldn't open it widely because it might cause the elevator to fall. “I can’t hear systolic over fifty for his pressure” Krystal replied. Yuri froze in her place, thinking what to do next. While Sulli started to panic again “He’s going to die, he’s going to die” she kept repeating, which just made the patient panic as well.

 

“Intubate him, I’ll come back” Yuri said leaving them. Krystal then faced the other intern and tried to calm her down “Sulli, he’s not gonna die. Were going to save him, calm down”

 

Sulli was now squeezing the balloon cuff back and forth after Krystal successfully placed the other end of the tube in the patient’s trachea. “When is Dr. Kwon coming back?” Jinri asked the younger girl once again while Krystal replied for her to just wait.

 

She was helpless in the moment. She needed the right tools to open up this patient. Before she remembered how it was too late that someone came for them but now luckily Yuri was there to help them now.

 

Dr. Kwon has then arrived and gave them supplies, she then informed them that the patient needs to have the bullet removed and keep the place sterile. The two quickly wore the surgical gowns given and Krystal then cleaned off the wound. Yuri then handed a Metzenbaum scissors and scalpel to Jinri who just froze on her spot.

 

“Dr. Choi take these” Yuri kept on calling and Krystal then looked up to find her partner to be rigid in her spot. Krystal then took the instruments and told Jinri to keep the ventilation going.

 

Yuri was about to give instruction on what to do when Krystal just did the whole operation without being told by her. Sulli was surprised at how Krystal handled the whole operation. Yuri as well, she knew the girl was Jessica Jung’s sister, she would be brilliant as well, but didn’t know that she could handle flying solo with just being an intern, the younger intern pulled the bullet out and instinctively looked for the damaged area of the heart when she finally found it she then applied a stitch on the damaged aorta.

 

“That’s amazing Jung” Yuri complimented the younger girl. When they were finally pulled out from the elevator and checked if the patient was alright.

 

Krystal just returned a smile and walked away. It was for awhile and she was glad that her mind had taken a break from all the things that had happened to her.

 

page+breakh.jpg

 

Yiyun was stuck in the apartment with her younger brother. She couldn’t help but feel that the boy could see him. He has been staring at her for awhile now and she would notice how his gaze would follow her every move, each time she tries to change seats or she goes to another room.

 

 

“Can you really see me?” She muttered to herself and when she turned to the direction of the boy she could see him nod.

 

 

 

 

 

why not show off the hidden brilliance of krystal lolol

 

god she looked so pretty in that white dress but even better on that black one