10:36

Miracle

“This is impossible”

 

“How can he be alive when a 9mm bullet went through his heart. He should be dead.”

 

Dr. Lee and Dr. Choi have been pondering for awhile now. It has been three days and the death toll in Seoul has not risen. For the last three days no one had died in the city.

 

“This is a joke right?” Dr. Choi threw the folder that he was holding awhile ago to a trash can.

 

“It feels like that the death angel or reaper or something is taking a vacation” Dr. Lee shook his head in disbelief.

 

“You believe in those stuff?”

 

“Well whatever it is, it’s a miracle”

 

Meanwhile in the spirit world. The grounds were very dark now; the only light came from the distant windows of a castle. The reaper was first to make a move towards the was still wheezing and occasionally whimpering Yiyun, her mind was buzzing from the sudden evaporation. She was never used to the disappearing act and using her power to transfer to another dimension was still new to her. She left Jeno alone on the roof and had no idea if he’s still alive now. Everything that matters was that the reaper was with her but it was now trying to kill her.

 

He flung out one arm to Yiyun and she flew, colliding with a tree nearby. She had gone rigid. Then her limbs began to shake in pain. He spun Yiyun around, the familiar icy cold was penetrating her insides, fog starting to obscure her vision; the dark fog was appearing out of the darkness on every side; the reaper was coming close. Yiyun blinked furiously to try and clear her vision, shaking her head to get rid of the faint screaming pain of her body from the torture of the reaper.

 

The reaper was already in front of her, its hooded face turned toward Yiyun, one glistening, scabbed hand gripping its cloak, drawing a deep rattling breath. This was the end of her she thought. Then the reaper raised both his rotting hands and lowered his hood. Where there should have been eyes, there was only thin, gray scabbed skin, stretched blankly over the empty sockets. But there was a mouth, a gaping, shapeless hole, the air with the sound of a death rattle. A paralyzing terror filled Yiyun so that she couldn't move or speak. All her thoughts flickered and died, she was too weak to move, already sick, and shaking. She couldn’t stop death.

 

A white blinding fog and a beam of silver went through the reaper, making him disappear in thin air. Yiyun couldn’t see who did it and in a distance there were suddenly dim shadows on the ground, nearing her.

 

“You should have told me about your plan. Did you know how hard it was to find you?” the reaper then said to her, he was wearing a neon pink leather jacket with tight skinny jeans. Yiyun was weirded out at the sudden transformation.

 

“Don’t touch me, what are you doing?” She pushed him away from her

 

“I just saved you” the reaper replied

 

“But you were trying to kill me earlier”

 

“That wasn’t me. There are dozens of reapers in the world Yiyun, I’m not the only one. We are placed on different sectors of the world and the one you went before wasn’t mine” He explained “and c’mon, have you seen how bad that reaper dressed? I looked so much better than him” He groaned.

 

“What did you do to the other one?” Yiyun asked as she tries to stand and the reaper quickly helped her.

 

“I sent him back to where he belongs” the reaper replied

 

“Thanks” Yiyun gladly nudge him “If there were dozens of you, what’s your name then?” she then asked

 

“I’m only known as the reaper, nothing else. The man above never bothered to give us one”

 

“I’ll name you “Kibum” to distinguish you from the others” Yiyun then told him and a small smile was formed from the reaper “So where to now?” she asked, limping and the reaper then attached himself to her to help her walk.

 

“We have to go back now. I still have some souls to collect and you have things to do” He answered

 

“How about my brother?”

 

“Well he's my problem now” Kibum roared and the two suddenly disappeared into thin air.

 

page+breakh.jpg

 

“Welcome to your new home” Krystal said to Jeno, assisting the boy to a couch in the living room. They just arrived in her apartment from the airport while Jessica and Yuri was still in London, her sister was waiting for Yuri’s decision. If she wants to stay with them or not, asking her if she wants to continue her practice as a surgeon in Seoul since she hasn’t been doing so in London.

 

“How long do I have to live here?” Jeno asked, his white pale eyes gleamed against the fluorescent lamp beside his seat.

 

“You can stay here as long as you want” Krystal answered

 

“I want to leave” Jeno then said. Krystal breathed heavily and closed her eyes. She slowly went beside the boy “Jeno, we’ll take care of you here. We could even have an operation for your eyes. You might be even closer to your family here” she softly said the last one

 

“You're just going to leave me like the others” Jeno muttered. When suddenly the doorbell rang and Krystal left his side to open the door.

 

Jeno could hear Krystal say loudly in surprised and gasped “Dad! W-what are you doing here?”

 

“Did you think I would never know about this?” his thick stern voice boomed inside the room “My daughter bringing this boy inside her apartment. Do you know that people are starting to talk? rumours are going around saying that he's your son. Where did you even get this kid?”

 

Krystal was surprised at how fast her father would find out about this. She expected him to react like this, she felt scared. She never had angered her father before.

 

“His not my son, he’s from a friend. I need to take care of him now” She replied trying to control her voice and he scoffed


“Get rid of him or I will disown you