3:30

Miracle

“Bored?” someone then asked Yiyun. The short-haired girl turned back the time for a bit to stop the waitress from falling over and spilling a cup of coffee to a customer.

 

“I thought I smelled death” She teased “I’ll never distrust my nose ever again”

 

“To what do I owe the pleasure?” Yiyun then asked

 

“I noticed someone's meddling, again. I thought I’d to drop by” the reaper replied

 

“That’s what I do best” she muttered, moving a bag out of the way of the waitress. Then snapped her fingers and watched the waitress walked over a table without tripping. She then smiled before turning around to face the reaper.

 

“Isn’t that nice” the reaper mocked

 

“I haven’t seen you for awhile, been busy?” She then asked, ignoring the snarky comment. A love-hate relationship is linked to the two. Since most of the time Yiyun would be there to stop the reaper from taking someone’s soul. But after that, they’ve grown close to each other.

 

“I had to take them quickly before you snatch them away” the reaper replied while letting his arms rest at her shoulders. But then someone suddenly caught Yiyun’s eye, someone familiar. Yiyun quickly run towards the exit to follow the person she just saw, leaving the reaper in wonder.

 

Where are you going? Yiyun thought as she continued to follow the woman, who quickly rode on a cab, heading to the hospital.

 

The woman then hastily jumped off the taxi and headed inside the hospital. Yiyun then quickly rode off her motorcycle and hurriedly followed the woman. Her eyes then widened when the woman dashed towards the emergency room.

 

“Dr. Jung!” a doctor then exclaimed, seeing the woman

 

“Where is she?” the woman then asked with a worried tone, Yiyun then saw the doctor shake her head.

 

“No, no. Let me see her” her head was pounding along with her heart, unease with the situation, trying to control her tears.

 

Yiyun could hear the woman wail when she entered the room. The woman felt herself slam flat into the ground; her face was pressed to the chest of the dead body. She had closed her eyes. She didn’t move.

 

All the breath seemed to have been knocked out of her; her head was swimming so badly she felt as though the ground beneath her were swaying like the deck of a ship. To hold herself steady, she tightened her hold on the body, she was clutching on the dead body. She felt as though she would slide away into the blackness gathering at the edges of her brain if she let go of the body.

 

“Jess” Then a pair of hands seized her roughly and turned her over. “Jess! Jess!" She opened her eyes. She was looking up at the ceiling, and another doctor was crouched over her.

 

“I’m sorry” the doctor said

 

“She’s dead. How can you let this happen? Operate on her now!” Her tears continued to flow down with her voice cracking

 

Yiyun felt the ground beneath her reverberating with footsteps, the loud chatters filled her ears. She saw  herself on the bed, injured with cuts, bruises, and unconscious.

 

“Open a surgical room. I need to save her” the woman yelled at the doctor “You incompetent fool”

 

“We did anything we can”

 

“You didn’t do enough” She yelled back, punching the doctor on the chest with anger until she could not do so anymore.

 

page+breakh.jpg

 

“Yiyun” the reaper called her attention. She absently let her gaze stay on the crying woman, sitting at the empty waiting area.

 

“I died and someone cried for me. But I couldn’t remember who she was” the short-haired girl muttered

 

“Yiyun, I’m sorry” the reaper said with deep remorse

 

“How did I die?” She asked without letting her eyes off the woman. Silence filled the room when the reaper didn’t answer back.

 

She switched her attention to the reaper. Then her vision blurred. The white ward dissolved. Yiyun had the sensation that she was flying very fast, backward. A blur of colours and shapes rushed past her, her ears were pounding, and then she felt solid ground beneath her feet, and everything came into focus. She was standing in a busy street of the city.

 

The light from the stores and street lights paved the road, and people walking through them. Yiyun then saw herself walked out of a jewelry store, staring adoringly at a ring box. She then quickly walked towards her motorcycle when suddenly a car, swerve and loose control, hitting her.

 

“I-I died. Just like that?” Yiyun stuttered

 

People then quickly ran towards the accident area, rounding area. Shrieking in grief while others called for help. Yiyun then noticed the piece she was staring awhile ago.

 

 

 

 
 
 
 
wahhhhhh lolololol