4:38

Miracle

 

I was still an intern when I first met her, still studying in St. George. She was a patient and I was in an on-call duty at the critical care that time. She got stabbed, wounded on her abdomen but she was happily sitting at the edge of the hospital, humming a tune.

 

I thought she was a man at first because of her astonishingly handsome looks. But when I checked her profile at the chart it said female, I thought they had it wrong so I had to look at it again.

 

“Would you mind taking off your shirt?” the doctor asked “I...I need to see the-the wound”she stuttered

the short haired girl just smirked at her and took off her shirt. She really is a girl Jessica thought to herself.

 

“Are you done staring?” Yiyun asked, holding her laugh. It was obvious, practically drawn to the older girl’s face was her perplexed expression

 

“no-no I mean, Yeah” the doctor then nodded her head

 

“You look pretty” the short-haired girl complimented when her eyes finally caught the evident beauty of the doctor, pleasing to her eyes she thought. Jessica just rolled her eyes, knowing that the patient was teasing her.

 

“Jessica Jung Sooyeon” Yiyun read the ID of the doctor “Your name is pretty also, like you”

 

Flustered by the continuous compliments of the patient, she then patted a gauze to the abdomen of the short-haired girl. The patient then voiced out her pain at the amount of pressure Jessica used to press her wound.

 

“Slow down, beautiful” Yiyun groaned, her hand held onto doctor’s. Jessica then quickly removed her hand under the tomboy’s and turned around to get an anesthetic injection and the staple to reattach the skin. She then took a deep breath and before returning her gaze back to the patient who had a crooked smile on.

 

“Are you drunk?” the doctor asked her patient.

 

“Not really, but it’s fun teasing you”

 

“God, no wonder you’ve got stabbed” Jessica muttered under her breath. The short haired girl just chuckled at her annoyance.

 

She could see the short haired girl flinch every time she attaches a staple wire to her skin. After the last one, before she could move back, her lips was met by the patient’s. Jessica’s chin was gently guided by Yiyun’s hand, making their lips connect with each other  Her eyes widened and her hand made contact to the tomboy’s face, slapping her.

 

“Thanks” the short-haired girl grinned before waving goodbye to the doctor. Jessica was furious and frantic for her first kiss was stolen by Yiyun, a mental and erted patient she’d say.

 

I thought I had seen the last of her when one night, I was getting ready for exams at that time when I met her again. I was out with my schoolmates who had to drag me out of my dorm for a drink at a local pub, a night out, a break from all the stress. Then there she was the astonishingly handsome, mental, erted woman.

 

She was a singing at the pub, her enticing voice led me to curiosity. I wanted to ignore it, but there was this small feeling forming inside of me. Weird isn’t it? The great Jessica Jung falling for someone. I wanted to stop but I couldn’t.

 

“I want you to meet, Yiyun. But be careful ladies, she’s quite the charmer” Charlie warned his friends

 

“Shut up” Yiyun said, putting him on a headlock. Jessica couldn’t believe her eyes when it met the tomboys.

 

“I’m leaving” she announced, standing up from her booth

 

“What? Why? It’s too early. We were just getting started” they all said

 

“Yeah Jess, don’t go” Yiyun then piped in while pouting making the girls squeal

 

Staggeringly shocking the tomboy sat beside her at all times than with the girls that were practically drooling for her. Whenever she went to the washroom, Yiyun was always there waiting for her outside her stall saying its for her “safety, an attacker might come”

 

“Well it looks like you can really take a toll” the short haired girl said, sitting beside her at the bar. While the others were already drunk and left, taking a cab home.

 

“You have a lovely voice” Jessica complimented back, knocking their shots together and was acting differently

 

“Oh okay” Yiyun was surprised at the actions of the doctor “You’re clearly drunk, let’s stop now”

 

“How can I be? I can still have more” said Jessica, stood up, from her chair but had the inability to balance herself. The tomboy quickly caught her, struggling to keep her steady.

 

“Where do you live?” Yiyun asked but she had already passed out from her arms.

 

The morning after, Jessica woke up in an unfamiliar apartment. She let her eyes adjust from the light and started to panic, when she turned to her side and met the tomboys face was closely near her. She then kicked the tomboy away from her, making the short haired girl fall from the bed and waking her up from her slumber.

 

“What the hell, Jess” Yiyun said groggily. While Jessica was busily checking under the covers to see if she still had clothes on.

 

“Why am I ? You me?” Jessica accused

 

“You wish” Yiyun muttered “You threw up. For godsakes stop yelling, its early in the morning”, covering her ears.

 

“How about your clothes why do you only have your sports bra and pants?” the doctor questioned again, wrapping herself around the blanket

 

“You threw up on me” Yiyun replied “now how about some sleep, i still have work tonight”

 

“Oh god my exams” Jessica exclaimed “Where’s my clothes? my clothes! wake up”

 

“At the washer” she swatted Jessica’s feet away

 

Jessica quickly dressed herself and collected her stuff and left the apartment of the tomboy. She was trying to hail a cab when suddenly Yiyun dragged her towards her motorcycle and placing a helmet on her head.

 

“Get on, I’ll drive you there” the short haired girl said, already straddling on her motorcycle.

 

“I had never ridden on one before” Jessica admitted

 

“are you kidding me? Just grab on tight and you’ll be fine. C'mon now before you miss your exam”

 

Jessica quickly rode on the the motorcycle and the sudden pick up of speed by the tomboy wasn’t helping her nervousness. She quickly wrapped her arms around the waist of the tomboy, tightly. Which made the short haired girl smile happily.

 

They had a numerous encounters after that. Yiyun would go to the hospital and present a take out container in front of her, reminding her that she needed to eat.

 

“Let’s have dinner tomorrow” Yiyun said carefully, trying to sound casual. Hoping that the older girl wouldn’t catch her intentions. Jessica just nodded her head absentmindedly as she enjoys to devour the food.

 

“Let’s call that a date, alright” Yiyun happily chirped in and kissed the cheeks of the older girl before leaving her to rest, Jessica then stopped eating and touched her cheeks in surprise did she just tricked me?

 

Yiyun then showed up at the hospital, wearing a semi-formal clothes. The short haired girl too had a bouquet of flower in hand.

 

“What are you doing here?” Jessica frowned

 

“We have a date” Yiyun answered. Jessica then frustratedly groaned and went to her locker to change. Undeniably she too was slowly falling for the tomboy, with the little things that the tomboy would do for her that makes her happy.

 

After that they became closer their feelings for each other growed making Jessica happily agree when Yiyun asked her to be her girlfriend. Although they were happy with each other they had to keep it from Jessica’s family.

 

But not until when Jessica had to go back to korea, she finally decided to tell her family. She did not want to hide anymore and wanted to reveal to the world the person she truly adored. She went back to korea first since Yiyun had to do some personal arrangements and was going to go after. But she met an accident the day Jessica wanted to introduce her to her younger sister

 

“I loved her, Soojung and I still do” Jessica breathed out

 

Krystal slumped her back to chair when Jessica revealed her relationship with Yiyun. She couldn’t believe it. She could not fathom on how her older sister could hide her relationship for that long but was also torn at the amount of pain her sister is in, she never knew about this before.

 

“Have you called her family?” Krystal then asked her sister

 

“I can’t” Jessica shook her head

 

“Why not?”

 

“They would send Jeno in an orphanage”

 

 

 

wow finally a chapter ten

oh god this is a horrible one, I had to revise this so many times 

lololl 

well im officially on a break now, who feels the christmas spirit?