12:33

Miracle

“Do you think he can?” Yiyun asked the reaper, which she called quickly after seeing her brother nod at her.

 

“I doubt it” Kibum replied which brought to Yiyun’s dismay.

 

“Then how is he doing it?” Yiyun asked again. The two were discussing this in front of the boy. Kibum was closely inspecting Jeno.

 

“You should talk to an angel not me” with that quick note, the reaper then vanished before Yiyun could reply.

 

“That bastard” Yiyun bellowed. Jeno then got on his feet and went pass through the her. The older girl then frowned when she also found out that the her brother couldn’t touch him unlike Krystal could. She sighed and left the apartment to look for an angel to talk to, she needed some answers.

 

page+breakh.jpg

 

“How are you holding up?” Yuri asked when she saw the other staring blankly at the floor

 

“I’m trying my best” Jessica sighed and took the cup of coffee in Yuri’s hand which the other girl offered to her.

 

“It’s gonna be alright, Jess” Yuri said drinking on her cup “It was too soon, you know. I never have seen this coming” Jessica nodded in agreement. “Now, I’m here working in a hospital with you, like the old times” Yuri continued “You can go through this, Jess. It’s going to get better”

 

Jessica tried her best to form a smile but it only turned up to be a bitter one. “You don’t have to do it now” Yuri chuckled, the laugh was contagious which made Jessica form a brighter smile.

 

“How do you do it?” Jessica then asked

 

“I don’t…I don’t think I can. Ever. We practically know each other from inside and out” Yuri sighed.

 

Yuri then remembered how Yiyun revealed to her the plans she had made in proposing to Jessica.

 

“Will you marry me?” Yiyun asked, she was down to one knee, kneeling in front of Yuri. She was practicing on how to do it with Yuri. While the brunette was surprised, ghastly holding her breath while the short haired girl was showing her.

 

All her memories with Jessica rushed through her. She could remember each expression she had embalmed in her mind of the girl. How innocent she looked while sleeping but when you wake her up you might have as well released the kraken. She remembered how Jessica softened up or should she say melted day by day when she first met her, that first sincere smile the girl gave her, how beautiful it looked. How she hide herself and cry when she misses her family in Korea or she messes up. How Jessica would try to hide her sadness but she would always find a way to break through it. How she would try her best to make the other smile and how she would wipe off her tears dry. Or how Jessica would call her right away if she has problems, she would be at her doorsteps in a heartbeat. When she and Yiyun would have a fight, she would be the one stuck in the middle of the two, giving both of them advices to make it better. How much she wanted to break them apart, how much it pained her to see them with each other but decided not to since she was a “good friend”, she owed Yiyun so much than being with Jessica.

 

“What do you think?” Yiyun finally said, nudging the other, taking her out of her trance. She was biting her lip waiting for Yuri’s answer.

 

“That was...cool?” Yuri said struggling to find the right words

 

“Cool? What?” Yiyun blinked a few times, asking if she heard the right words “Are you alright?” She chuckled getting up.

 

“Yeah, yeah. It’s just that...I’m really happy for you guys and a wedding might come up if she says yes” Yuri replied, her voice was shaky and her tears were threatining to fall.

 

“Hopefully” Yiyun replied with a smile that had stayed on her face the whole time “and you're a big part of the whole thing, thank you for being there for us. And I know if I wouldn’t be there with her anymore you’ll be there to take care of her”

 

page+breakh.jpg

 

Krystal was doing her rounds, checking her patients. Everybody had congratulated the younger girl from her shocking success in the elevator incident and they couldn’t fathom her abilities even the Chief of Surgery wants her to be a resident but she denied the offer. It would bring question to other people on how she could possibly do it.

 

The young intern was still troubled with her problems. If she has a moment to think she would be lucky not think of any of them but even when she's working her mind would sometimes drift to trouble her with her problems.

 

While going to another floor through the emergency exit, she could hear voices. It sounded a bit familiar, too familiar than she wanted. She then took a peek down and she could see Jinri and Yiyun, she then heard Jinri said

“Yes I’ve noticed your work, timekeeper” Jinri replied, her voice was different from before, it was monotonic and authoritative than the bubbly and cheerful one “That is the Soojung from the future. She should go back to her own timeline. She doesn’t belong here”

 

 

 

Happy New Year!!!!!

 

Thanks to everyone who had read this fic :)