11:00

Miracle

Without second thoughts her father left her. She was erased in their family register the moment her dad left. Krystal froze.

 

“Krystal” Jeno kept on calling on her “Are you alright?” but she just walked away from him and locked herself to her room.

 

She laid herself down in her bed and that was when it her. Her father disowned her without thinking twice. He always cared for his name to protect the business more than her but going to this extent was unradical. She doesn’t know what to feel.

 

Lost in her thoughts. Her father never cared for her, thats what she came up with, well that was all that makes sense. She was always the last straw, how about her sister, she thought. The world was black and white for her, there was never a gray shade.

 

Jessica could mess up and date a girl and continue on living her life and Yiyun would come back from the dead just for her sister, but for her there was no one.

 

Krystal could hear faint knocks on her door and Jeno calling upon her door. “Krystal, I’m so sorry. It’s all my fault” She let the boy continue on and not bothering to open the door till she heard the soft sobs “Everyone who tries...I’m cursed. I should have died there. Everyone dies or breaks when they come near me, I’m sorry”

 

Krystal then walked to the door and open it. In a swift movement she gave the boy a hug. “It was never your fault. Don’t blame yourself, never” Jeno’s heart leapt “You actually did me a favour cause now I’m out of that family” He could hear her voice waver on the last word.

 

“I know this is too much to ask. But can you not...leave and be my family instead” For the first time, Krystal was pleading. Jeno said nothing but nodded.

 

page+breakh.jpg

 

It was silent. The room was dark. She made her way towards the bed and saw the figure of the younger girl under her blanket. She could see a tear flowing down her face. Yiyun frowned at the sight. Her hand slowly went towards to Krystal’s face, trying to wipe away the tear. Her face was awfully close to the other, she could feel her warm breath.

 

Krystal suddenly opened her eyes which surprised the short haired girl. The timekeeper then moved back to her feet but only to stumble on a lamp. Yiyun was scared to have awaken the kraken inside the depths of the younger girl. She held her breath, waiting for the scream, the stinging pain from the hit. But was only surprised when Krystal wrapped her arms around the older girl.

 

“What happened?” Yiyun asked, a little shocked to what the other is doing. Weirdly she could feel something strange stir in her insides while Krystal rested her head on to her chest.

 

“You happened” Krystal let go of the short haired girl, her grasp untightened on the older girl and went to lay herself in her bed. Her gaze was locked on the short haired girl who awkwardly walked towards the bedside and sat on it.

 

 

“I know and I’m sorry for putting you through this” Yiyun laid herself beside the other, who seem to not care at the intrusion of the short haired girl.

 

 

“Your brother...he’s a nice kid. He shouldn’t have gone through this” Krystal muttered, her mind was blank still petrified. Undecided to whether being disowned was a good thing or a bad thing.

 

 

 

“Your father will not hold his grudge on you forever. He’ll come around soon” The timekeeper muttered back at her, wrapping the younger with her arm, drawing her closer toward her side, trying to comfort the other.

 

 

 

“I never felt free” Krystal her voice was in a whisper, as if she had been released from a suffocating hold of her father.

 

Yiyun chuckled at her optimism, she knew deep inside the younger girl was struggling, she leaned closer to younger girl. There was this special something with Krystal that draws her to the younger girl and she couldn’t figure it out. Krystal closed her eyes to rest her head was resting at the crook of the neck of the older girl. While Yiyun laid beside her and watched her sleep.

 

page+breakh.jpg

 

Jeno woke up with the smell of grilled bacon and eggs, he smiled. The smell reminded him of her sister, who took over and became his guardian when their parents died. She made breakfast with bacon and eggs since it was the easiest thing.

 

He sat up from his bed and his hand looked for his white cane to guide him to the kitchen. He could hear Krystal talking to herself.

 

“Don’t touch that” Her stern voice made him cower back to his steps”Do you want to do it yourself then? Don’t think so” Krystal continued to sneer. He could hear some rambling in the kitchen. He slowly approach the kitchen, his guiding stick softly tapping on the floor. When he reached the area, he could see a bright light. Jeno couldn’t believe what he was seeing.

 

Jeno tried to reach out for the light that has a silhouette of a human but only to clutch on nothing. Surprised by this, he could see the light walk around him and hear a soft inaudible whisper.


“Oh Jeno, you’re here. Morning, I made breakfast” Krystal finally said to him.