24:00

Miracle

“Jino”












 

(didn’t i tell you guys this was gonna be angsty?)













 

(which meant no happy ending)















 

(lool jks)






 

“stop it”  I said, slapping his fingers away that kept poking my face. He might have figured that I’ve been spacing out more than usual.

 

“Noona, is everything alright?” Jino asked, with the cute puppy eyes that coated his concern to the older girl.

 

“Everything’s alright” I replied while ruffling his hair which caused him to slap my hand away and he quickly fixed his hair. “C’mon, lets greet the newly wed” I said dragging him with me towards the happy couple.

 

From the other side of the room the newlywed had been painstakingly smiled all the time as the people greeted them continuously or wanted to congratulate them with a small chat. They can already imagine seeing some stars from hunger.

 

“I just really need a small bite from that dessert” Yuri whispered to her wife as she stares at the buffet table that was closely located to them but it seems too far to reach since there would be people appearing in front of them, stopping them from reaching to their desired location.

 

“We’ll get there” Jessica replied in a hush tone while smiling at the others and nodding her head.

 

Finally, they were already near the table but only be stopped with another pair.

 

“Hey there!” Jino said in happy tone while hugging the two couple. It was then that Yuri released a heavy sigh thinking ‘Thank god it was you guys’ After being released from the grasp of the younger boy she then ignored them and went to the table to collect some food for her and her wife.

 

“You guys looked the complete opposite of what I imagined” Krystal commented while giggling at the two.

 

“They wouldn’t let us eat” Jessica replied with a pout and hugging her sister as if her life depended on it.

 

“This is why I advised you to only invite the people you’re close with” the younger jung shook her head in disapproval while patting the back of her sister.

 

“You know our parents were the ones at fault” Jessica fakingly sniffed while wiping her tears away

 

“Oh, what’s wrong baby?” Yuri then asked while checking on her wife. “Here have some of these” she then said, feeding Jessica.

 

However,  the younger boy disappeared from their side and was now on the stage with a mic on.

 

“Hi, mic test, 123…”He said while clearing his throat.

 

“Wow, umm.. I don’t know where to start to… oh well. Hi I’m Jino, most of you may have known me as Krystal’s child which I’M NOT” He then said putting a stress on the last few words. For the last four years Jino has been having the strong growing feelings for the woman who has been taking care of him. and for the last four years he kept on improving himself (getting the highest score in the school and such), fending off the long line of suitors of the younger jung and had been taking care of her...well most of the time it was Krystal taking care of him.

 

Krystal had then face palmed herself as she heard the younger boy and her friends snickering as they had also noticed the feelings of the younger boy.

 

“Well I’m not here for that… I’m here to give a toast to that happy couple, Yuri and Jessica. I want to dedicate this song and dance floor for them to dance” He then said while hiding his laughter as he saw the glare that he received from the tired couple. Everybody then cheered for the two, leaving them no choice but to go through with it.

 

Yuri then gave the plate to Krystal who was laughing at them and at the mischief of the younger boy. The couple then walked towards the dancefloor and shook their head as a reply to Jino but without Jessica giving him a deathly glare.

 

But all their worries were flushed away as now that they had faced each other. It was their magical night and it will stay that way. They then smiled at each other as they danced at the song that Jino was singing at.

 

Krystal was smiling, while staring at the happy couple until it became a frown as a camera flashes, taking a picture at the dancing couple. She then saw a familiar figure. Her breath became heavy. She then quickly blinked her eyes multiple times to make sure she wasn’t dreaming but after a few ones the figure had then disappeared. She turned her head around, looking for the photographer that looked like Yiyun.

 

She then sooner realize that it might be her mind playing tricks once again. She then shook her head and went to the bar.

 

“A gin and tonic, please” She then said to the bartender. ‘It has been four years. Four ing years and I’m still not over you. I’m so pathetic’ the younger jung said to herself.

 

“Here you go, Miss” the bartender said while giving Krystal her drink. She then quickly drank it but a camera then flashed on her side.

 

“Are you an alcoholic?” It was said by the all too familiar husky voice that she misses the most.

 

Krystal then quickly looked at the owner of the voice to confirm it, “It’s you” she said in a whisper ‘it’s impossible, right?’ but from what was happening from her life before she couldn’t even think it was impossible anymore. She was just happy that Yiyun was back.

 

“Can I get what she’s having” the latter then said to the bartender while sitting beside Krystal, who kept staring at her. The other then smiled at her and then quickly taking another picture of her.

 

Krystal was back to the reality and instinctively grabbed onto the camera wanting to delete the ‘awful picture’ that was taken by the photographer.

 

“What are you doing?! Give it to me” She said in a demanding tone.

 

“It’s my camera and I’m the photographer here today” the other replied quickly while keeping the camera out of reach of the latter. They both then laughed at their childish antics. Krystal quickly composed herself but without stealing a few glances at the latter. While the other was still snickering and sipping the ordered drink.

 

“I’m glad that you’re doing alright now” the latter suddenly said.

 

“Wha-what do you mean?” Krystal replied almost spilling her drink.

 

“You know… from last night. You were totally a wreck” the latter answered with a smirk

 

“last night? It was you?” Krystal replied with a widen eyes in surprise

 

“Yeah, I’m Amber by the way. Amber Liu, you might’ve forgotten about me cause of your situation last night and I’m Jino’s cousin. I heard you were taking care of him. I’m sorry I couldn't be there to do that. I was stuck at work in Africa”

 

“Bu-but you looked exactly like-”

 

“Yiyun. Our mother’s were twins actually but mine died while giving birth”

 

“I’m sorry to hear that”

 

“Don’t worry it was a long time ago”Amber said in reply “Hey I’ve gotta go and take some pictures or else the newlywed will kill me for not doing my job. It’s nice seeing you by the way. I’ll see you around, princess” the photographer then said before leaving Krystal at the bar.

 

It was then that Krystal realize what Amber had just called her.


 

 

 

~the end~

 

 

 

don't hit me!

ahahah thanks for reading this fic!