Chapter 5 - more than siblings?

The Lost Prince
Yu POV
 
"Riko, why not you go home and take a proper rest... you haven't slept in days. I'll take care of Ryo, so dont worry"
"Niichan. I wanna stay until Ryo nii wakes up... it's my fault he's like this now" she is grabbing Ryo's hands very tightly. her tears fell onto his fingers.
"if there's any fault, it's me. I punched him even though he is already hurt"
 
"Niichan~" Her other free hand grabbed mine.
 
"he'll wake up right Niichan?" she asked.
 
"he will."
 
"don't ask me to go home, I wanna stay here" she insisted. she continued holding his hands, 
 
deep down, we're still in disbelief that he may not be our kin.
 
"who are you, Ryo?" I asked myself. "you are my little brother, right? wake up and tell me"
flashes of memories we have created in his past 20years ran through my brain. all the fun and laughters we had... all the pain we suffered together, including the time he got high fever and had to be hospitalized...we're always together... you me and Riko. I never once thought that you're not one of us.
I know why Riko refused to leave his bedside, grabbing his hands really tightly.. 
 
just like me, she's afraid... we're afraid that at any moment, someone is gonna claim their son back, any moment he'll be taken away from us, and we'll lose our dear Ryosuke. I'll lose a kind little brother and she'll lose her favorite Niichan.
Yamada POV
itai... I tried to move my body. 
 
thank goodness, I can move. I'm alive.
my hand feel warm though.
I looked towards my hand. Riko is holding my hand. her head lay beside my bed. in the corner of the room, lying on the sofa is Yu nii. 
 
they forgave me. arigatou minna.
 
I smiled.
 
"Niichan~" she lifted her head with her hand still clutching on mine.
"ohayou Riko" 
 
tears are welling in her eyes.
"nande? don't cry. I'm okay now"
 
she threw her body on me. 
 
"Itai~ Riko" she pressed on my wounds.
 
"Niichan! don't leave me! don't ever leave me!" she cried
 
"I won't, why would I?" I wrap her in my arms.
 
"you promise to be my Niichan, protecting me and loving me forever right?" 
 
"Baka, of course. I'm your Niichan forever."
 
"yes, we will always be 3" Yu is awaken by Riko.
"hai. sorry to worry you guys." I smiled with Riko still in my arms.
"don't cry, silly girl. I'm not leaving anywhere"
 
she refused to let go of me.
 
"I'll get the doctor" Yu said.
 
"yu nii, sorry for lying to you all this while"
 
"don't suffer by yourself next time" he walked out of the room after briefly smiling at me.
 
something seems to trouble Yu... Riko is acting weird too. she just refused to let go of me, like as though I'm leaving.
 
I cupped her face and asked "how many days have you not slept? your eyebags are hilariously big.. you look like a panda"
 
"Niichan!"
I giggled.
 
"go home and rest. I'm okay now" I wiped her tears away.
 
instead, she hopped onto my bed and cuddled beside me.
"nande Riko?"
 
"let me stay with you today Niichan~" she wrap her arms around me.
 
"is there something bothering you Riko? or is mum and dad's past still haunting you since that day?"
 
"no, I just want to be with Ryo nii" she buried her head on my shoulders and shut her eyes.
 
"Riko~"
 
Yu POV
 
I looked at Riko and Ryosuke and I started to worry about the rumours flying around the hospital and perhaps Aoihoshi.
 
/recall/
 
nurses' conversation: 
"heard that the good looking boy in ward 123, he's not blood related with his siblings."
"yeah I heard that too."
"poor thing. I think they didn't know about it."
"how is the boy gonna take it."
"I don't think they told him yet."
"but you saw how close his sister was with him. she kept clinging onto him. this is so wrong, since they're not siblings."
"ya! shouldn't their elder brother stop the intimacy between them before the relationship gets more complicated."
"HE IS MY BROTHER, SO STOP GOSSIPING BEHIND!" I shouted at them.
 
"but it's not just us. it's a fact that he's not related to you guys! I advice you to separate those 2 before they develop deeper feelings for each other"
 
"you!!!" the nurses fled before I could reach them.
 
/end of recollection/
 
is my worries unnecessary? can't we just ignore this fact, hide it from Ryo and continue our lives just like those 20 years where he's part of us .
 
there's no way I can separate them both. they have been attached to each other since forever.
 
it's just sibling love... nothing more. 
 
right?
 
I looked at them lying on the same bed, with Ryo tugging her to sleep while Riko embraced him.
 
Ryo loves Riko as a sister. I'm sure of this. but Riko's possessiveness towards Ryo means?
 
uneasiness run through my veins.
 
these gossips... aren't restricted to the hospital. on the way home with Ryo, a week later when he was discharged, people are gossiping.
 
"Yu nii, I think people found out about me being associated with the black triads... I can feel them talking about me"
 
they're not talking about this issue.. they are talking about our blood relation and Riko's relationship with you. - I thought
 
"yeah, don't worry. you're not associating with the triads anymore, so there's nothing to worry about."
 
"hai"
 
he pressed on his rips.
 
"does it hurt?"
 
"just a little" he smiled.
 
"Niichan.."
 
"nani?"
 
"is something bothering you and Riko?"
 
"why do you ask that?"
 
"because... you always seem like you're in deep thoughts after that day... and Riko, she keeps saying weird stuff like 'staying with her forever', and she is clinging to me more than before, like as though I'm leaving"
 
"I think we're just traumatized when we saw you so severely injured and thought you'll just wither away" this is partly true but the real reason is his identity.
 
"I'll be okay, Niichan!" he smiled brightly. his smile is always so sunshine and contagious... I can't help to smile back, but the more He smiled innocently, the more My heart breaks. he doesn't know anything.