Chapter 13 - feelings for you?

The Lost Prince

Mirai POV

"how is it doctor?!" I asked impatiently.
 
"his wounds are very deep and are severely infected. he's running a high fever and he is badly dehydrated. things aren't looking good. he lost a lot of blood and we need immediate blood transfusion."
 
"we can!" Riko voiced out and signaled his brother too.
 
"Riko, haven't you forgotten, we have different blood type" Yu voiced. Riko looked down and cried.
 
"the prince is A blood" Yuya and everyone else looked around and none of them are A blood.
 
"I am! I'll do it!" I said
 
"Mirai, you can't! you are anaemic" Chinen exclaimed.
 
"there's no other way. at most I'll be weak for a few days but he's gonna die if I don't do this" 
 
"it'll be a little dangerous, but I'm afraid there's no other faster way to save the prince" the doctor said
 
"do what you need, but make sure you keep our princess alive" Yabu instructed.
 
"arigatou Yabu" I cried.
 
"Mirai~" Chinen pulled me into his arms."I see you and Ainosuke as my best friends and family, I don't want any of you to suffer any mishap.please be safe"
 
"I will, Chinen~" I smiled with tears still welling up in my eyes.
 
I looked at Riko and Yu. Riko looked at me in sorrowful eyes "please save him~"
 
I can sense that she sees Ainosuke more than her brother.... I feel that she loves him as a guy. and that love is just as strong as mine.
 
it makes me uneasy...
 
I laid on a bed beside Ainosuke. I tilted my head and looked at his frowned face. I can almost feel his pain. his bare, brutally whipped skin is exposed, with a blanket over him. still the blood stained the blanket~ I slipped my hand into his and pressed it, as if to tell him I'll be here for him. I grabbed his hand even tighter when the doctor inserted the tube into our arms for the blood transfusion.
 
just then, i feel a slight pressure from his hand
 
"Ainosuke?"
 
he regained slight consciousness. he tilted his head to look at me and said weakly, "Baka~ you are anaemic~ why are you drawing blood for me~"
 
I am surprised he knows my health condition and is touched by that.
 
"I said I'll protect you, didnt I"
 
"Gomenasai~ if I've listened to you... I wouldn't have caused you so much problems"
 
"I understand~ it's for your siblings"
 
"you're so understanding, and I'm a complete jerk who pushed you away when you tried to remind me~" he is tearing and struggling to speak over the pain he suffers.
 
"I never blamed you. so please recover, okay? don't leave me alone~ promise?"
 
"I promise" he held my hand tightly before he fell unconscious again. this time, my vision also turned blurry and with his hand in mine, I too slipped into a deep sleep. 
 
...
Yamada POV
there's a warm feeling and soft pressure on my hand. Mirai? I thought immediately... I am not sure since when, but she started to fill my mind. that's a good thing, since we're husband-wife. she's a nice girl, and I do feel comfortable with her... she's the only one I wanna talk to these days...
I opened my eyelids slowly and I realised it isn't Mirai sitting beside my bedside, holding my hands.
"Riko~"
"Niichan!" she threw herself over me.
 
"Itai~" my wounds still hurt slightly, but more than that, I feel awkward with her as I recalled her feelings towards me 2 years ago.
 
"gomene" as she pulled herself apart. I realised Yu is there too, so I diverted my attention to him.
"how long have I been like this?"
 
"you were unconscious for about a week~"
 
"goodness. anything happened this far?"
"nope. Shiroku's army is here on standby too"
 
then I remembered~ 
 
"Mirai! is she okay?!" I sat up too abruptly, giving me a sharp pain in my wound.
"be careful. you are still weak... princess Mirai, she's regained consciousness only yesterday... after she transfused blood to you, she fell into a slight coma, but fortunately she is fully recovered now, just a little weak."
 
"so you guys have been here taking care of me?" i feel a little nostalgic having my 'family' with me, but I still avoided Riko's eyes.
 
"yes~ Niichan... no one can care for you better than your own family right?"she looked at me.
"Riko~ I'm no longer Yamada Ryosuke. Ryosuke, your brother, died 2 years ago... so don't call me Niichan anymore." I think I'm a little too harsh, but I think it's necessary to make things clear. I don't want to give her any hope that I'll return. and if she still habors feelings towards me, it's even more impossible since I have Mirai now. I don't wanna hurt her.
tears welled up in her eyes and I really wanna give her a hug like the good old days. but
 
"gomene Riko" I avoided her gaze.
 
"I wanna see Mirai... where's she?" I asked Yu. especially such times where I face emotional conflicts, I wanna meet her. since when did I develop such feelings~
 
"I think she's in the garden, playing with your horse"
 
I tried to move out of bed, but both of them called out to me. "you shouldn't be out of bed"
 
"I'm fine. I've been on the bed for a week. I need fresh air too. my guards are all here, so don't worry" I smiled as a form of reassurance.
 
...
I walked into the garden and against the sunlight, I see my white magestic horse with Mirai. she's patting his head and feeding him. her face though pale, her smile is bright.
Mirai POV
 
"I'll get water for you, wait for me..." I spoke to the horse.
 
just then... my legs got tangled and was about to trip over.
 
"ah~"
 
 but I didn't feel the impact.
 
Instead I feel cushioned, and i'm on something soft and warm.
a pair of hands held on to me.
I looked up and my eyes is captivated by the beautiful eyes that I haven't seen for a week.
"Ainosuke!" 
 
"Mirai~ I'm hurting a little... can we get up?" he said. oh my, I realised I'm lying right on top of him and my albows are right on top of his wounds.
"ahhh Gomenasai" I stood up and pulled him up as well.
 
he swept the grass off his back before looking back at me.
I'm so happy he's regained consciousness that I'm speechless. I threw myself at him, this time avoiding his wounds.
"Mirai~"
 
"it's good to have you back!" I said 
 
"arigatou Mirai~" he moved his hands towards my back and hugged me in return.
this is another first time for us, and I am beginning to feel optimistic towards our supposed contractual love.
 
"Mirai~ are you feeling better?"
 
"Yea~ you?"
 
"never better" he smiled.
 
"do you mind coming with me?"
 
"heh?"
 
"just the two of us"
 
his last line send my heart thumping fast...."just the two of us"... never did he say this to me before. 
 
"of course, but....you just woke up, is it okay?"
 
"you'll take care of me right?" ahh, Ainosuke, you're really giving me a heart attack today with your glib tongue.
 
"er..." I am obviously stuned by his statement.
 
"haha kidding. we'll take care of each other. Just come with me for a while~" he giggled.
 
He hop onto the horse and help me get up.
For once, i feel like Cinderella.... none of those princes back in my country is able to give me this magical feeling... I feel almost like my soul is floating, the moment he hugged me from behind.
 
...
We stopped at a stream. 
 
"feeling okay?" he asked.
 
"yeah. You?"
 
"awesome... a week without fresh air is horrible." he helped me get down from the horse and sat me down beside the slow, narrow stream.
 
He looked at the narrow stream and his facial expression is really peaceful. "you know what, the two of us, is no longer just connected by a piece of contract" he said.
 
I giggled, "heh?"
 
"Your blood is running through my veins, isn't it. the mere thought of this is so amazing"
 
I blushed.
 
"arigatou~" he smiled and looked into my eyes.
 
"Mirai~ I know I am not in the position to ask you to do anything for me...but~ if everyone decides to abandon me and leave me, will you leave me too?" 
 
"of course, you are not obliged to stay with me... if you wanna leave anytime, I'll let you go." he added with a smile. he feigned the smile. He is hurting, I know he is. Something happened back there when he was captured.
 
"what's wrong, Ainosuke?"
 
"nothing~ really" he is still smiling, but he avoided my eyes.
"Look at me~ you asked me to accompany you, right? so don't avoid my eyes. just tell me~"
 
tears trickled down his eyes, like the stream in front of us. I cupped his face and wiped his tears away but the tears continue to flow.
 
"please tell me" i hugged him tightly, and he finally broke down in my embrace.
 
"my mum, no, Queen Umi.... she doesn't want me... she demands that I go back as Yamada Ryosuke...she's gonna give Minoru his own son...she's is abandoning me....but the whole world wants me as Tanaka Ainosuke...then who am I?! WHO SHOULD I BE?!  FOR GOODNESS SAKE, NO ONE WANTS ME...WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR, WHEN NO ONE WANTS ME?! .....................(Cries~)..Mirai~"
 
"don't doubt yourself. the people love you.... Chinen and all your comrades love you too... Riko and Yu love you too, regardless if you are their sibling. believe yourself and those who love you, okay?"
 
"and I promise you I won't leave you, even if everyone else abandon you."
 
 
"i haven't been good to you...why are you willing to this for me?"
 
"because... you are my husband, Tanaka Ainosuke... contractual or not, I don't care., you like me or not, I don't care. But honestly, I love you, Ainosuke!"
 
he dazed at me. I think this confession came too abrupt for him to absorb...
 
"Mirai~ I..."
 
I am not prepared to hear his reply. My heart will break if it's not what I hoped to hear, so turning a deaf ear is my solution to this awkward situation.
 
"Baka~ clean your tears and let's do some sightseeing before going back okay," i interrupted.  I unfeminine-ly placed my arm over his shoulder and hurried him up.
 
He smiled and nodded.