Alas

The Lost Prince
Ainosuke leaned onto his bed and clutched his unsettled heart while tears ran down his face. his mind flashed through the frames of memories he shared with Mirai, though short, they were all precious. the only regret is that they started on the wrong footing, but everything else was out of pure, genuine love for each other. He was so engrossed in his thought that he didnt hear someone entering.
 
 "Ainosuke~" 
 
"Chinen?"
 
"come with me now, if you don't wanna live in regrets."
 
"where?"
 
"to see Mirai before she leaves, of course. your plan is one of no return. you know what this implies right?"
 
Chinen noticed his reddened eyes and knew his highness bear not to leave his dearest wife.
 
"trust me, Ainosuke. I know you're in pain, but ..."
 
"pain is nothing. lets go" Chinen was surprised with his sudden enthusiasm.
 
"Daiki will be up in the tower, watching our every move. any incoming guards, he'll be able to take them down with just his bow and arrow. and you have to put on this cause you don't want to alarm anyone about the king not resting in his room" he handed a black cloak and a mask, and when he struggled to finally put it on, he felt like a hooded slayer or some sort.
 
The horse galloped fast and it's vigorous movement hurt his wound like sharp knives piercing through him one after another. He suppressed his pain by gripping tightly onto Chinen's shoulder as a form of distraction.but it also made Chinen realised that he has to go fast or Ainosuke's body won't be able to take it.  He could see Ainosuke breaking out in cold sweat and his lips turning more pale than before, and he couldn't help thinking whether Ainosuke can hold on.
 
Right ahead was a carriage and Yuto, Yabu and Hikaru was just in front of them.
 
"Yuto!"
 
"omg Chinen... Ainosuke!" the trip were shocked to see the suffering Ainosuke sitting behind Chinen on his horse.
 
"we're just in time! I'll go stop the horse." Chinen rode towards the carriage. Kento was startled by the approaching horse and jammed break causing abit of an impact.
 
Realising it was Chinen and Ainosuke, Kento quietly left his seat and retreated into the background as instructed.
 
                   *******

Mirai stared intensely into the shadows, but as the familiar silhouette revealed himself, she realised he was none other than "A-Ainosuke!" 

 
Without a second thought, she threw her arms over Ainosuke and  crashed herself onto his chest, causing him to let out a gasp.
 
"I'm sorry~" she quickly pulled away from him as soon as she realised she is hurting him but instead he pulled her back in and embraced her tighter.
 
"why is it always you sacrificing yourself?" she stared at her pale husband as he spoke. even under the dim moonlight and the dense forest, she could see the suffering written all over his face.
 
"if it helps everyone move forward, if it relieves everyone from the hurdles up ahead, sacrificing one person would be better."
 
"then what about me?! ever considered that I'm not happy at all?! Mirai, can't you see, you are not the only one in this relationship. I love you too! I don't want you away from me!"
 
this was one of the most heartfelt and most emotional confession she heard from him, but it's also the most painful one. Tears jerked out from both their eyes and ran like the little streams from the hill.
 
"Mirai, you broke your promise. don't you remember, you promised me you'll forever stay by my side even if everyone leaves me..."
 
"I'm sorry... I don't wanna do this too, but it's the only way I could..."
 
"watch over me?!!! bloody hell! everyone in this world is sacrificing their lives for me all these while, and I can't even watch over the one I love?!" Ainosuke pounded on his chest as though punishing himself for not being able to anything. Mirai's heart break seeing the effect of her decision on him, but there's really no room for regrets, since it has come to the point of no return. She grabbed his arms and stopped him from hurting his wound further.
 
"please...please don't hurt yourself ... promise me you'll live on happily."
 
"you're so cruel... how could I, with all the memories of you present at every corner of the palace. how could I be happy?!" she has never seen him cry so intensely before, that seeing this scene makes her heart weak.
 
"you can do it, Ainosuke. You have the best people around you, Chinen and all your generals who are like your family, who serve you unconditionally... you have your mum who loves you dearly... you have Riko, the girl you care from the bottom of your heart. and i'm sure your son will mend your heart too. you have everything anyone can ever wish for...i never ask much from you... I just need you to promise me this one thing."
 
Ainosuke closed his eyes as if trying to calm himself down and reconciling his thoughts. He wiped the tears off his drenched face and finally "I promise..."
 
"one more thing..." Mirai paused and looked down on Ainosuke's fingers and held it up close to her. She reached out to the couple ring on his finger and Ainosuke knew what she wanted.
 
"no, not this! this is mine!"
 
"you don't need it anymore. why do you want to keep something which is useless, worthless and will only cause you more heartaches." Upon hearing this, Ainosuke furiously shook off Mirai's hands and clenched his fist with the ring tightly around his finger.
 
"It's up to me to decide the usefulness of this, not you. you have yours, so don't expect me to give you mine."
 
Ainosuke's words melts her heart and she is beginning to doubt her ability to really forsake this love that grew too unbelievably strong.
 
She kneeled down and begged, and this act really took him by surprise and put him in a fix.
 
"Mirai!!!" he squat down and wrapped her in his arms. They could both feel each others' tears seeping into their clothes, while their hands ran on their backs comforting the broken souls. Mirai leaned her head nicely on the between his neck and his shoulder and she could clearly smell his citrus scent on top of his medicine. she found the smell so comforting, she thought she's gonna miss it alot. but that's not all she's going to miss out... Ainosuke pulled apart slightly and slowly approached her lips with his, pressing gently on her pursed lips. tears washed down their face, wetting their dried lips in the midst of the passionate moment. 
 
when he finally retreated from her lips, "I'll give you." he held out his hand and Mirai took the lead in removing his ring. bit by bit, she wriggled the ring from his finger, and in no time, it became her possession. Mirai could feel the agony in his tightly-shut eyes and hear his tears choking his breathing.
 
"Mirai, in return, I want you to promise me something..."
 
She watched him closely, as she hoped that it's something that she'll not need to reject cause she no longer has the courage to push him away.
 
"... show yourself visibly always, so I can locate you...don't hide from me."
 
Mirai was too messed up to understand what this meant but when she wanted to seek clarifications, Chinen's voice interrupted "Ainosuke, we have to go. the guards are coming." 
 
"Mirai, we have to leave before it's too late" Kento reappeared and with Chinen's signal, he pulled Mirai further from Ainosuke, while Chinen did likewise, painfully separating the 2 lovebirds who continued calling each other's name. it was literally ripping the supposedly strong hearts of Kento and Chinen, that even they shed tears of sorrows and sympathy. the bystanders Yuto and gang held their breathe as they watched the heartbreaking scene.
 
"Ainosuke!" the wounds, along with the emotional trauma finally took a toll on his delicate heart and he fainted while struggling against Chinen's grip. Mirai noticed Ainosuke lying on Chinen's arms and was bent on running towards him, and making sure he was alright. she regretted leaving him, she felt that she can't leave him in this state, but everything is too late. Kento lifted Mirai and tolerated her intense struggles, and carried her into the carriage. Mirai could only helplessly watch as Chinen lifted the unconscious Ainosuke onto his horse and rode him into the opposite direction with Yuto and the rest escorting him front and back.
 
Chinen rode the horse as fast as he could with Ainosuke in front of him, leaning backwards on his chest. He avoided the guards with the help of Yuto and the rest, as well as Daiki, and finally lay the King back on his bed in the chamber. He stayed while he ordered the maids to dress him properly back into his original clothes. 
 
"M-miraii, don't g-go~ p-please.." Chinen felt his own eyes turning wet and red as he vaguely hear Ainosuke calling Mirai's name repeatedly and saw tears running from the corner of his eyes.
 
The carriage travelled day and night through the dense woods and arrived in a new land far beyond the capital of Aoihoshi.she enclosed his ring tightly in her fist, while a drop of tear fell exactly onto the minute holes of her fingers and seeped through.  "Ainosuke~ I love you forever...." 
 
one in bed, still unconscious from the wound inflicted by his loved one; the other one leaving to a land far beyond - but their hearts and souls transcended across the borders, connected by the frames of happiness, sadness that concerns only them both. Flashing across their memories like a rewinded movie, to the point they first met, each clip seemed so vivid and fresh like as if everything was only a matter of a day.  Occupying the individual spaces, back to a time when they do not have each other by their side, make them reminisce even more... The day we first met....all the first we had.... 
 
Sometimes I sit in silence
waiting for a sign, I’m breathless
Can’t believe you’re not just a dream
But when you take my hand
my fears all fade away
Your love is more real than anything,
that I’ve ever known

Hold me close
don’t ever let me go, I am yours,
with all of my heart,
all of my soul
Never lookin’ back, you set me free

 
You are my everything
The very air I breathe
And your love is all I ever need to know
That we can live this life
Forever side by side
You give me strength to face the tides
You’re the sunlight in my sky
The way you look into my eyes,
I feel brand new, alive,
Cuz they tell me that I’m yours, and
You’re mine

Thought I had all the answers,
knew my way around, my life was
something that I thought would never change
Then you came along,
turned my world upside down
And baby I’m so glad that I was wrong
In your love, I am home

So when things don’t go your way
When you’re let down, when you fear,
just reach for me, I’m here, 
Every storm, any mountain to be climbed,
lean on me, I’m by your side,
I will never leave your side

You are my everything
The very air I breathe
And your love is all I ever need to know
That we can live this life
Forever side by side
You give me strength to face the tides,
You’re the sunlight in my sky
The way you look into my eyes,
I feel brand new, alive,
Cuz they tell me that I’m yours, and
You’re mine 
 

tumblr_mlyhx8tnJR1r1vvcho1_500.pngEmbedded image permalink