Ryutaro's unprecedented visit

The Lost Prince
next morning.
 
Ainosuke POV
 
I woke up as the sun shone on our bare bodies. the first person I saw was Riko. it's all not a dream. she lies in my arm, with her head buried in my chest and our arms tightly embracing each other. it suddenly hits me that I have betrayed Mirai. I feel so guilty towards her... from the elaborate ceremony to our first night, me and Mirai had none of that. but Riko and I did it all.
I looked at Riko closely and saw her in deep frowns. it got me worried. I sat up and felt my body aching really bad, and then I realised she could be facing twice the pain I'm experiencing.
 
"Riko~ Daijoubu?" I said softly.
 
"it feels tight at the bottom~" she said.
 
I took a peek from beneath the blanket to check what's wrong.
 
"Riko, it's bleeding. I'll get the doctor" I got up and quickly dressed up so I could summon the guards.
 
"Daijoubu. I think it's normal"
 
"honto?"
 
she nodded.
 
"I must be too violent yesterday. gomene" I wiped the hair off her face.
 
"anyway, I'll still get a doctor to check for you. so you rest well today, okay?"
 
she nodded and smiled gently. "Ainosuke, from now on, you'll take care of me right?"
 
"hai"
I walked slowly out of our chamber as I too felt the strain between my legs. 
 
"I must really have overdone it yesterday." I thought.
 
then I heard giggles from behind me.
 
"Ainosuke, you're walking in a really funny way...." Inoo and Keito mocked.
 
"that's rude of you guys" I replied.
 
they continued giggling.
 
"anyway, I see you did well yesterday night, Ainosuke! Riko-san will be able to save Aoihoshi and you." Keito smiled.
 
I nodded with a pinch of salt. I don't know whether to feel happy or feel sad about it. the thought about Mirai just keeps surfacing in my mind. 
 
"where's Chinen and Daiki?" I wanted to know how's Mirai was yesterday amid all the chaos.
 
"they're accompanying the Queen in her chamber...I guess they'll be here to see you soon after the doctor is done with his check on her"
 
"heh? doctor? why? what happened?"
 
Inoo panicked, realizing that the guards promised Mirai not to tell Ainosuke about it.
 
"er.. no everything is fine. it's just a routine check"
 
"don't lie to me. I saw through you already!"
 
"she fainted yesterday night. we were all with her so don't worry"
 
"why did she faint?!"
 
"the doctor said that it could be malnutrition, irregular diet and emotional stress"
 
my mind recalled the last night where I saw her tear in her sleep. I kept seeing sadness and loneliness in her eyes. I wrenched my fist as I thought to myself.
 
"Ainosuke, where are you going?" Keito asked as I walked past them
 
"to see her." 
 
"what about the meeting?"
 
"let everyone know it'll be delayed by a hour"
 
"hai~"
 
----
"my lord?! why are you here?" Daiki asked in shock to see the King in front of him and Chinen.
 
"you guys can take a rest now, I'll see her personally" I pushed my way through them and into Mirai's chamber.
 
she lies motionless on her bed. her face and lips are so pale, like her life is out of her. her eyes is swollen as if she cried very hard. 
 
I closed the curtain as the sun shines boldly on her.
 
her frown pains my heart. I sat beside her and pat her head lightly.
I grabbed her hand and kissed her forehead, and that's all I could do for her for now.
 
"Ainosuke?" she opened her eyes slowly and looked at me with sorrowful eyes.
 
before I could say anything, she sat up and interrupted me.
 
she removed my top slightly revealing the skin on my shoulder and said, "is it painful?"
 
how did she know Riko bit me on my shoulder yesterday when she's enduring the pain.
 
she saw it?!
 
I looked at her and I tried to refrain myself from bursting into tears.
 
"baka!" I wrapped her in my arms and exclaimed.
"Riko and you are really a true couple."
 
"we are too" I hugged her tighter and tears silently rolled down my cheeks. her arms wrapped around my waist and her grip tightens. I know at once she's crying as well.
*knock knock
 
"come in" Mirai said
 
"sorry to disturb. Ryutaro-san has a word for you, Ainosuke-sama" Mirai's maid said.
 
"Ryutaro? I hope nothing is cropping up. you go ahead, I'll be fine" Mirai gave my hand a squeeze and said.
 
"alright~I'll come by later. take care"   gave her a last hug before I exit the room.
 
Mirai POV
"Kami~" I called my maid as soon as Ainosuke exited the room.
 
"yes, Mirai-sama"
 
"get Chinen here now." she nodded and ran out in search of Chinen.
 
with her efficiency, it only took about 5minutes.
 
*knock knock
 
"come in" I said
 
"Mirai-sama, Chinen-sama is here."
 
"bring him in~"
 
"hai~"
 
"Mirai-chan~ what is it I can do for you?"
"Chinen, I need you to help me listen in to what Ryutaro has to say to Ainosuke"
 
"heh?"
 
"I'm worried. if it's Ryutaro, it just means something is brewing out there. I'm sure Ainosuke will not tell me about his troubles so I want you to be my ears. can you do that?"
 
"yes. your wish is my command, Mirai-chan" he smiled brightly.
 
"arigatou! I know I can count on you. oh, don't tell Ainosuke about this."
 
"don't worry."