chapter 12 - Gomenasai

The Lost Prince
Ainosuke POV
 
"Ahhhh!!!"
 
the tip of the whip breaks my skin, leaving thick whip lines on my bare skin. blood flows from each of the open wounds as whips come one after another. 
 
my hands are tied up on a cross, and my legs are bonded together. 
 
to maximize the pain, they removed my top and occasionally drench me in salt water.
to make things worst, the sanitation and ventilation in what seemed like a torture chamber is horrible. sweat and tears of pain trickle down my face. 
 
"Itai!!"
 
the guard continued whipping until he got tired. 
 
"sign this and declare that you want to terminate all blood relations with Queen Umi and we'll let you off. "
 
"you wish~" 
 
"continue whipping him. and increase the intensity"
 
"Ahhhhhh!!!!! DAMN YOU!!!"
 
there seems to be no part of my body that is not covered in wounds and blood. my body can already make a good art piece.
 
Queen Umi POV
 
I hear heartbreaking screams of a young man along the walkway to the torture chamber. 
 
this scream sends chills down my spine and it does make me feel like breaking down in tears.
 
every scream breaks my heart.
 
I clutch hold of my chest in pain.
 
"there's someone I like you to meet... you will be sure to thank me once you see him" Minoru said with a smirk on his face.
 
I entered the chamber and right before me is a young man tied on a cross, half dressed, whipped so brutally that his body is disfigured. the whole scene is bloody.
 
he is unconscious.
 
no, please not let him be who I think he is. 
 
Minoru signaled the guard to pour the bucket ice water on him.
 
/splash/
 
"Ahhhhhh!!!!" he screamed in pain and started shivering thereafter.
 
"Konnichiwa"
 
he looked at Minoru with bloodshot eyes.
"JUST KILL ME! I WON'T SIGN THIS!"
 
"kill you? why would I. your mom will not want you dead, will she? Queen Umi?" Minoru turned to me.
 
no! my nightmare is coming true. this badly wounded boy is my son?! 
 
"Ainosuke?"
 
the boy looked at me. his condition is breaking my heart and now that I know he is my son, I am on the verge of running to him and protecting him.
 
the boy looked into my eyes, but said nothing. 
 
I am speechless.
 
"Umi, I give you 30 minutes to convince him to sign the declaration to terminate his relationship with you.  once he signed it, he will have no relations with you and no longer will be the legitimate heir to the throne. and so, I can release him since he poses no threat to me. you don't want this poorthing to suffer because of you right... well, it will be easier if you have just let him die with his dad 22 years ago, but anyway your choice has landed him in such unfortunate situation... his life is dependent on your decision now. good luck, he is as stubborn as his dad." Minoru whispered in my ears.
he left the room with all the guards, leaving me and Ainosuke in the cold, gloomy room.
 
"My son~ Ainosuke" I slowly approached him. I gently ran my fingers on his bloody whipped wounds on his chest...
 
"Itai~"
 
"Ainosuke~" I brought my palms to his face, the only unscarred portion of his whole body. he looks handsome and definitely a heartthrob like his dad.
"okasan?" he finally called. my heart almost melted when he called me. I never dreamt that I can hear him call me this, and I never expected it would be in such situation.
 
"my dear boy~ you are in pain aren't you?"
 
"nothing can be compared to those people out there who live in fear everyday for they never know when this tyrant will rob them, beat them or kill them~ this 22 years have been horrible for the people of Aoihoshi... okasan, I'm grown up now, I'll save you and everyone else from the hands of this bastard. don't worry~" he said as he endures the excruciating after-effects from the whipping.
 
"Ainosuke~ sign this." I painfully told him.
 
"nande?" he looked at me in shock.
 
"Aoihoshi is good. I'm good. so you don't need to act noble to save me or Aoihoshi. just live quietly as Yamada Ryosuke."
 
"nande okasan? now you ask me to go back to Ryosuke?~"
 
he let out a laugh. 
 
"all these people die for Ryosuke so that He grows up to be Aoihoshi's source of hope... he grew up and then people want him to forsake his life as Ryosuke to be Tanaka Ainosuke like what they wished for. he acceded to their wish and tried his best to be Ainosuke and still people died to keep him alive... now you are telling me to go back to Yamada Ryosuke!" he laughed uncontrollably and is worrying me. his statement made me realise that he has gone through many traumatic experiences for a young boy like him. he must have seen alot of his loved ones leave him. gomene Ainosuke.
 
"I never wanted you to go back to Ainosuke. the moment I left you under the care of the Yamada family, I have decided that I've lost my son forever. Ainosuke is dead. he should have, the moment Ryosuke is born"
"in that case, you should have just killed me instead of passing me to them. WHY DID YOU SAVE ME TO GIVE THESE PEOPLE HOPE!" he shouted.
 
I don't know how to answer you. I~
 
he lowered his head...and went into a moment of silence.
 
"Ainosuke~" I thought he passed out. 
 
"why not you just kill me. I won't sign that. you can kill the hopes of these people and change sides for all I care... but I won't be the one who do it. I've come too far... too many people died to keep me alive." his eyes are filled with tears but he hardened his heart to tell me just that.
 
he is breaking my heart when he told me to kill him. I~ I can't say a word no more. please understand, Ainosuke.. all I want is to keep my boy alive.
I controlled my tears and said, "you guys are making unnecessary struggles. you wont be able to overthrow Minoru. and tell you what, I actually have the intention to give Minoru a son of ours. im still capable of pregnancy, so you are really nothing to me. like i said, to me, My son Tanaka Ainosuke is dead, so just sign this and give up your place as an heir so the son of mine and Minoru can take over your place... it's for everyone's good.."
 
"If you're not gonna kill me, then go~"
"Ainosuke, don't be stubborn like your dad! just sign it and you don't have to suffer these pain and there'll be no more innocent lives lost."
 
"mind you, people are dying under his rule... and my pain? nothing is comparable to the pain you inflict on me since we started this meaningless conversation." he shut his eyes and no longer speak regardless of how I called him.
 
"I guess... that's it Umi" Minoru re-entered.
 
" the Queen back to her chambers and continue your business here" he instructed the guards.
 
"no~ no no no, just give me some more time" the guards pushed me out of the cell.
 
"it's useless. he has set his mind. if you've just let me kill him when he's still a baby, things wouldn't have progressed to this point... he wouldn't have to suffer all these. it's your fault"
 
"nooo! no please don't hurt him... please" the guards dragged me away as I struggled... the corridor is once again filled with the sounds of merciless whipping, followed by Ainosuke's deafening cries of intense pain.
 
"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! ah!" the screams stopped abruptly while the whipping continues.
 
no no! "Ainosuke~" I fainted on the thought that his body has given up since he no longer screams.
 
...
Minoru POV
 
"your highness, he is unconscious again. should we stop?" the guards said
 
"is he dead?"
 
"no, but his breathing is weak. I guess he won't be able to endure much longer."
 
"continue tomorrow. keep him alive until he signs this. cold water, salt water, needles, whatever you can think of to wake him up and whip him until his skin rots... the moment he can't endure the pain, he'll give up. everyone does that in this chamber, no one ever escapes. he is human too, I'm sure he'll surrender soon."
 
"yes your highness" the guards obeyed the instructions. everyone left the chamber, except for one
 
...
 
/now the barely-alive boy stood upright, supported by the cross, in the cold, eerie chambers filled with his blood, sweat and tears. his breathing is heavy and even in his unconsciousness, he suffers from the excruciating pain from his open wounds, while blood continues to flow  .
his chest and abs are so badly whipped that they are no longer recognizable. he gripped the robes that binds his hand to the cross so tightly that even his palms are bleeding. it's a miracle to even be alive under such inhumane punishment /
 
Mirai POV
 
"Listen up! This is Takaki Yuya and this is Hikaru Yaotome. All of you will obey their orders. Understand?" I instructed aloud to a troop of 1000 on standby at the palace gates.
 
"Yes Ma'am!" the troop roared in pride.
 
"Will you be okay, Mirai-san? We can assign more guards with you if you want..." Yuya said
 
"Daijoubu~"
 
"Don't worry Yuya. Chinen, Daiki and I will protect Mirai and get Ainosuke out" Yabu said.
 
My mind isn't really focus. I'm really worried sick about Ainosuke...I am really scared he is already killed. It has been 24 hours since he was captured. anything is possible. What are they intending to do to him? Killing him could be the best? Please let him pass this ordeal safely. "Please safe niichan... please...." I recalled Riko kneeling and holding my hand crying bitterly. This scene can't really get out of my mind.
 
"Let's go." I impatiently said. And there, with the dependable Yabu leading us, the 4 of us made our way in.
 
"Mirai~ regardless of the condition Ainosuke is in, remember our purpose today is to get him out quickly, instead of declaring a war or going head on with the King. do you understand?" Daiki reminded.
 
 
"hai." 
 
...
Minoru's POV
 
"Your highness, it's morning. Shall we continue with the torturing? He has yet to sign the document" the guard said.
 
"Yes, I'll go along"
 
"Your highness! Princess of Shiroku is here" another guard came dashing in
 
"nande? that's sudden... haha the King of Shiroku, my friend, must have something good to share for him to go all the way to send his daughter here...he could have just send a messenger to bring me the riches" I smirked and signalled the guards to put the torture on hold while we approach to courtroom. 
 
I entered the courtroom and saw King of Shiroku's youngest daughter Shida Mirai and her 3 minions who look familiar. Where have I seen them.?
 
Mirai POV
 
"good to see you, princess Mirai. It's a long time since I last saw you at your 2 year old birthday party....what brings you here all the way from Shiroku? You could have send a messenger...the journey must have been tiring"
 
"Konnichiwa. I must admit the journey here, is frustrating. but it's a trip that I must make personally"
 
"oh~ you are humble. I feel bad having you to come here personally to pass me the gold that your dad is so kind to share"
 
"haha. gold? I'm sorry to disappoint, but i'm not here to give anything..."
 
"oh, it's not?" he let out a face of disappointment. So despicable, he is.
 
"I am afraid you have something that belongs to me."
 
"i have?" his shocked face is beginning to entertain us. King Minoru, hold on to your breathe, cause I am sure you will suffer from a worst shock than you have now.
 
"Yes... My husband" I said coldly.
 
"Your husband?"
 
"Yes. I believe you have invited him to your palace yesterday"
 
"I DID?! if we did, I will definitely let him go. it's not like i captured him right. but i'm afraid I don't have your husband, Prince of Shiroku here." he awkwardly laugh, while he is in confusion and he is shaking.
 
"No, you do, King Minoru. My husband, Prince of Shiroku, is Tanaka Ainosuke"
 
"nan~de? how can it be...." he is breaking out in sweat.
 
"is there a problem, King Minoru?"
 
"I ask for his immediate release. If you insist to keep him here, for whatever reason, I'm afraid my army will not hesitate to attack. mind you, King of Aoihoshi, you know how you will fare if we go into a battle right?"
"I...I~.... guards, get the prince out~..." he said to his guards...I could barely hear his whisper to the guards, "tidy him up"
 
my heart is pounding so loud that i am trying very hard to mask my fear. what did they do to him? tidy?'
 
"dai-jou-bu" Yabu mouthed as he looked at me.
 they took a little long. and as every minute past, my tears accumulate in my eyes.
 
"hereeee." the King stammered as 2 guards held Ainosuke on each side of his shoulders.
 
he looks unconscious, and there are cuts on his palms. He wore a dark coloured top, different from what he wore when he left our fotress that day, but other than that, everything else on him looks unharmed.
 
"Ainosuke" I felt slightly relieved.
 
"er... he drank yesterday so he hasn't regained consciousness yet" that sounds like an obvious lie.
 
The guards handover Ainosuke to Yabu and Daiki. They both called out to him as they held him by the shoulders, but he did not respond.
 
I went up and cupped his face, "Ainosuke~ can you hear me?" I hugged him while Yabu and Daiki are still by his side -  i care no more, I just want his embrace, "Ainosuke~ it's Mirai".
"itai~" he said weakly.
 
"Ainosuke! Thank goodness you are okay" but he is in pain? where? I pulled myself away from him.
"MIRAI-SAN! YOUR CLOTHES!" Chinen shouted. I looked down and realised my white top is stained in fresh red blood. How?! 
The black top on Ainosuke must be there to hide his injuries. I reached out my hand to his clothes and was about to look at his skin beneath when Chinen stopped me, "Let's get out first. Remember our purpose Mirai".
 
I held in my fear, anger and tears and looked back at the King.
 
"I will not forget the hospitality my husband received here. Remember he is... PRINCE OF SHIROKU! I advise you to hold on to  your throne with your life, cause no one knows what the future has in stall for you." I am almost on the verge of grabbing Yabu's sword and stab him repeatedly when I made my final statement. I'll be back and then, I'll make sure you pay for what you've done to Ainosuke.
 
We rushed out while I held Ainosuke's hand tightly.
 
"Ainosuke?!!" Yuya,  Hika rushed towards us, "Is he okay?!"
"Let's go into the car and check. i think he's hurt." they eyed my clothes and realised the blood stains.
By this time, I noticed Ainosuke is semi-conscious. 
 
"Mirai, you sit with Ainosuke." They hurried us to the back seats of the car, while they occupied the remaining seats. Yuya and Hika retreated the army back to the fortress.
 
I continued to clutch hold of his cold hands. "Ainosuke~ bare with us, please"
 
He weakly called my name and his eyes is barely opened. 
 
"Mirai~ check his body." Yabu reminded as he continued driving.
 
My hands are shaking.. I'm afraid of what I'll see when I ed his top. From the blood that stained my clothes, the extent of moistness of his top... it is definitely serious.
 
I ed from the topmost and went down one by one. OH MY GOODNESSS! Tears literally burst out of my eyes. NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! I screamed. Everyone in the car, excluding Yabu, turned and looked at him in horror. His body is so badly whipped, fresh wounds continue to ooze blood, while the slightly older wounds lie beneath the fresh wounds. It's so bloody and each whip line is thick and deep. I could not even see a single part of his body unscarred and clean.
 
suddenly.
 
blood splurt out from Ainosuke's mouth
 
"AINOSUKE!!!~noooo~" I pulled his neck towards me, and leaned his head on my shoulder. I buried my face in his hair and cried.
 
his cold hand reached out to my face and wiped my tears..."Ainosuke~ You'll be fine..I won't let anything happen to you" I cried.
 
"go~men~a~sai... Mi~rai~" his hand dropped on my lap.
I tugged him tighter in my embrace, crying really hard as my fear of losing him grew. I turn a deaf ear to all the consoling words from Yabu, Chinen and Daiki
The few times he smiled to me...and that night's kiss......flashed through my mind.
Don't leave me, Ainosuke.
Queen Umi POV
 
While the King pinned me to the bed and 'consumes' me, I felt pain in my heart as I thought of the photo, my only photo of Ainosuke and me. I hold on to my tears. 
 
I remembered the day when I went to the gynecologist and she told me "your baby is a male. Congratulations Queen Umi, Aoihoshi has an heir"
 
 
 My son... he grew up to be so charming, so righteous. I am proud of him.
 
If you grew up by my side.... I imagined in my mind...
 
The bastard continues to force into me....I felt so dirty and despicable....I betrayed my son. I am sending my son to hell.
 
Gomenasai, my son.
 
I am doing this to keep you alive. and me alive, cause I really want you back in my life. I'll sell my soul or whatever it takes to save you. 
 
Please survive, my son. and forgive me.