Chapter 2 - Broken promise

The Lost Prince

Ryosuke POV 

ring ring ring.
 
I reached out for my phone in a fit of anger realizing that it's not yet time to wake up.
 
"Damn, I only get to sleep a barely 4 hours and who is this" I thought to myself. 
 
noticing that Riko is still asleep and Yu already left house, I didn't wanna wake her up so I took the call outside our bedroom.
 
"who's this?"
"come down now!!!"
 
"boss?" 
 
the head of fighter club demanded.
 
"I can't today. I already told the leader the other day... it's my parents' death anniversary"
 
"if you don't come here in 30 minutes, I'll come look for you. you don't want that, do you"
 
he is threatening me. one other bad thing about this job is that there's no exiting. when I realised the risk, it's too late to step out. I was tricked to joining, that's why if Yu finds out, he'll kill me for associating with this bad triads.
 
there's no way to say no.
 
"I'll be there"
 
"good boy"
 
he hung up.
 
sigh... I promised to take care of Riko. 
 
I looked at my watch. 1 match , 2 at most. I can still reach there in time. that's right, I can. there's more than enough time.
 
I quickly dressed up and is about to rush off.
 
"Niichan?" the half awake girl asked.
 
"Riko, I need to go out for awhile. I'll meet you at the cemetery entrance. stay in the visitor center okay?"
 
"Niichan, are you okay?" she sounds nervous.
 
"I'm okay. but are you okay with this arrangement? I won't be late."
 
"promise?"
"of course. keep in contact, I'll keep my phone with me... anything, even the most minor fear you face, call me okay!"
 
"hai. be safe niichan" she gave me a goodbye hug. I wrap her in my arms hoping she'll be okay later before I come.
here I'm worried about her, afraid she loses her mind at the cemetery, and there she is worrying about me. I'm really blessed with this lovable sister.
 
...
"Yamada Ryosuke-kun. you cannot lose today. you are our strongest fighter and if you lose this particular game, I'll make sure you lose your head too"
chills run through my spine. what's with today's competitor that boss is so uptight about.
 
"Ryo-kun, the boss has a personal feud with the boss of this group. I won't be able protect you if you lose so good luck" he whispered to me and the next moment he pushed me on stage.
 
I fell flat on the fighting arena. the crowd laughed.
 
that's freaking embarrassing. but before I can think of embarrassment, the arena vibrated. I looked up and I was shocked by the sumo-wrestler sized guy.
 
OMG! is that my competitor.
 "Itai~" he threw me like a toy over and over again.
"No!!!" he threw his whole weight on me. blood rushed out of my mouth.
"3, 2, 1!" I lost.
the boss' men pulled me up and dragged me to the alley.
 
"I warned you not to lose"
 
"he's too big for me"
 
"that's why I got you, our best fighter... anyway, you need to pay a price for losing this. I lost my face, thanks to you"
 
he signaled his men. 
 
I tried to run but I was too weak. they dragged me and started punching me nonstop on my stomach. 
I laid on the ground as they continued kicking me. my vision blurred and darkened until I totally out. the last I heard and saw was 2 tall guys approaching and my attackers stopped.
...
Riko POV
 
"miss~  we're closing soon. do you wanna proceed first?"
 
Riko, Riko... there's no need to worry. nothing will happen. yes, nothing... I convinced myself and decided to go ahead without Ryo nii.
 
I nodded to the old man.
 
I walked towards the tomb and stopped when I saw the photos of my parents on a stone tablet.
 
/flashback/
 
"we're not hiding anything! please let us go"
 
"really?!!!! then why did the maids said that you're associated with the Queen! what did the Queen say to you on the night before she died!"
 
"NOTHING!"
 
"since you're not saying, I'll kill your whole family"
 
"Noooooo! leave my child alone!"
 
the axe fell and chopped the couple up. the heads rolled, blood splashed and the 2 year old girl cried in a pool of blood. before the King's men could kill the girl, 2 guards came in and killed them.
 
/end of flashback/
 
AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ah!!!!!!
 
"miss~ miss~ are you okay?!!!!!!"
 
"AHHHHHH!!!!!! Niiiiichan, save me save me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
 
"RYOSUKE NIICHAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you promise to come!!!!!!!! they're gonna kill me!!!!!!"
 
"miss!!!" I shook off the cemetery attendant.
 
"Goooo away!!!! murderer!!!! " my mind is flooded with flashes of the fateful day. I'm suffocating!
 
"miss?"
 
"Yu Niiiiii!!!! Save me!!!! don't leave me alone!!!!"
 
...
 
Yu POV
 
"Woooooohoooooo!" there is a roaring applause from the audience.
"Yu!" Jae called out.
 
"how's your throat. you sang for consecutive 5 hours, dude!" 
 
"I'm okay" I cheered with my band.
 
"hey Yu, your phone is ringing" Hoon said.
 
I grabbed my phone from Hoon and answered.
 
"Moshi Moshi?"
 
the familiar cry in the background makes me panic.
 
"sir, your sister, she's creating a ruckus at the cemetery. this is a peaceful place. she totally lost her mind... crying and screaming. please come as soon as possible and get her out of here."
 
"wait a minute, isn't there another guy with her?"
 
"she seemed to be waiting for someone but that someone didnt come. for goodness sake, could you just come and get her out of here now! she's disturbing the peaceful ground."
 
"please stay with her. I'll come right now."
I fumbled and almost dropped my phone. goodness, where the hell is Ryosuke! my heart is filled with worries and anger at the same time. 
 
"what's the problem?" Hyun asked.
 
"Hyun, help me tell the rest I've something urgent to attend to. I won't join you guys for the after party"
 
"okay. but is everything okay? you look pale"
 
"if I don't attend to this now, she'll go crazy... Hyun thanks" I dashed out.
 
...
 
Loud cries and screams could be heard from the other end of the cemetery.
 
my heart fell into a bottomless pit when I heard Riko. she lost it once again.
I should have come along. I shouldn't have entrusted that irresponsible bastard!
 
"Riko!!" I cupped her face so she can focus on me. i need to let her know I'm here. but she's shutting herself up, violently pushing everyone around her away.
"nooooo don't kill me! okasan otosan!!!"
 
"RIKO, it's me Niichan!"
 
I barely managed to embrace her since she continues to struggle.
she slowly weakens her resistance and collapse on my shoulders. 
 
"I'm sorry for all the disturbance. really" I bowed to the cemetery attendant as I piggybacked Riko.
 
"it must be a nervous breakdown. take care of her"
 
"I will. and sorry again"
 
as I walk her down the road leading to our house, she woke up.
 
"Riko, I'm sorry I didn't go with you. but I'm here now, no one is gonna harm you."
 
she remained silence.
 
"respond to me please. don't scare me"
 
she remained silence still.
 
what I feared most.... when she's younger, she was so afraid that she kept the fears to herself, refusing to talk for months. it can't happen again. what can I do to pull you out from the darkness.
 
...
 
Yamada POV
 
"Riko!" I was awaken from a deep sleep. I looked around and the surroundings are all unfamiliar to me.
 
my body hurts like as though a bulldozer just drilled it's way through my body. my head feels as though titanic just hit me.
 
"Itai" I tried to stand up so I can get to Riko.
 
but I was so weak that I fell immediately.
 
then a tall figure held me up.
"who are you?"
 
another figure appeared before me.
 
"I'm Yuto and he's Yuya"
 
"shouldn't you be thanking us? we settled the issue with your triad leader. they won't touch you again" Yuya said sarcastically 
 
"arigatou" I tried to get up
 
"you are badly hurt dude. don't move unnecessarily" Yuto said
 
"I need to see my sister. she's waiting for me alone. bad things will happen if I don't meet her!" 
"you won't be able to make it there in this condition... so go on, it'll be futile" Yuya exclaimed.
 
I held in the pain and drag my way step by step towards the door. every step is torturous. 
"Yuya, lets just help him. since we've saved him, lets just do him one more favor" Yuto said
 
"you know we've a mission at hand right" Yuya said
 
"it'll only take a while. I can go alone. I'll be back as soon as I bring him home"
 
"I~" I was stunned when Yuto held on to me.
"ah. I really detest how you're so kind hearted all the time"
 
"not all the time. I only do it if the person deserve my help. this guy is concerned for his sister. he's good. Aoihoshi needs such good souls" Yuto replied.
 
"great, now you leave me speechless with a 10/10 perfect score answer" Yuya held me on the other side.
 
"minna~"
 
"leave the thanking for later."
 
it got harder and harder to walk. I felt like anytime now, my body will give in.
 
"hop on, I'll carry you there" Yuto said.
 
"it's okay"
 
"just hop on. Yuto is stronger than you think. if you wanna at least stay conscious when you reach home, you should just do as we say" Yuya insisted.
 
I obeyed.
 
my heart wondered if Riko is fine. my phone is broken and even when I dialed Yu and Riko's cellphones using Yuto's phone, no one answered.
 
please be okay. I prayed as I looked into the night sky.
 
Yuya POV
 
this is really a waste of time. I stared at the boy and Yuto without them noticing.
 
but something caught my attention.
 
something small and shiny on the boy's neck.
 
the necklace.... why does it feel so familiar.
 
hmm... I must be thinking too much. common design perhaps. 
 
...
 
Yamada POV
 
"arigatou minna"
 
"take care. you need a lot of recuperation"
 
"I will."
 
I dragged my feet towards my doorsteps.
 
"hey dude!" Yuya shouted.
 
"you didn't tell us your name"
 
"I'm yamada Ryosuke"
 
"alright, Ryosuke-kun, you owe us a favor. if we ever needed help, we'll come to you." Yuya said.
 
"seriously~?" Yuto jerked Yuya's hands.
 
"what?!" yuya said while Yuto gave him a sarcastic look.
 
"Ryosuke-kun. don't ever join black triads. we got you out of this one, so don't join back again"
 
"hai. arigatou " I smiled and thank with gratitude . at least I no longer need to fuss over how to leave this demonic triad.
I rushed into the house to see if Riko and Yu are home, but upon opening the door, Yu threw a punch on me.
it hurts so bad.
 
"I TOLD YOU TO TAKE CARE OF RIKO, AND WHAT DID YOU PROMISE ME, YOU BASTARD! she is back to her old self, thanks to you. "
 
"nooo Riko!!! I've got to see her. I need to apologise to her. I'll make it up to her" 
 
"don't get close to her! you are the cause of this! you got her into a Mess. "
"gomen" I broke down in tears. I tried to get up and force my way to the bedroom.
I was utterly heartbroken when I saw the state of Riko. she's still shaking in fear and crouching in a corner in the room.
"Riko! Gomenasai!" I embraced her but all she said was "Ryo nii, you promised me you'll not leave me alone"
 
"gomen Riko. please be okay. "
 
"I asked you for one favor, and you can't even do this right! you disregard your sis' life for whatever thing you are busy with . you get away from her" He pulled me away from Riko and pushed me to the ground.
 
I fell to the ground, hitting my back on the corner of the table.
 
blood rushed out of my mouth and stained the furnitures around.
 
"Ryosuke!" Yu rushed to my side and held me in his arms.
"Gomen! I don't mean it. I only use little strength.... wait a minute. why is your whole body bruised and full of cuts... Ryo...!"
 
"Niichan!" Riko rushed to my side as well. she's crying again.
 
" Riko~don't cry" I use all my strength to hold my hand up to her face to wipe the tears.
 
"Niichan~ I'll be okay... please don't leave me now! please tell me you're okay. I won't blame you." 
 
I smiled.
 
"Riko, thanks for forgiving me." blood gushed out from my mouth once more.
 
"Niichan!" she wiped the tears and sweat from my eyes and forehead.
 
 "Ryosuke, stay awake!" Yu shouted
 
" gomen Yu nii..Gomen Riko... I'm sorry for breaking the promise~ it's my~ fault~ I'm ~ useless~~I only made you guys cry~ Gomenasai " I fainted in Yu's arms.