Please wait for me, my love

Jonghyun the Genie

Ji Eun was seated at the far end of the couch, staring intently at the screen as the show started. She was rather interested in the show too, since she had seen advertisements on it but she failed to catch it for herself.

Jonghyun smirked and moved closer to her and pulled her to lean against his chest.

Ji Eun yelped in surprise. "Jonghyun?"

"I'm still feeling cold." Jonghyun smiled to himself. "If I hug you I'll feel warmer so just let me hug you.. okay?"

Ji Eun bit her lips, her heart pounding against her chest. She could feel Jonghyun's heart beating against his, pounding against her back. *Is that the effect of the genie disease?* she thought.

"Hey are you not feeling well?" Ji eun asked worriedly. "Your heart is racing!"

The SHINee pixies snickered knowingly and Jonghyun scowled at them. "Ah yeah.. It's the disease." Jonghyun fibbed, feeling a little red at acting like a  person who fell in love for the first time. When it is.

The show started and Ji eun and Jonghyun began watching it, ocassionally popping a popcorn into their mouths.

Ji Eun marveled at the beauty of the female lead and sighed softly to herself. *This drama kind of resembles us. Two people from two different worlds. Can we even have a happy ending together?*



Ji Eun fell asleep after 15 odd hours of watching the drama. Jonghyun laid her in his arms and watched her affectionately.

It came to the last episode, episode 16, the part where Miho finally came back to Daewoong, their love conquering all obstacles.

Jonghyun Ji Eun's cheek softly. "If only I was human, I could stay by your side forever." he whispered. "But I'm not."

"I only hope I can have a happy ending with you just like in this show." he mumbled, slowly falling asleep with his head resting against Ji Eun's.



Morning came and Jonghyun's eyes fluttered open. He looked down at himself and found himself back in his usual genie form, while Ji Eun was lying on the couch, still deep in sleep.

Jonghyun softened. He snapped his fingers and a blanket appeared, covering itself on Ji Eun, keeping her warm.

He looked at the SHINee pixies, giving them a look to tell them that it's time.

"Jonghyun are you sure about this?" Onew asked.

Jonghyun nodded. "Yes hyung. I'm sure." he said determined. "I love her, but I can't be with her if I'm a genie."

"I have no right to court her when I can't be with her. Why would anyone want a boyfriend who's permeable, has no legs, and can only be human for 1 hour a day?" Jonghyun scoffed. "That's ridiculous."

"But noona doesn't know." Taemin mumbled. "Won't she be sad?"

Jonghyun looked down at Ji Eun's sleeping face and his gaze softened. "What she doesn't know won't hurt her." Jonghyun sighed.

"After I erase her memories of me, I will find myself another master." Jonghyun continued. "No matter what it takes, I will help my new master to find her true love and get that true love's kiss. When that happens.."

"You'll turn into a human." Minho nodded.

"We'll all turn into humans!" Onew cheered, thinking off Hana.

" And you'll come back for Ji Eun and get her back." Key smiled.

"You're missing something hyung!" Taemin frowned. "What if Ji Eun noona doesn't want you? She'll have forgotten about you right?"

Jonghyun flinched. "I believe the days we spent together all these time, it meant something to her." he lowered his gaze. "I believe that I do have some place in her heart."

"And when I come back, I'll reclaim that place again." Jonghyun whispered.

He closed his eyes and rubbed his palms together. It was time for the final spell.

He mustered all his energy from around his genie body, making his body light up a brilliant golden. He muttered incoherent words of spells under his breath, concentrating on the magic.

His body starting vibrating because of the magnitude of the spell.

He had spent so much time with her, so many memories had to be altered. It's not going to be an easy spell.

With one last burst of energy, Jonghyun opened his eyes and channeled the spell to the sleeping oblivious Ji Eun. She jolted slightly in her sleep, her head glowing golden as well, as the spell began erasing all traces of Jonghyun in her mind.

Jonghyun took a last look at her before kissing her forehead softly.

"I love you, I'll come back." he mumbled, before he took off with the SHINee pixies.



Ji Eun opened her eyes, rubbing them tiredly. She sat up and was surprised to find herself on the couch instead of the bed.

"Why am I here?" she muttered. She clutched her head to recall the previous day's events.

"Why don't I remember?" she frowned.