Birthday

Jonghyun the Genie

Ji Eun puffed her cheeks as she gazed out of the window of the bus. The buss rolled past a bakery and there were various types of mouth-watering cakes put on display.

She sighed softly and propped her cheeks up with her elbow. Jonghyun looked at her curiously.

He followed her trail of vision and a smile appeared on his face when he saw her looking at those cakes.

*So all girls like sweet stuff.* he grinned. *Including this one.*

"You want to eat cake?" Jonghyun asked, causing Ji Eun to snap out of her thoughts.

Ji Eun blinked. "Ah no." she shook her head. "Just looking.."

*Because it's my birthday tomorrow.* she thought quietly.

When they reached the SM building, she was almost attacked by the Super Junior members.

"Oh My Gawd Ji Eun sister-in-law!!!!" ShinDong screamed. "She's here!!"

Ji Eun raised her brows. *Sister-in-law?*

"Ji Eun why didn't you tell us you and Kyuhyun knew each other from young huh huh huhhhhhh????" Sungmin whined.

"Nevermind that!" Leeteuk pushed Sungmin away. "When are you two going to get married?"

Ji Eun blinked. "Eh?" she gasped.

Kyuhyun came out just in time to save her from his overly enthusiastic hyung's. "Yah yah yah!" he snapped. "Don't be overly excited little kiddies!"

"Hey we are your hyung's!" Yesung protested.

"But you behave like little kiddies." Kyuhyun pointed out. He smiled at Ji Eun warmly. "Don't mind them. They're just being foolish!"

"Yah don't smear our name in front of sister-in-law!" Ryeowook pouted.

Ji Eun shook her head. "We're not in a relationship." she denied.

"You're not?" Donghae frowned. "But you agreed to marry Kyuhyun!"

Jonghyun turned to Ji Eun alarmed. He was ready to wring the neck of that hot maknae off in no time.

"When I was six." Ji Eun added hurriedly. "Nothing holds when you were six. Everything changes. That was just kid talk."

"Not to someone though." Siwon whispered and Kyuhyun elbowed him hard in the stomach. He frowned and said nothing.

*So she doesn't think our agreement holds?* he thought sadly. *But I always thought she would be the one I'll marry.*

"Are you free tomorrow Ji Eun ah?" Kyuhyun asked her as he took her hand in his. Jonghyun's face grew red with anger seeing how casually he was touching her.

"Yeah." she nodded. "Super Junior doesn't have schedules tomorrow right?"

Kyuhyun smiled brightly. "Then you'll make time for me right?" he grinned. "I want to bring you out on your birthday."

Jonghyun's eyes widened and he turned to Ji Eun. "IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY??" he screamed.

Ji Eun ignored Jonghyun and nodded. "Okay then." she nodded.

Kyuhyun smiled. "Then I'll come pick you up at 11. Prepare alright!" he patted her head before going off.

Krystal saw her master leaving and frowned. She looked back at Jonghyun and blew him a kiss that he didn't notice.

She pouted and flew behind Kyuhyun. Luna waved at Onew excitedly who was looking at the door for Hana to arrive.

"IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY TOMORROW AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME?" Jonghyun screamed.

"Not so loud!" Ji Eun hissed as she made her way to the makeup room. "People will hear!"

"No one can hear us Noona!" Taemin added.

"She's just saying to make him shut up." Key whacked Taemin's head.

"Yah!" Jonghyun frowned. "Why didn't you tell me about your birthday!"

Ji Eun shrugged nonchalantly. "Not like anyone will celebrate for me anyway." she said curtly. "I didn't think Kyuhyun would remember it either."

Jonghyun frowned as Ji Eun walked off.

*Does this girl treat her own matters with so little importance? It's her birthday! Of course we have to celebrate it!* he fumed.

He sighed softly. *And even if no one celebrates it with her, there's still me.*