Chapter 5

Ride Or Die
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Before you head out on yet another stupid mission, care to tell us why you're going to a lawyer building next door?" Yongguk asked as he folded his arms across his chest. Kris looked from him, to me. "Has it something to do with Mr. Jeon?"

"Perhaps. I can't be too sure, but i don't trust GD that much. He told me my dad fixed him and his friends a job there. I don't know if he was telling the truth or not, but i'm planning on going over there, ask them a few questions and find out if he lied to me or not".

"Okay, let's say something fishy is going on with those guys, what makes you so sure they'll tell you? And not kill you?"

"I'll improvise".

"I-improvise?!" Yongguk shook his head in disbelief as he paced back and forth, rubbing his temple.

Kris looked up from the lap top. "How do you know who you're looking for? You have seen a picture of them, right?"

I glanced down at my heels, pointing the tip of the shoe down on the floor as i fiddled with my hands. "Well, no... But i'll improvise on that too".

"This is such a bad, bad idea" Yongguk, who had stopped pacing, said. "Mr. Jeon is going to kill me if he finds out i let you do this by yourself".

 

"I still think this is a really bad idea..." Yongguk mumbled into the ear plug. I mentally rolled my eyes as i stepped through the doors. I examined the room, looking for anyone that looked like, well, GD. Judging by the way they lived, they wouldn't be wearing any fancy clothes, so that would make it easier, seeing as everyone here was mostly dressed in suits.

I walked up to the reception desk and showed the lady sitting there a friendly smile. "Hello".

She looked up from her computer and pushed her glasses closer on her nose. "Yes? How may i help you?"

"Um... you see, i'm... i'm GD's sister. He works here. He told me to meet his friends here, but i don't know how they look like. Can you tell me where they are?"

"Um... GD? No one works here by that name. I'm sorry. You must have gotten the wrong building".

"She didn't get the wrong building, Sohee" The woman behind the desk, or Sohee, looked up at the unfamiliar voice at the same time as me. A boy with black hair, wearing oversized pants and an oversized t-shirt smirked at me. "She's talking about Jiyong".

Oh . I was supposed to approach them, not the other way around! The guy threw his arm around my shoulder and gave Sohee a comforting smile before he escorted me away from the reception desk and into another room.

Once inside, he shut the door, crossing his arms ov

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter