Chapter 9

Ride Or Die
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"How do you know that? How can you be so sure? You said there was a possibility they wanted information out of him. Obviously, that is not what they wanted! My dad has the information that could send them to jail for life! Why would they let him live?! I'm gonna find them and kick their asses!"

I ran out of the office and the house. I was pumped. No, more than that, i was furious... and ready. I had nothing left to lose anymore, i was gonna kill those motherers and make them pay for what they did. I was not going to rest until they were buried six feet under ground. 

But thanks to Jiyong's quick reflex, i hardly made it out of the driveway. I screamed and kicked as he lifted me up like nothing, walking back to the house. "Let me go! I have to kill them!"

He closed the door with his foot and pushed me down in the couch, pinning me down and glaring at me. "What good is that gonna do if you go after them?! You're gonna get yourself killed too, Hyosung! Is that what you want?! To die because of revenge?! Is that what your father would have wanted?!"

I calmed down immediately and glanced up at him. "You said too... he's dead, isn't he? My father is gone, right?" I said, barely whispering as i pulled my knees up, resting my head on them while wrapping my arms around them, turning my head the other way from Jiyong. "Everyone leaves me..."

Jiyong sighed. "That's not true" He sat down next to me, arms resting on his thighs as he glanced at me, wearing a weak smile on his face. "I'm still here. I didn't leave. In fact, it was you who left me" He moved his hand from his thigh to mine, gently squeezing it. "Were you planning on coming back?"

Was i? No. I knew i wasn't, but suddenly i felt bad for going with that intention in the first place. Girls doesn't like it when someone they sleep with disappears the next day without at least saying goodbye. Was it like that for guys too? I gathered my courage and glanced up at Jiyong, and winced a little. 

His eyes were somehow... sad and he was wearing this painful expression. He sighed and lowered his head, removing his hand from my thigh. "I see" He said and ran a hand through his hair, keeping his eyes on the floor. Now i felt really bad. How would i get myself out of this? I wasn't even sure i liked Jiyong...

Okay, that was a lie. I know i do. I know i like him. But... my father is my main focus. Even though he's most likely dead... But how can i be so sure Jiyong isn't going to leave me? I didn't think i would grow up without a mother, but i did. I didn't think my father would disappear, possibly die, but he did. I didn't think my friend would confess to me, but he did. 

I didn't think my other friend would hate me because of that, but she did. I didn't think Yongguk would hate me as well. I didn't think i would fall for Jiyong, but i did.

And now i do think he is going to leave me sometime in the future. You learn from your mistakes. Well, my mistake is trusting all the wrong people. So what is so different about Jiyong? What makes he so different from everyone else that left me? How can i be so sure that one day he won't end up leaving me as well?

I can't. And i'm not gonna take that cha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter